IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What's a hate crime?, Are the police now creating offences rather than the Judiciary?
x2lls
post Sep 10 2018, 06:21 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 511

How do we deal with this?

Are we all guilty now?

Is the Stasi popping back in?

@syptweet (South Yorkshire Police)

Just look at the response to them.

https://twitter.com/syptweet/status/1039087365128708096

--------------------
There their, loose loser!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 10 2018, 07:04 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (x2lls @ Sep 10 2018, 07:21 PM) *
How do we deal with this?

Are we all guilty now?

Is the Stasi popping back in?

@syptweet (South Yorkshire Police)

Just look at the response to them.

https://twitter.com/syptweet/status/1039087365128708096

Good to note that the good people of south yorkshire have nothing but praise for their local plod........or am I reading between the lines. angry.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 10 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 10 2018, 08:04 PM) *
Good to note that the good people of south yorkshire have nothing but praise for their local plod........or am I reading between the lines. angry.gif

Im just surprised some of the forum members have not had 5am wake up calls from plod after newres reported them! What is a hate crime? I think it is one that specifically threatens physical violence. Otherwise its just words. If people threaten to kill or maim that is a crime. If people disagree on immigration policy or the way a government is acting that is opinion. Its quite clear to me and criticising whites, blacks, asians, lbgtq+, muslims, christians, atheists, hindus, fatties, thinnies, gingers etc is not hate. Its opinion. It may be very wrong but its just opinion.

+Quote Post
newres
post Sep 11 2018, 11:19 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 10 2018, 09:09 PM) *
Im just surprised some of the forum members have not had 5am wake up calls from plod after newres reported them! What is a hate crime? I think it is one that specifically threatens physical violence. Otherwise its just words. If people threaten to kill or maim that is a crime. If people disagree on immigration policy or the way a government is acting that is opinion. Its quite clear to me and criticising whites, blacks, asians, lbgtq+, muslims, christians, atheists, hindus, fatties, thinnies, gingers etc is not hate. Its opinion. It may be very wrong but its just opinion.

In general I agree, but inciting hate should be in there.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Sep 11 2018, 01:42 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Inciting hate and hate crimes should be investigated and treated the same as every other crime that the police have to investigate. Everyone who experiences a crime feels that they have been violated in some way and it is not down to anyone other than the law makers, and the courts for enforcement, to determine what should and shouldn't be pursued.

Having an opinion about gingers probably isnt a hate crime, Following one home and verbally abusing them will be.

+Quote Post
newres
post Sep 11 2018, 04:32 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Sep 11 2018, 02:42 PM) *
Inciting hate and hate crimes should be investigated and treated the same as every other crime that the police have to investigate. Everyone who experiences a crime feels that they have been violated in some way and it is not down to anyone other than the law makers, and the courts for enforcement, to determine what should and shouldn't be pursued.

Having an opinion about gingers probably isnt a hate crime, Following one home and verbally abusing them will be.

Yes, but the people on here spouting their unpleasant views aren't hate crimes. There is the distinction.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Sep 11 2018, 05:00 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Sep 11 2018, 05:32 PM) *
Yes, but the people on here spouting their unpleasant views aren't hate crimes. There is the distinction.

Well, they could be construed as hate crimes if they go far enough. The fact that this forum is used almost exclusively by about a dozen of us means that it will probably never be reported though!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 11 2018, 05:56 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

