> Benyon: repeal the hunting act to reduce fox's suffering
On the edge
post Jun 8 2017, 10:49 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 8 2017, 10:54 AM) *
So you can get some nice shots as I drive in fluttering me wad at da camera. Ha Range Rover rules, ford just drools.

Range Rover? oh come on je suis, our copier man has just got one because its better than his Beema for all the bulky bits he has to carry.

--------------------
Know your place!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 8 2017, 10:55 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 8 2017, 11:49 AM) *
Range Rover? oh come on je suis, our copier man has just got one because its better than his Beema for all the bulky bits he has to carry.

Yeah rite! Still when it's a couple of years old I can give mine to the gardener.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 8 2017, 11:30 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 8 2017, 11:55 AM) *
Yeah rite! Still when it's a couple of years old I can give mine to the gardener.

Got to hand it to you, I wondered why a Land Rover; as tax scams go, it's almost legit! No wonder you don't want Labour shoving up the minimum wage.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 8 2017, 11:35 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 8 2017, 12:30 PM) *
Got to hand it to you, I wondered why a Land Rover; as tax scams go, it's almost legit! No wonder you don't want Labour shoving up the minimum wage.

Silly boy, it's known as 'creative accounting'. 💰

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Jun 9 2017, 12:22 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 8 2017, 10:29 AM) *
Oh, ok then, its a £75k disco. I bow to your (obviously) Superior knowledge.

Not superior knowledge; just ownership of the full-fat gas guzzler version

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 9 2017, 12:47 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Jun 9 2017, 01:22 PM) *
Not superior knowledge; just ownership of the full-fat gas guzzler version

That sounds interesting, what is it you drive?

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 9 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 9 2017, 01:47 PM) *
That sounds interesting, what is it you drive?

He may not feel the need to brag about his wealth. Not everyone does.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 9 2017, 03:31 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 9 2017, 04:22 PM) *
He may not feel the need to brag about his wealth. Not everyone does.

I was just asking out of interest, still sore are we? Just remember "there's no honour in driving a ford".

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 9 2017, 05:36 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Jun 9 2017, 04:31 PM) *
I was just asking out of interest, still sore are we? Just remember "there's no honour in driving a ford".

I'd rather judge people on their intelligence than the car they drive. Usually the only thing that can be judged about people that brag about their car is that their ***** size very likely to be diminutive. Also, if someone happens to know the model number of the current Mercedes E class, I think we can determine a lot about that person's personality.

Grammar's important too. Ford is a noun.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 9 2017, 06:10 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 9 2017, 06:36 PM) *
Grammar's important too: Ford is a proper noun.

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 9 2017, 06:45 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 9 2017, 06:36 PM) *
I'd rather judge people on their intelligence than the car they drive. Usually the only thing that can be judged about people that brag about their car is that their ***** size very likely to be diminutive. Also, if someone happens to know the model number of the current Mercedes E class, I think we can determine a lot about that person's personality.

Grammar's important too. Ford is a noun.

I see that having an interest and knowledge of cars is soon to be a crime under Labour then? You really are a sad little man newres. Sad.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 9 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Newres, starting fights in phone boxes since 1984 "The old firm" 😵

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 9 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 9 2017, 07:45 PM) *
I see that having an interest and knowledge of cars is soon to be a crime under Labour then? You really are a sad little man newres. Sad.

Leave newres alone. The second coming of JC will have to wait. Unless he crokes b4hand. He is a bit old now....
Anyway May is now in bed with the DUP. Just waiting for Jesus Christ, I mean Jeremy Corbyn to criticise fraternisation with ex terrorist organisations.... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 9 2017, 07:58 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 9 2017, 07:45 PM) *

That's utter rubbish Je Suis and you know it, it's not interest and knowledge of cars to be made a crime, just ownership. Buy a bike; whilst you can.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 9 2017, 09:27 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 9 2017, 08:58 PM) *
That's utter rubbish Je Suis and you know it, it's not interest and knowledge of cars to be made a crime, just ownership. Buy a bike; whilst you can.

