> Drink driving
ossy1
post Dec 20 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 182

QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 20 2009, 04:56 PM) *
I'm sorry, but this is your quote. Haven't you claimed to be a police officer on these boards? You have just advised people to be careful when drinking water before driving as it can have the same effect as alcohol. You are also saying that the DVLA will take your license away if you are on anti depressants, which is not true and it is irresponsible of you to imply that it is. You can be convicted of driving under the influence of drugs, but you have to be stopped and charged first, so would have to show signs of being intoxicated.

Which is why I posted the link aboutwater intoxication. Water intoxication can make people incoherant, slurred speech and on appearance would appear drunk. Anyone who has seem someone suffering this would also say the same.
I never said anything about being convicted.
I also said CERTAIN anti depressants which is true as some effects can cause problems for driving. Same as perfectly legal drugs which cause drowsyness and advise you not to drive on the box. Have a look at the DVLa website and download the At a glance form under medical conditions you will find there is an awful lot you should notify them of and an awful lot they will prevent you from driving for.

Now i did say it was tongue in cheek as im sure itwas when someone suggested that they ban aspirin ! I don't see you linching them.
People were making general suggestions about things that effect driving so I joined in the conversation I do not need you to then bring up my job. I am not posting on a job advice basis. Just thought my experience might be of benefit to some.

Now i'm not getting into an arguement with you over something that was a a response to what others were saying. End of conversation
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 20 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

You didn't say it was tongue in cheek until I called you on it, your job I felt was relevant because you have mentioned it in the past, if you hadn't nobody would know and it wouldn't matter. If you are in the force (yeah right!), then people trust your judgement especially when it comes to things like driving law, so you should be little less carefree with your "advice". The DVLA will not take your license of you for taking prescription drugs. They might for a condition you are suffering from. Water doesn't have the same effects as alcohol, to suggest such a thing is laughable, more so because of the seriousness of the subject matter in hand. Your link doesn;t work, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't realise that until now.

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Dec 20 2009, 10:10 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 20 2009, 07:16 PM) *
You didn't say it was tongue in cheek until I called you on it, your job I felt was relevant because you have mentioned it in the past, if you hadn't nobody would know and it wouldn't matter. If you are in the force (yeah right!), then people trust your judgement especially when it comes to things like driving law, so you should be little less carefree with your "advice". The DVLA will not take your license of you for taking prescription drugs. They might for a condition you are suffering from. Water doesn't have the same effects as alcohol, to suggest such a thing is laughable, more so because of the seriousness of the subject matter in hand. Your link doesn;t work, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't realise that until now.

Google it then. Having seen someone driving who was suffering water intoxication I can say that te effects are similar when under observation. we'll leave it at that.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 20 2009, 10:45 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Sounds to me like you've had to much H2O already! Happy to leave it there.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:23 AM