Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is nothing bloody sacred!!!
SirWilliam
post Aug 24 2020, 06:47 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,341

Just when you think the 'silly season' has run it's course, some barmpot decides this would be a good idea.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53888209

Not sure who is worse, the loony left for pushing this crazy agenda or the vast majority for allowing it. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 24 2020, 08:26 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 24 2020, 07:47 PM) *
Just when you think the 'silly season' has run it's course, some barmpot decides this would be a good idea.

Not sure who is worse, the loony left for pushing this crazy agenda or the vast majority for allowing it. angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif

Not sure what your problem is fella. Should just be drill music, a BAME only audience, and knives instead of flags.

+Quote Post
shedboy
post Aug 25 2020, 07:46 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,849

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 24 2020, 09:26 PM) *
Not sure what your problem is fella. Should just be drill music, a BAME only audience, and knives instead of flags.

They will be getting rid of jerusalem next

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 25 2020, 01:51 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (shedboy @ Aug 25 2020, 08:46 AM) *
They will be getting rid of jerusalem next

Thought that was on the Hezbollah agenda anyway? dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 25 2020, 01:54 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 24 2020, 09:26 PM) *

Will get the boot polish out along with the family ceremonial sabre. Should be a hoot.

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 27 2020, 01:15 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 24 2020, 07:47 PM) *

You're being played SirWilliam.

"Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, there will be no live audience at the concert, and fewer musicians and singers who will be socially distanced.

Many of the songs played on the Last Night are traditional British songs, like the national anthem and 'You'll Never Walk Alone'.

However, some people think that some of the songs including 'Rule, Britannia!' and 'Land Of Hope And Glory' should not be played any more, because of their words and links to the British Empire and the days of colonialism and slavery.

The BBC said that this year the songs will be played by the orchestra but without singing the words because of coronavirus restrictions, but that they would return with words when coronavirus restrictions end.

A BBC spokesperson said: "For the avoidance of any doubt, these songs will be sung next year. We obviously share the disappointment of everyone that the Proms will have to be different but believe this is the best solution in the circumstances and look forward to their traditional return next year.""

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 27 2020, 05:48 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 27 2020, 02:15 PM) *
You're being played SirWilliam.

"Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, there will be no live audience at the concert, and fewer musicians and singers who will be socially distanced.

Many of the songs played on the Last Night are traditional British songs, like the national anthem and 'You'll Never Walk Alone'.

However, some people think that some of the songs including 'Rule, Britannia!' and 'Land Of Hope And Glory' should not be played any more, because of their words and links to the British Empire and the days of colonialism and slavery.

The BBC said that this year the songs will be played by the orchestra but without singing the words because of coronavirus restrictions, but that they would return with words when coronavirus restrictions end.

A BBC spokesperson said: "For the avoidance of any doubt, these songs will be sung next year. We obviously share the disappointment of everyone that the Proms will have to be different but believe this is the best solution in the circumstances and look forward to their traditional return next year.""

Valid point and I thank you for bringing it to my attention, though my original source did site the reason being a "pc sensitive issue in the present climate", but owing to the furore generated by the decision I am inclined to view it now as a "face saving" exercise as, in this digital age, it is quite straight forward adding a virtual choir.
There again I could be completely biased and welcome any opportunity to close this wretched organisation once and for all.

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Aug 27 2020, 06:53 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

Start calling you Finny, cos you got played like a fish.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 28 2020, 07:53 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Aug 27 2020, 07:53 PM) *
Start calling you Finny, cos you got played like a fish.

Thank you. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 28 2020, 08:04 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 27 2020, 06:48 PM) *
Valid point and I thank you for bringing it to my attention, though my original source did site the reason being a "pc sensitive issue in the present climate", but owing to the furore generated by the decision I am inclined to view it now as a "face saving" exercise as, in this digital age, it is quite straight forward adding a virtual choir.
There again I could be completely biased and welcome any opportunity to close this wretched organisation once and for all.

I reckon the BBC does ok. It is accused of bias by both sides which I reckon means it's getting it right on the whole.

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Aug 28 2020, 01:40 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,072

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 28 2020, 09:04 AM) *
I reckon the BBC does ok. It is accused of bias by both sides which I reckon means it's getting it right on the whole.

