Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pound Street Motorcylist
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 12 2009, 02:34 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

Last week I saw a kid no older than 14 get on a motorbike in Pound Street and start it up. Not wearing a helmet he roared down Pound Street at about 50mph past a Traffic Warden.

I was hoping that the Warden would have taken down the details of the bikes registration and reported it to the Police but he looked up, shrugged his shoulders and carried on booking the poor sap who had overstayed by 5 minutes in the wrong place.

Rather sums up this society at the moment. Book and fine the normal people and leave those that might be trouble well alone. They can do as they wish with no repercussions.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Aug 12 2009, 03:34 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 12 2009, 03:34 PM) *
Last week I saw a kid no older than 14 get on a motorbike in Pound Street and start it up. Not wearing a helmet he roared down Pound Street at about 50mph past a Traffic Warden.

I was hoping that the Warden would have taken down the details of the bikes registration and reported it to the Police but he looked up, shrugged his shoulders and carried on booking the poor sap who had overstayed by 5 minutes in the wrong place.

Rather sums up this society at the moment. Book and fine the normal people and leave those that might be trouble well alone. They can do as they wish with no repercussions.

So, did you log down the details of the bikes registration and report it to the Police? I am assuming you were not doing the job that you were being paid to do at the time? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 12 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Aug 12 2009, 04:34 PM) *
So, did you log down the details of the bikes registration and report it to the Police? I am assuming you were not doing the job that you were being paid to do at the time? tongue.gif

So all public officials paid for by tax payers should be 'jobsworths'? I would not last 5 minutes in my job if that was my attitude. 'The sorry mate I can see that their is a problem but its nothing to do with me' is not good enough. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Aug 12 2009, 04:01 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 12 2009, 04:38 PM) *
So all public officials paid for by tax payers should be 'jobsworths'? I would not last 5 minutes in my job if that was my attitude. 'The sorry mate I can see that their is a problem but its nothing to do with me' is not good enough. tongue.gif

Surely it's not good enough that you saw it happening and you did not do what is your responsibility as a 'citizen'? ! ! ! ? angry.gif

Or is it everyone elses responsibility and nothing to do with you other than going on forums and moaning about it? ! ! ! ? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 12 2009, 04:05 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Aug 12 2009, 05:01 PM) *
Surely it's not good enough that you saw it happening and you did not do what is your responsibility as a 'citizen'? ! ! ! ? angry.gif

If I did my duty as a 'citizen' these days I would end up in jail myself. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 12 2009, 04:07 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Or is it everyone elses responsibility and nothing to do with you other than going on forums and moaning about it? ! ! ! ? tongue.gif

And I'll moan all I like Chesapeake. It is my right. And I don't give a hoot what you think.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Aug 12 2009, 04:09 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 12 2009, 05:07 PM) *
And I'll moan all I like Chesapeake. It is my right. And I don't give a hoot what you think.

Fantastic attitude TDH. Good for you. You turned into a moaner not a doer. Your mother must be so proud. laugh.gif

Love you loads wub.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 12 2009, 04:14 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

You are so great Chesapeake. Obviously a god amongst mere mortals.

I'll leave it at that Superwoman.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 12 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

In fairness why would a greenback do anything about it? It's out of their remit, I complained (on here) the other day because I saw one having a go at drivers for running a red lightas I didn't think it was his place.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Aug 12 2009, 05:54 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

Too bloody right. There is way too much of this kind of attitude in todays society.

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Aug 12 2009, 07:08 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

In all honesty is this the crime of the century ?
I know it was foolhardy yes he could have been involved in an accident with a third party and no he wouldn't be insured ,but boys will be etc. and better a bit of stupidity now than more serious stuff later in life.

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Aug 12 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

I think I have seen this bike (and rider?) about Newbury. No lights either. What it does demonstrate is how little regard this person has for authority to venture into, or near the town. I think there is more than one of these bikes as well.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Aug 13 2009, 02:24 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 12 2009, 08:26 PM) *
I think I have seen this bike (and rider?) about Newbury. No lights either. What it does demonstrate is how little regard this person has for authority to venture into, or near the town. I think there is more than one of these bikes as well.

don't worry, I stopped, he didn't.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Aug 13 2009, 02:24 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Aug 12 2009, 08:26 PM) *

don't worry, I stopped, he didn't.

+Quote Post
Tweed
post Aug 13 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 269

I have noticed that the police and people like traffic wardens are not as vigilant as they used to be. I remember a time a person in authority was so well trained that hardly anything would get past them. Nowadays the opposite seems to be the norm. Kids drop litter, cyclists’ cycle on the pavement or frighten pedestrians, motorbike riders without helmets, alcoholic drinks are consumed in areas that forbid such alcoholic consumption and police or those new fangled types of officers walk by oblivious to their surroundings. It was my favourite authors character (Sherlock Holmes) who said ‘We see but we don’t observe’ and sadly that is the case with people in authority nowadays.

Yours truly,

JohnT

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 13 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Tweed @ Aug 13 2009, 10:54 AM) *
I have noticed that the police and people like traffic wardens are not as vigilant as they used to be. I remember a time a person in authority was so well trained that hardly anything would get past them. Nowadays the opposite seems to be the norm. Kids drop litter, cyclists’ cycle on the pavement or frighten pedestrians, motorbike riders without helmets, alcoholic drinks are consumed in areas that forbid such alcoholic consumption and police or those new fangled types of officers walk by oblivious to their surroundings. It was my favourite authors character (Sherlock Holmes) who said ‘We see but we don’t observe’ and sadly that is the case with people in authority nowadays.

Yours truly,

JohnT

Exactly my point Tweed. We have let levels of civility drops so low that bad manners and law breaking are just the norm.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Aug 13 2009, 10:07 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Tweed @ Aug 13 2009, 10:54 AM) *

Yours truly,

JohnT

I suggest that we all send a letter to Mr Benyon advising him of our observations regarding the erosion of social standards and ask what he proposes to do about it.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Darren
post Aug 13 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Just don't interupt the filling in of his expenses sheet.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Aug 13 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Darren @ Aug 13 2009, 11:12 AM) *
Just don't interupt the filling in of his expenses sheet.

Yes, I take your point but I don't think he featured in that sorry mess.
However he is probably on holiday and parliment is "out" at the moment.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:53 AM