Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Corbyn, This is democracy!!!!
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 27 2016, 07:25 PM
Post #261

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

Its all irrelevant anyway. Corbyn wants to spend £500 billion. No one in the EU and blighty will have a pot to piss in soon...

Get stocked up.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Sep 27 2016, 08:28 PM
Post #262

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 27 2016, 08:25 PM) *
Its all irrelevant anyway. Corbyn wants to spend £500 billion. No one in the EU and blighty will have a pot to piss in soon...

Get stocked up.

Current government spending is in the region of £800billion. See here. Can you explain your complaint?

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Sep 27 2016, 09:24 PM
Post #263

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Is it not ANOTHER £500 billion?

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Sep 27 2016, 09:30 PM
Post #264

Advanced Member

I did love the fact that although the labour heartland (oop north like) led the charge to brexit according to Jeremy's pit bull everyone who voted out is a racist. Labour voters will really appreciate that I'm sure.

How to self destruct 101!

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Sep 27 2016, 09:45 PM
Post #265

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Sep 27 2016, 10:24 PM) *
Is it not ANOTHER £500 billion?

Is it, I don't know - I'm happy to hold up one end of this argument but I really don't think it's asking too much for someone to put bit of effort in on the other end.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Sep 27 2016, 09:48 PM
Post #266

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Sep 27 2016, 10:30 PM) *
I did love the fact that although the labour heartland (oop north like) led the charge to brexit according to Jeremy's pit bull everyone who voted out is a racist. Labour voters will really appreciate that I'm sure.

How to self destruct 101!

I suspect the resolution to your apparent paradox is that not everyone who voted brexit is a racist - nice passive aggression btw.

--------------------

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Sep 27 2016, 09:54 PM
Post #267

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 27 2016, 05:24 PM) *
Tony Blair had more opposition than May will get from Corbyn.

Judging by the number of government U-turns in the last year there is a pretty effective opposition somewhere.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 27 2016, 10:03 PM
Post #268

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Sep 27 2016, 09:28 PM) *
Current government spending is in the region of £800billion. See here. Can you explain your complaint?

Not even relevant. Sorry Simon. Corbyn wants to spend another 500 billion. If I promised to spend 200 trillion extra would you vote for me? Time to take the pill that tells the truth. Ignore it if makes u feel better. March 2018. My guess. If not before. Depends on how the run on DB gos.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Sep 27 2016, 10:58 PM
Post #269

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Sep 27 2016, 10:48 PM) *
I suspect the resolution to your apparent paradox is that not everyone who voted brexit is a racist - nice passive aggression btw.

Why, thank you. I try, I try.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Sep 28 2016, 06:18 AM
Post #270

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 27 2016, 11:03 PM) *
Not even relevant. Sorry Simon. Corbyn wants to spend another 500 billion. If I promised to spend 200 trillion extra would you vote for me? Time to take the pill that tells the truth. Ignore it if makes u feel better. March 2018. My guess. If not before. Depends on how the run on DB gos.

That's just an expression of contempt for the idea, it's not a reasoned argument - can you say more specifically what the proposal is and why it's a bad thing?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Sep 28 2016, 06:57 AM
Post #271

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

It seems Mr Corbyn is not acknowledging one of the core reasons many of his core voters voted Brexit: immigration. He is not acknowledging a need to mange immigration.

I suppose this has two sides to it: an acknowledgment of the need for immigration whether on economic grounds or humanitarian, but may also come at a cost to his party of which he is of course the leader.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Sep 28 2016, 10:30 AM
Post #272

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Sep 28 2016, 07:57 AM) *
It seems Mr Corbyn is not acknowledging one of the core reasons many of his core voters voted Brexit: immigration. He is not acknowledging a need to mange immigration.

I suppose this has two sides to it: an acknowledgment of the need for immigration whether on economic grounds or humanitarian, but may also come at a cost to his party of which he is of course the leader.

The problem isn't immigration, the problem is that areas of the UK have been underinvested for the last 40 years and people are just fed up with their miserable lot, so it's understandable when people blame foreigners.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 28 2016, 06:34 PM
Post #273

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Sep 27 2016, 08:25 PM) *
If you make your point, we won't tell; promise.