Or getting it totally wrong. One of the last nationalised industries; not exactly the image we now want to promote surely?

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 28 2020, 03:49 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Aug 28 2020, 02:40 PM) *
Or getting it totally wrong. One of the last nationalised industries; not exactly the image we now want to promote surely?

I'm not too bothered either way if it goes. I'm guessing the propaganda foreign stations would continue. Don't forget those that attack the BBC for so called left bias also attack C4 & Sky News. They'll never be happy other than a Fox type affair.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 28 2020, 06:06 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 28 2020, 04:49 PM) *
I'm not too bothered either way if it goes. I'm guessing the propaganda foreign stations would continue. Don't forget those that attack the BBC for so called left bias also attack C4 & Sky News. They'll never be happy other than a Fox type affair.

My argument with the BBC is they are lowering their impartial status in order to compete with those other outlets you have mentioned.
Bit like the Times or Torygraph using a monosyllabic headlined front page in order to compete with the Mirror, (other useless tabloids are available), but only resulting in alienating their core readership.
The fact that they now want 150 odd quid of my pension for the privilege is purely academic. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Aug 30 2020, 04:44 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 28 2020, 06:06 PM) *
My argument with the BBC is they are lowering their impartial status in order to compete with those other outlets you have mentioned.
Bit like the Times or Torygraph using a monosyllabic headlined front page in order to compete with the Mirror, (other useless tabloids are available), but only resulting in alienating their core readership.
The fact that they now want 150 odd quid of my pension for the privilege is purely academic. rolleyes.gif

Sorry chap, but regrettably, the lifestyle you ordered is currently out of stock. Please try again later.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 30 2020, 04:56 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Aug 30 2020, 05:44 PM) *
Sorry chap, but regrettably, the lifestyle you ordered is currently out of stock. Please try again later.

I have already logged a complaint that this bus is not rainbow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MetPoliceEvents/...042285766279169

Fascists!!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 31 2020, 09:07 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 30 2020, 05:56 PM) *
I have already logged a complaint that this bus is not rainbow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MetPoliceEvents/...042285766279169

Fascists!!

Am I the only one that actually believes the world has ended and, we are at present, in some kind of purgatory where rational thinking is systematically being erased before we meet the grey haired chap with a scythe.
Still, as is with all these things, the next life form will see the error of the previous one........Hopefully rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Sep 1 2020, 09:03 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 31 2020, 10:07 AM) *
Am I the only one that actually believes the world has ended and, we are at present, in some kind of purgatory where rational thinking is systematically being erased before we meet the grey haired chap with a scythe.
Still, as is with all these things, the next life form will see the error of the previous one........Hopefully rolleyes.gif

You are not wrong! The Captain hasn’t really recovered and now not that interested anymore. So, cabin boys are trying on his uniform and strutting about; but it doesn’t fit. Who else is there? Coal trimmers remain coal trimmers even with their new foreman. And the passengers... well, that’s what they’ll remain. I’ve found a seat in a nice boat we’ve managed to lower - just for a row round for a bit of excercise.. deck looks as if it has a decided slope from here!

Never mind, we don’t matter anymore, only me.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 1 2020, 02:34 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Sep 1 2020, 10:03 AM) *
You are not wrong! The Captain hasn’t really recovered and now not that interested anymore. So, cabin boys are trying on his uniform and strutting about; but it doesn’t fit. Who else is there? Coal trimmers remain coal trimmers even with their new foreman. And the passengers... well, that’s what they’ll remain. I’ve found a seat in a nice boat we’ve managed to lower - just for a row round for a bit of excercise.. deck looks as if it has a decided slope from here!

Never mind, we don’t matter anymore, only me.

Self, self, self. rolleyes.gif
Guess it's women,children, multi-coloured, gay, lesbian, trans thingy types first and the rest of us will have to wait until you have finished rowing around the seven seas so you can rescue us.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Sep 2 2020, 06:50 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 1 2020, 03:34 PM) *
Self, self, self. rolleyes.gif
Guess it's multi-coloured, gay, lesbian, trans thingy types first

Wot like this one!

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Sep 2 2020, 09:30 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Spot on gentlemen!

It’s taken me awhile to realise all this woke stuff might have something in it. I’m BAME, child of economic migrants from Germany to escape Roman wars. So you need to treat me with respect!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:47 PM