Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Town centre image
Bloggo
post Jun 26 2009, 11:54 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

I don't go into the town very often but today I did and was shocked at the image that I was confronted with.
There were teenage girls with practically all of their chest exposed or skirts up around their bums.
There are teenage lads scruffily dressed in track suit bottoms and football shirts loitering about with nothing to do. Can't even be bothered to get dressed properly.
Scruffy teenage mums, smoking and pushing dirty children in pushchairs.
Foul language freely being used without a care for anyone around them who may be offended by it.
There is clearly a lack of self respect displayed and little respect for others. The image of Newbury town centre I saw today is worrying as it will probably get worse before it gets better.
Hopefully I can avoid going back into town for some time.

--------------------
Bloggo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jun 26 2009, 12:01 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Jun 26 2009, 12:54 PM) *
I don't go into the town very often but today I did and was shocked at the image that I was confronted with.
There were teenage girls with practically all of their chest exposed or skirts up around their bums.
There are teenage lads scruffily dressed in track suit bottoms and football shirts loitering about with nothing to do. Can't even be bothered to get dressed properly.
Foul language freely being used without a care for anyone around them who may be offended by it.
There is clearly a lack of self respect displayed and little respect for others. The image of Newbury town centre I saw today is worrying as it will probably get worse before it gets better.

Welcome to 21st Century Britain........where have you been?

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jun 26 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Jun 26 2009, 01:01 PM) *
Welcome to 21st Century Britain........where have you been?

Yes, I know, but isn't it awful and depressing the way in which these people present themselves and the standards they are setting for their own kids.
How far does it go before it changes?

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jun 26 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Jun 26 2009, 01:42 PM) *
Yes, I know, but isn't it awful and depressing the way in which these people present themselves and the standards they are setting for their own kids.

You also need to worry that their ranks are increasing!

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jun 26 2009, 01:01 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Don't worry, Darwinian theories will kick in eventually and they'll spontaneously combust due to static discharge from their shell suits

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 26 2009, 02:10 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

This is a common occurrence in towns up and down the country. When I was in town today three teenage girls were pushing prams, smoking, swearing like **** and were also pregnant. Of course being in that situation will help them get a flat or house and move away from their parents.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 26 2009, 02:38 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

What you have is a career choice and the current government recognise this is a fact.
When a young woman reaches the ages of 15/16 (sometimes earlier) they have a choice to make.
Fire out a few kids and get a free house and benefits or face a lifetime of hard work and commitment to a job in order to try and scrimp and save enough together for a deposit to buy a house that they will then spend the next 25 years trying to pay off.

A lot of the less 'bright' or educated woman feel that they only have one option. And we the taxpayers are the fools for allowing the government and these individuals to get away with it.

Still - We have an unelected leader and a mostly unelected cabinet.

Makes Iran look positively democratic. angry.gif

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jun 26 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Jun 26 2009, 01:42 PM) *

Don't get me started!!! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 26 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 26 2009, 03:38 PM) *
Makes Iran look positively democratic. angry.gif

Not only that but you can also shoot into the crowd if they get above themselves. Maybe Brown could bring that idea to this country.... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Jun 27 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

Reasonably happy about the female attire (tut tut) but yet again another example of the moral decline that has enveloped our society.Any change must come from the top (Westminster)with the will of the people,so start lobbying,no demanding,that the streets are cleaned up because to do nothing is no longer an option

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jun 27 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #11

Guests

Are they bovvered? sad.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jun 28 2009, 08:43 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

...There are teenage lads scruffily dressed in track suit bottoms and football shirts loitering about with nothing to do. Can't even be bothered to get dressed properly...

Yesterday, someone had the bright idea to give them microphones! tongue.gif

This is a by product of making the area more pedestrian friendly, you provide an area for all walks of life and not just the meek.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jun 28 2009, 09:24 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (lordtup @ Jun 27 2009, 06:50 PM) *
Reasonably happy about the female attire (tut tut)

Not too sure about that. sad.gif

It exposes their ta'ooos and piercin's dunnit?? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Instigator
post Jul 16 2009, 11:49 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 179

Slightly off-topic,

I'm not sure if its me getting older and noticing it more, or if it's just got worse in recent years.

The worst case I can think of that I've seen is a young junkie looking lass trying to buy her other half's Stella with her milk tokens!! the best bit was her being genuinely offended when staff told her it was for milk / vegetables and the such like...

I admit I'm no angel, but the tirade that came out of her mouth would of made a sailor blush!!

--------------------
INSTIGATOR

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 16 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Instigator @ Jul 16 2009, 12:49 PM) *
Slightly off-topic,

I'm not sure if its me getting older and noticing it more, or if it's just got worse in recent years.

The worst case I can think of that I've seen is a young junkie looking lass trying to buy her other half's Stella with her milk tokens!! the best bit was her being genuinely offended when staff told her it was for milk / vegetables and the such like...

I admit I'm no angel, but the tirade that came out of her mouth would of made a sailor blush!!

Sadly that seems the norm; I've seen that happen quite a few times; drunks/ junkies abusing staff and shoppers.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jul 16 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Instigator @ Jul 16 2009, 12:49 PM) *
Slightly off-topic,

Isn't it amazing how ignorant these morons are. Where do they come from? Is someone bussing them in?

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 16 2009, 02:13 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Jul 16 2009, 03:08 PM) *
Isn't it amazing how ignorant these morons are. Where do they come from? Is someone bussing them in?

I think it is the other way around; we bus them out if we get too many all at once wink.gif

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jul 16 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Actually they come by train - that way they don't have to pay a fare! dry.gif

+Quote Post
Instigator
post Jul 17 2009, 03:23 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 179

If so, then I guess the busses accept the milk tokens!

--------------------
INSTIGATOR

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 17 2009, 03:42 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

I wish we had rain like we had today every day.

No sign of the swearing single mum brigade or the drunks / junkies abusing people and swearing at anyone who crosses their path.

We could in effect 'wash the streets clean'

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:41 AM