> Council to cut senior managers
Darren
post Dec 23 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 61

http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=11973

Nice to see the cuts coming from the top for a change.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Dec 23 2009, 10:52 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Darren @ Dec 23 2009, 10:17 AM) *
http://www.newburytoday.co.uk/News/Article...articleID=11973

Nice to see the cuts coming from the top for a change.

Long overdue I think. As I have said before and been beaten up for, there are a lot of people in the council doing very little. Seems someone at the top of WBC agrees.
Watch out Bill1, could be you next.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
user23
post Dec 23 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Dec 23 2009, 10:52 AM) *
Long overdue I think. As I have said before and been beaten up for, there are a lot of people in the council doing very little. Seems someone at the top of WBC agrees.
Watch out Bill1, could be you next.
Seems to be untrue what you've said on all counts, as a lot of people aren't being made redundant.

Not very kind on Bill1 at the end their either.

Scrooge is alive and well on this chat board it seems. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Dec 23 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

It would be interesting to see what job (non-job) titles these senior managers have (had).

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Dec 23 2009, 08:33 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

Yes, I'm not sure it is 'good' to 'celebrate' people losing their jobs. having said that, it makes you wonder how they could afford to lose positions, does it mean a cut in services?

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 23 2009, 09:07 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Iommi @ Dec 23 2009, 08:33 PM) *
Yes, I'm not sure it is 'good' to 'celebrate' people losing their jobs.

I will happily raise a glass, to it. I pay a fortune to WBC for an appaling service, so I believe there is a lot of people underperforming and getting paid a lot to do so. I honestly think these people have been on a gravy train for far too long, with inflated wages, great benefits, and a cracking pension in return for very little. Hopefully the councillors will knock their allowances down a bit too.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Dec 23 2009, 11:08 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Dec 23 2009, 09:07 PM) *
I will happily raise a glass, to it. I pay a fortune to WBC for an appaling service, so I believe there is a lot of people underperforming and getting paid a lot to do so. I honestly think these people have been on a gravy train for far too long, with inflated wages, great benefits, and a cracking pension in return for very little. Hopefully the councillors will knock their allowances down a bit too.

It wouldn't surprise me if some of the people made redundant aren't a part of the 'gravy train', but I am still uncomfortable to 'celebrate' it; 'but for the grace of God', and all that.

Better maybe that these people weren't employed in the first place.

When asked if the cuts indicated inefficiencies which had wasted council money, Mr Jones replied: "Well, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't."

Another classic 'what a plonker' statement from a West Berkshire Council member.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Dec 23 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

Careful what you wish for.... And remember you only get what you pay for..... (I take it you get your bin emptied every now and then?)

Personally I think I get a pretty $hit service from Vodafone and pay an absolute fekin fortune for that too .......while their staff are underperforming and getting paid to do fek all! I reckon that the perks of their job, their average salaries, their general office conditions etc make them the most cosetted employees in Newbury ...........and the most inefficient... Sooner they pack up and pi$$ off outta this town the better.....

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Dec 24 2009, 12:56 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Dec 23 2009, 11:36 PM) *
... Sooner they pack up and pi$ off outta this town the better.....

What makes you think them leaving Newbury will improve things? Talk about being ridiculous, notwithstanding; off topic. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Dec 24 2009, 08:05 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

Difference is you have a choice, if you are that sick of Voda move to Orange, O2 etc. Dont have a choice of who we pay Council Tax to.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 24 2009, 08:18 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Jayjay @ Dec 24 2009, 08:05 AM) *
Difference is you have a choice, if you are that sick of Voda move to Orange, O2 etc. Dont have a choice of who we pay Council Tax to.

My point exactly! Who knows one day I might require more help from the council but at the moment the only real service we get is our bins emptied about once a month. And no recycling unless we take it to the tip. I live in a "non standard" area so there is a reason for this which I accept, but why do I pay the same money?

+Quote Post
Darren
post Dec 24 2009, 08:32 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Careful what you wish for.... And remember you only get what you pay for..... (I take it you get your bin emptied every now and then?)

Personally I think I get a pretty $hit service from Vodafone and pay an absolute fekin fortune for that too .......while their staff are underperforming and getting paid to do fek all! I reckon that the perks of their job, their average salaries, their general office conditions etc make them the most cosetted employees in Newbury ...........and the most inefficient... Sooner they pack up and pi$$ off outta this town the better.....