On a similar theme, if on a slight tangent, I put the television on at midday and was confronted by 4 members of the opposite sex, (I believe it is called "Loose Women" but don't quote me on that), who were openly discussing the latest shenanigans of the honourable member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip. One of the contributors openly stated that " what sort of woman would entertain such a blonde headed lump of lard as a lover?" Now imagine the uproar had 4 men passed a similar derogatory comment on a female MP, (or other).
I am all for equality of sex,race,religion etc but it does seem very one sided. angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 11 2018, 06:06 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 11 2018, 06:56 PM) *
On a similar theme, if on a slight tangent, I put the television on at midday and was confronted by 4 members of the opposite sex, (I believe it is called "Loose Women" but don't quote me on that), who were openly discussing the latest shenanigans of the honourable member for Uxbridge and South Ruislip. One of the contributors openly stated that " what sort of woman would entertain such a blonde headed lump of lard as a lover?" Now imagine the uproar had 4 men passed a similar derogatory comment on a female MP, (or other).
I am all for equality of sex,race,religion etc but it does seem very one sided. angry.gif

Easy for them to say that as they know he wouldn't look twice at them. Over the hill old hags who are actually quite unpleasant people.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Sep 11 2018, 07:43 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 11 2018, 06:56 PM) *

Like all 'special interest groups' (pick any) they don't want equality, they want a special relationship with equality, a relationship that puts all the cards in their hands.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 11 2018, 07:51 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 11 2018, 07:06 PM) *
Easy for them to say that as they know he wouldn't look twice at them. Over the hill old hags who are actually quite unpleasant people.

I agree that there are probably better human beings to associate with, but why are they given airtime when television companies are supposedly the bastion of diversity?

--------------------

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Sep 11 2018, 08:06 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Sep 11 2018, 06:00 PM) *
Well, they could be construed as hate crimes if they go far enough. The fact that this forum is used almost exclusively by about a dozen of us means that it will probably never be reported though!

Well they didn't did they! Anyway, who decides?

Yet you go on to say about reporting?

--------------------

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Sep 11 2018, 08:09 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Sep 11 2018, 05:32 PM) *

Your views are also unpleasant. We don't have a monopoly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Sep 11 2018, 08:20 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Sep 11 2018, 02:42 PM) *

FFS,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZXGI7R1-gA

Mealy mouthed muppet has his priorities far off kilter.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 11 2018, 09:07 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Sep 11 2018, 09:20 PM) *
FFS,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZXGI7R1-gA

Mealy mouthed muppet has his priorities far off kilter.

Beggars belief. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 11 2018, 09:33 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 11 2018, 08:51 PM) *
I agree that there are probably better human beings to associate with, but why are they given airtime when television companies are supposedly the bastion of diversity?

Exactly. I'm all for diversity. Take my industry. I reckon its 95% men. Why is that? Do women really have no interest in Systems work? I don't think so. They just need a chance. It's actually still a quite sexist attitude. And thats a sleight on my area of work. As for the "loose women"... Its says it on the tin. No talent.. Give me a young lady data scientist and I'd show her a good time (in work 😇).

+Quote Post
newres
post Sep 12 2018, 05:35 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Sep 11 2018, 09:09 PM) *
Your views are also unpleasant. We don't have a monopoly.

How is not hating people because of their religion or colour unpleasant?

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Sep 12 2018, 08:10 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (newres @ Sep 12 2018, 06:35 AM) *
How is not hating people because of their religion or colour unpleasant?

You have insulted and demeaned many on here many times.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Sep 12 2018, 08:40 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (x2lls @ Sep 11 2018, 09:06 PM) *
Well they didn't did they! Anyway, who decides?

Yet you go on to say about reporting?

The police decide if they will pursue an enquiry and the CPS then decide whether or not to prosecute. The thing is hate crimes are an issue, they do happen and they do affect people. Opinions are one thing, as is reasoned debate, but there are plenty of examples of when online bullying has led to suicides and murders so we shouldn't be so flippant about it just because our experiences aren't that bad.

The comment about reporting is just that this is not really a proper forum with members from all backgrounds. It's a dozen people who mostly agree with each other so even if someone was really out of order it's unlikely to be reported as a hate crime.

+Quote Post
newres
post Sep 12 2018, 10:30 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Sep 12 2018, 09:10 AM) *
You have insulted and demeaned many on here many times.

For their prejudice. Yes. And?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:44 PM