IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Praise for Good Service (for a change!)
JMH
post Jun 24 2010, 11:36 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 133

I thought I would sing some praise for a change. No doubt this post will incite others to have a moan but never mind rolleyes.gif

I emailed Veolia on Monday to explain that I had lost my green recycling bag due to the wind last Monday.

I had a response within 30 minutes saying they had forwarded the details onto West Berkshire Councils Customer Service Team who would email me confirmation shortly.

I received an email from WBCCST 3 hours later saying a sack had been ordered and should be delivered in 2-3 working days.

As promised sack arrived Yesterday, 2 days after my enquiry.

Pretty good service I would say!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 24 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

It does happen.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 24 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Mmm, could this be because they get money for recycling your stuff? A sack is a small price to pay for that. I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong though.

+Quote Post
Guest_Newbury Expat_*
post Jun 24 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #4

Guests

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 24 2010, 01:33 PM) *
Mmm, could this be because they get money for recycling your stuff? A sack is a small price to pay for that. I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong though.

Every silver lining has a cloud tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jun 25 2010, 08:01 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Newbury Expat @ Jun 25 2010, 12:45 AM) *
Every silver lining has a cloud tongue.gif

Well I have to say that I have always found the Streetcare team at the council very helpful and efficient. They do a good job.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jun 25 2010, 08:08 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 24 2010, 09:33 PM) *

FYI, from the EU Waste Framework Directive:
The Directive requires all Member States to take the necessary measures to ensure that waste is recovered or disposed of without endangering human health or causing harm to the environment and includes permitting, registration and inspection requirements. The Directive also requires Member States to take appropriate measures to encourage firstly, the prevention or reduction of waste production and its harmfulness and secondly the recovery of waste by means of recycling, re-use or reclamation or any other process with a view to extracting secondary raw materials, or the use of waste as a source of energy.

Ditto, Bloggo's comment on Streetcare. I had a similar experience when one of my green boxes went AWOL - a replacement was delivered within a couple of days.

+Quote Post
Road User
post Jun 25 2010, 08:50 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 38

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 24 2010, 09:33 PM) *

If they didn't get money for your recycling your council tax would go through the roof!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 25 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

I wasn't slating them for it, I was merely pointing out that it was an act born out of benefits to Veolia, not necessarily because they are customer focused.

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Jun 26 2010, 09:34 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (JMH @ Jun 24 2010, 12:36 PM) *
I thought I would sing some praise for a change. No doubt this post will incite others to have a moan but never mind rolleyes.gif

I emailed Veolia on Monday to explain that I had lost my green recycling bag due to the wind last Monday.

I had a response within 30 minutes saying they had forwarded the details onto West Berkshire Councils Customer Service Team who would email me confirmation shortly.

I received an email from WBCCST 3 hours later saying a sack had been ordered and should be delivered in 2-3 working days.

As promised sack arrived Yesterday, 2 days after my enquiry.

Pretty good service I would say!

Why are you surprised with the above scenario and what you consider to be praiseworthy. They are simply doing the job they are paid to do. There must be loads of people who lose bins and sacks so one must believe that there is a simple system in place to deal with it. No big deal.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jun 26 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Jun 26 2010, 10:34 PM) *
Why are you surprised with the above scenario and what you consider to be praiseworthy. They are simply doing the job they are paid to do. There must be loads of people who lose bins and sacks so one must believe that there is a simple system in place to deal with it. No big deal.

There is nothing wrong with giving positive feedback, even for doing a job as it should be done. It encourages, it makes you feel you contribute. What world we would have if the only mention of a service is to complain.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 27 2010, 12:33 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

I'd like to offer praise for good service as well. I went to Burger King today and ordered a whopper and guess what? They gave me a whopper! Outstanding. Well done them.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Jun 27 2010, 12:48 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 27 2010, 01:33 AM) *
I'd like to offer praise for good service as well. I went to Burger King today and ordered a whopper and guess what? They gave me a whopper! Outstanding. Well done them.

well you are very lucky to have one !!! wink.gif

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 27 2010, 08:54 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jun 27 2010, 01:33 AM) *

I bet it didn't look like the 'Whopper' on the poster though!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:44 PM