Orange
T-Mobile
Three
O2
I'm sure they are all working in Dickensian conditions on minimum wage with the slave driver beating a rhythm on a drum. Maybe they'll be more suited to receive your money. You could also live near their office. I hear Slough is very nice this time of year.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 24 2009, 08:45 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Hang on, are you for or against the cuts? Your OP suggests that you think it's a good thing, but that last post suggests that you don't.

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Dec 24 2009, 08:49 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

Of course, you wouldn't get that in the private sector - there they have to perform or they are out... laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Dec 24 2009, 09:06 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 23 2009, 06:15 PM) *
Seems to be untrue what you've said on all counts, as a lot of people aren't being made redundant.

You have not read my post correctly, I never said a lot of people are being made redundant.
Anyhow we may find that the 20 Senior managers will expand to the minions in the Council.
Not very kind on Bill1 at the end their either.

I'm sure Bill1 can look after himself.
Scrooge is alive and well on this chat board it seems. wink.gif

I take very little benefit from the large amount council tax I pay and any since it is obvious to some of us that there is a huge amount of wastage in the Council then any opportunity to lessen my tax burden is very welcome.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
user23
post Dec 24 2009, 09:29 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Dec 24 2009, 09:06 AM) *
I'm sure Bill1 can look after himself.

I take very little benefit from the large amount council tax I pay and any since it is obvious to some of us that there is a huge amount of wastage in the Council then any opportunity to lessen my tax burden is very welcome.
What about his children, can he look after them too? Let's hope so with you so happy to see him out of a job.

I'm sure all those caring for the infirm, clearing our roads, emptying our bins this Christmas Eve will take great heart in your Christmas message that they're a huge wastage, they do very little and you'd like to see them with their P45 ASAP.

We sometimes see sweeping generalisations on this board and there have been some in this thread. I'm going to ask you to put your money where you mouth is (pun intended) and ask you where this huge amount of wastage is and who are the lot of people in the council doing very little?

I'm interested to know where you got your figures from as they don't add up with the ones from those assessing the Council for value, quality of service, etc.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Dec 24 2009, 10:01 AM
Post #17

Guests

Your loveliness goes on and on!

"Inflated wages"?
You really have no idea do you?

As I said in your last anti-WBC post (you hate us all apparently), Merry Christmas. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Dec 24 2009, 10:15 AM
Post #18

Guests

Nice of people to make fun out of what may or may not be my predicament by the way.

I never wish any bad news on anybody or even make sarcastic or off the cuff "jokes" about their personal circumstances, but whatever floats your boat.

Thanks to those who agree with me on here.

Sincere best wishes for the festive season and a happy new year to all.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 24 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 24 2009, 09:29 AM) *
What about his children, can he look after them too? Let's hope so with you so happy to see him out of a job.

I'm sure all those caring for the infirm, clearing our roads, emptying our bins this Christmas Eve will take great heart in your Christmas message that they're a huge wastage, they do very little and you'd like to see them with their P45 ASAP.

We sometimes see sweeping generalisations on this board and there have been some in this thread. I'm going to ask you to put your money where you mouth is (pun intended) and ask you where this huge amount of wastage is and who are the lot of people in the council doing very little?

I'm interested to know where you got your figures from as they don't add up with the ones from those assessing the Council for value, quality of service, etc.

Firstly the story is about heads of departments not the "workers on the ground". Secondly obviously the people running the council do think there is wastage otherwise they wouldn't be making the cutbacks.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 24 2009, 10:37 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Dec 24 2009, 10:01 AM) *
Your loveliness goes on and on!

"Inflated wages"?
You really have no idea do you?

As I said in your last anti-WBC post (you hate us all apparently), Merry Christmas. sad.gif

I hate WBC as an organisation that I am forced to pay thousands of pounds too against my will yes. Inflated wages yes I do have a clue, just look at the jobs section in the NWN abd compare the council post wages against those in the private sector. Then factor in your state funded pension (which pays out before those in the private sector), and benefits and I think you'll realise you're in a very nice position financially. I have no idea what you do personally or what you are paid, none of this personal, you could be the hardest working person there for all I know. All I know is that as a taxpayer, I fund WBC and if I don't think I'm getting value for my money then you bet I'm gonna complain about it.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:10 AM