Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WHEN WAS THE LAST T IME PYLE HILL WAS RE-SURFACED
graham
post Feb 8 2010, 08:36 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 80

Me and my nephew went out for bike ride over the weekend around newbury and ended up cycling on the old air base.
On the way back home we decided to the long way and down pyle hill, my nephew lost his balance a couple of times due to the poor condition of the road.from top to bottom of pyle hill there are pot holes loose tarmac its appalling! my nephew is only 8 years old so in the end he ended up riding along the path as it was safer than trying to dodge the pot holes.

I know we have had alot bad weather but the road was never in the best condition its only a matter of time before theres a serious accident.Our road seem to be in a right state and need money spent on them i would advise cyclist to avoid pyle hill and use newtown rd its much safer and the road is in better condition.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy
post Feb 8 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (graham @ Feb 8 2010, 08:36 AM) *
Me and my nephew went out for bike ride over the weekend around newbury and ended up cycling on the old air base.
On the way back home we decided to the long way and down pyle hill, my nephew lost his balance a couple of times due to the poor condition of the road.from top to bottom of pyle hill there are pot holes loose tarmac its appalling! my nephew is only 8 years old so in the end he ended up riding along the path as it was safer than trying to dodge the pot holes.

I know we have had alot bad weather but the road was never in the best condition its only a matter of time before theres a serious accident.Our road seem to be in a right state and need money spent on them i would advise cyclist to avoid pyle hill and use newtown rd its much safer and the road is in better condition.

Have you reported it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
graham
post Feb 8 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Yes sent an e-mail to Richard Benyon so it will be interesting to see what his response will be.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Feb 8 2010, 04:15 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (graham @ Feb 8 2010, 02:43 PM) *
Yes sent an e-mail to Richard Benyon so it will be interesting to see what his response will be.

You shoulda gone to the council first I think.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Feb 8 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Whilst I think the council really should be doing a lot more to sort our roads out and bring them upto a better standard, however, isn't a bit irresponsible to take an 8 year old on a bike down a very steep, very narrow busy road?

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Feb 8 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (graham @ Feb 8 2010, 02:43 PM) *
Jeesh.......... rolleyes.gif
Why not go to the top and write to Gordon Brown..... rolleyes.gif

What do you think Benyon is going to do?

When you come across a problem with the road, report it to the department that's responsible for it's upkeep. Then you can get an answer which may actually TELL you something..... They may not be aware of it so will get it inspected/They have it programmed for resurfacing on <date>/It's been inspected and does not meet the criteria for intervention/The Council's run out of money for road repairs for the next five years and instead is going to be opting to return all roads in West Berkshire to traditional rutted country tracks.

+Quote Post
graham
post Feb 9 2010, 08:45 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Feb 8 2010, 05:48 PM) *
Whilst I think the council really should be doing a lot more to sort our roads out and bring them upto a better standard, however, isn't a bit irresponsible to take an 8 year old on a bike down a very steep, very narrow busy road?

You know what its like with kids riding there bikes all over the pavements, if it wasnt for the fact the he wanted to go to the park we wouldnt have come back that way.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:48 PM