Got one, in the garage. Honda CBR.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 11 2017, 09:41 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Forgive my ignorance but what has the make/model of transport parked in the drive have to do with fox hunting ?
I profess to knowing very little about boxes on rubber wheels but I do have a wider insight into the " the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable " pastime .
In days of yore the landed gentry divided quite happily between the shooting fraternity , who slaughtered every fox in the vicinity so as to raise copious amounts of game birds for the sole purpose of .... shooting them , and the hunting brigade who sought to facilitate the breeding of as many numbers of Vulpes vulpes as possible , for the dubious pleasure of chasing them across a muddy field whilst astride a large piece of horse meat . This " quaint " rural idiosyncrasy existed side by side quite happily, until some left wing activist who probably did not know a fox from a feasant ( sic ), thought it would kick the idle rich in the nether regions by abolishing it .
So £millions of tax payers money was poured into producing a situation where it is illegal to chase a fox with a pack of dogs but not to chase after your dogs who just happen to be chasing a fox . Bloody absurd !!!!
If you wish to prevent animal cruelty then look closer to home .

More wildlife , of all species , are slaughtered on our roads than all the other reasons combined but any suggestion of the automobile being abolished would be met with hoots of derision .
Thank you for the opportunity to express my view , you may now return to the relative safety of your respective 4x4s.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 11 2017, 10:09 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 11 2017, 10:41 AM) *
Forgive my ignorance but what has the make/model of transport parked in the drive have to do with fox hunting ?
I profess to knowing very little about boxes on rubber wheels but I do have a wider insight into the " the unspeakable in pursuit of the uneatable " pastime .
In days of yore the landed gentry divided quite happily between the shooting fraternity , who slaughtered every fox in the vicinity so as to raise copious amounts of game birds for the sole purpose of .... shooting them , and the hunting brigade who sought to facilitate the breeding of as many numbers of Vulpes vulpes as possible , for the dubious pleasure of chasing them across a muddy field whilst astride a large piece of horse meat . This " quaint " rural idiosyncrasy existed side by side quite happily, until some left wing activist who probably did not know a fox from a feasant ( sic ), thought it would kick the idle rich in the nether regions by abolishing it .
So £millions of tax payers money was poured into producing a situation where it is illegal to chase a fox with a pack of dogs but not to chase after your dogs who just happen to be chasing a fox . Bloody absurd !!!!
If you wish to prevent animal cruelty then look closer to home .

More wildlife , of all species , are slaughtered on our roads than all the other reasons combined but any suggestion of the automobile being abolished would be met with hoots of derision .
Thank you for the opportunity to express my view , you may now return to the relative safety of your respective 4x4s.

And why, is there not more outcry regarding the continued slaughter of Mr Badger?

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 11 2017, 10:33 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

The position of any particular cruel activity on a cruelty scale, doesn't in my view mean that it should be permisable. That is to say, how cruel an activity is compared to another doesn't justify it.

I see the hunting bill as a class war bill, but that doesn't mean it wasn't credible; however, I do agree there are bigger issues reguards animal welfare than hunting with hounds.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Jun 11 2017, 10:36 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 11 2017, 11:33 AM) *
The position of any particular cruel activity on a cruelty scale, doesn't in my view mean that it should be permisable. That is to say, how cruel an activity is compared to another doesn't justify it.

I see the hunting bill as a class war bill, but that doesn't mean it wasn't credible; however, I do agree there are bigger issues reguards animal welfare than hunting with hounds.

It may be a good thing St. Theresa was given a bloody nose or we may have ended up with the Tories bringing back hunting the Peasants again! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jun 11 2017, 10:49 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Thought for today.
Instead of foxes, why not hunt Corbyn clones? Seriously, clone a whole bunch in some vats, dress them in corduroy give them a boring whiney voice and set them loose! Great fun. Any that escape can, like peasants (sorry, meant of course Pheasants). go feral in the woods and headlands.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:06 PM