It is our secret wink.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 28 2016, 09:18 PM
Post #274

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Sep 28 2016, 11:30 AM) *
The problem isn't immigration, the problem is that areas of the UK have been underinvested for the last 40 years and people are just fed up with their miserable lot, so it's understandable when people blame foreigners.

So the problem is not massive population growth?
I strongly disagree. Its not foreigners as you say but it is numbers.
We simply cannot cope with the massive numbers of people coming into the country in a few short years. You cant build infrastructure quick enough to cope. I feel this is where brexiteers are wrongly labelled racist. Its such a shame that rational discussion is always hijacked by some. Not you Simon. Id have a pint with you and chew the fat. Others who always see things that sometimes are just not there.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Sep 28 2016, 09:35 PM
Post #275

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 28 2016, 10:18 PM) *
So the problem is not massive population growth?
I strongly disagree. Its not foreigners as you say but it is numbers.
We simply cannot cope with the massive numbers of people coming into the country in a few short years. You cant build infrastructure quick enough to cope. I feel this is where brexiteers are wrongly labelled racist. Its such a shame that rational discussion is always hijacked by some. Not you Simon. Id have a pint with you and chew the fat. Others who always see things that sometimes are just not there.

I don't think Labours policy is much different; simply they won't be drawn on pin point numbers. You are right, the infrastructure in the fullest meaning of the word is indeed collapsing in a fair few areas. Get that put put right, properly right, and most won't give a tinkers cuss about where their neighbour might have come from. That's just what Jeremy Corbyn has said at their conference. Of course, the fastest way to create the infrastructure is to increase the size of the workforce, that necessarily means immigrants, just as it did in 1950s, when from the NHS, London Transport, Imperial Tyoewriters etc.etc.etc. immigrant labour was demanded.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 28 2016, 09:46 PM
Post #276

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Sep 28 2016, 10:35 PM) *
I don't think Labours policy is much different; simply they won't be drawn on pin point numbers. You are right, the infrastructure in the fullest meaning of the word is indeed collapsing in a fair few areas. Get that put put right, properly right, and most won't give a tinkers cuss about where their neighbour might have come from. That's just what Jeremy Corbyn has said at their conference. Of course, the fastest way to create the infrastructure is to increase the size of the workforce, that necessarily means immigrants, just as it did in 1950s, when from the NHS, London Transport, Imperial Tyoewriters etc.etc.etc. immigrant labour was demanded.

You have a point. How will we go about making sure that the people who are coming in will contribute to the infrastructure build? Id like to see it and pay them well. Does this mean you would only accept a percentage who would not? Or take everyone whether they do or not and just hope for the best?

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Sep 28 2016, 09:59 PM
Post #277

Advanced Member

Meanwhile, all the immigrant influx are guaranteed a job, at at least £10ph as well as everyone already here. Err, I think I can see a flaw in the argument.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Sep 29 2016, 06:03 AM
Post #278

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

[quote name='Simon Kirby' date='Sep 27 2016, 10:48 PM' post='111984']
[T?/quote]
Then of course theres the ever popular Jackie walkers delightful stance on the holocaust. Anti Semitism in the Labour party? Why would we think that?

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Sep 29 2016, 06:52 AM
Post #279

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 28 2016, 10:46 PM) *
You have a point. How will we go about making sure that the people who are coming in will contribute to the infrastructure build? Id like to see it and pay them well. Does this mean you would only accept a percentage who would not? Or take everyone whether they do or not and just hope for the best?

No matter what, as you say, there will be a gap before we have a decent infrastructure. That does mean that there is an immediate issue; that of reassuring the population that matters are in control. In my view, this means controls who comes to the Country with the intention of staying. We therefore need to determine the rules and means of enforcement, which must have public confidence. Its this that ought to inform the debate and the test should be public acceptance and there are ways to determine that, other than the easily manipulated concentration on raw numbers.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Sep 29 2016, 06:55 AM
Post #280

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Sep 28 2016, 10:59 PM) *
Meanwhile, all the immigrant influx are guaranteed a job, at at least £10ph as well as everyone already here. Err, I think I can see a flaw in the argument.

Phew, your mate Phil Green unloaded his shop just in time didn't he?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post

18 Pages V  « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:38 AM