> WBC Election results
Simon Kirby
post May 8 2015, 06:19 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (blackdog @ May 8 2015, 06:10 PM) *
... this is going to be an administration without an opposition.

It could be argued that nothing has changed.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blackdog
post May 8 2015, 06:22 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

46-4 Thatcham West goes blue. West Berks Lib Dems will need a new leader, and the choice is very limited!

I'm no huge fan of either party's performance running WBC, but I have to say I don't like the idea of a majority like this. At least we could save cash on expenses by telling most councillors not to bother coming to meetings - the Executive will be able to outvote the opposition without any help from the sheep.

The gang of four are: Alan Macro (Theale), Lee Dillon (Thatcham North), Mollie Lock (Mortimer) and Billy Drummond (Greenham).

Alan Macro is the only surviving member of the shadow executive - I guess that make him the early leader in the leadership stakes.

The final result will be 48-4 when Falkland declares.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post May 8 2015, 06:34 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

Helpful coverage, thank you blackdog.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
blackdog
post May 8 2015, 06:45 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ May 8 2015, 07:19 PM) *
It could be argued that nothing has changed.

I disagree, 39-13 was obviously enough to ignore anything the opposition said, but now there are not even enough opposition members to keep up to date with that the executive are up to. We are now in a one party state.

I guess the most interesting thing is that now the Lib Dems are all but wiped out there is an opportunity that hasn't been there for decades for another party to take over as the opposition.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post May 8 2015, 06:58 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

And tomorrow it's Newbury Town Council's turn to be counted.

My prediction: 18-5 Tory majority - though it's not easy to see which 5 might survive!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post May 8 2015, 07:21 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Thank you for the updates Blackdog, great stuff.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post May 8 2015, 07:24 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Gotta say, brought it on themselves!

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post May 8 2015, 08:24 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (blackdog @ May 8 2015, 07:58 PM) *
And tomorrow it's Newbury Town Council's turn to be counted. My prediction: 18-5 Tory majority - though it's not easy to see which 5 might survive!

I wonder if JSH will survive the Town Council vote. Losing the WBC seat must be painful but perhaps the voters who read the local press reacted to the press releases differently to what perhaps was anticipated.

The good old Conservative councillor at Kintbury has been re-elected but I wouldn't have thought that as Crimes Commissioner, he would have much time for local politics although as somebody said earlier, with their large majority, it's hardly worth turning up for meetings anyway.

+Quote Post
Ruwan Uduwerage-...
post May 8 2015, 08:42 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 303

QUOTE (Exhausted @ May 8 2015, 09:24 PM) *
I wonder if JSH will survive the Town Council vote. Losing the WBC seat must be painful but perhaps the voters who read the local press reacted to the press releases differently to what perhaps was anticipated.

The good old Conservative councillor at Kintbury has been re-elected but I wouldn't have thought that as Crimes Commissioner, he would have much time for local politics although as somebody said earlier, with their large majority, it's hardly worth turning up for meetings anyway.

Dear Forum Readers,

I will be watching with bated breath tomorrow, but personally I would sooner seen Councillor Swift-Hook survive the culling and be held to account for the matters which I blew the whistle over rather than lose his seat and be allowed to escape public scrutiny.

Whoever is in charge of Newbury Town Council, the time has come for greater openness and transparency on the part of the Officers and Members, for the residents of Newbury simply deserve so much more from those whom the entrust to run the Town Council.

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera
Liberal Democrat Party - 'Resident Whistleblower'

+Quote Post
CrackerJack
post May 8 2015, 11:21 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,554

Some very active councillors have gone. Gwen Mason did a fair job locally, as did Roger Hunneman, Keith Woodhams and Geoff Mayes within their respective Wards. I'm genuinely surprised they've gone.

+Quote Post
CrackerJack
post May 8 2015, 11:35 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ May 8 2015, 07:22 PM) *
The gang of four are: Alan Macro (Theale), Lee Dillon (Thatcham North), Mollie Lock (Mortimer) and Billy Drummond (Greenham).

Without wishing to be disrespectful Mollie is getting on a bit. Given the huge Bluewash in the local council it will be a real challenge ahead to get herself heard on any matters of importance. I wonder if she'll call it a day within a few months when there's so few other LDs to look to for support. Retire and take up green bowls as a hobby instead. It's got to be.a better way to spend your twilight years.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 8 2015, 11:49 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (CrackerJack @ May 9 2015, 12:35 AM) *
Without wishing to be disrespectful Mollie is getting on a bit. Given the huge Bluewash in the local council it will be a real challenge ahead to get herself heard on any matters of importance. I wonder if she'll call it a day within a few months when there's so few other LDs to look to for support. Retire and take up green bowls as a hobby instead. It's got to be.a better way to spend your twilight years.

If only her mob hadn't screwed the park up recently.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post May 9 2015, 12:01 AM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ May 8 2015, 09:24 PM) *

Judging from the WBC election Jeremy Bartlett has sold himself to the Greenham electorate - so JSH or Arthur Johnson could well be up against it in Pyle Hill. Have to say Bartlett is a new name to me.

When I saw JSH had gone from WBC (the first LD loss announced) I wondered if it was related to the NTC issues, then the LDs kept losing and it seemed far more of a reflection of the national picture. They were unlucky that the WBC election came in the same year as this General Election.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 9 2015, 12:04 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

I have to say, while there are some people I won't be sad to see the back of, having a district full of fox hunting blue rinse Freemason landlords doesn't fill me with joy. Come to think of it, I wonder where the matriarchal-attack-dog is these days?

+Quote Post
x2lls
post May 9 2015, 12:27 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (CrackerJack @ May 9 2015, 12:35 AM) *

Well don't be then...

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
CrackerJack
post May 9 2015, 08:01 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ May 9 2015, 01:27 AM) *
Well don't be then...

Ok I withdraw the first five words of my comment. Instead I'll just say 'Mollie is getting on a bit', as that's a statement of fact. Is that better?

rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:59 PM