IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Noise from Ice Cream van's, Nuisance or a blessing?
Ice Cream van noise
Should we continue to restrict the noise of Ice Cream vans?
Any volume is OK with me, bring it on. [ 3 ] ** [14.29%]
Noisy Nuisance, let's silence them all. [ 2 ] ** [9.52%]
It's OK as it is thanks. [ 16 ] ** [76.19%]
Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 
Nothing Much
post Mar 25 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,171

OY xjay, I am slightly under 62. I don't work and I am still looking for brass knockers or better.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 25 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #82

Guests

ha ha laugh.gif
I quite like some good knockers myself. A very satisfying feeling in your hand. Butons don't tend to do it for me.
I would love to go from being 38 to being 60 and thus avoid the entirely miserable life-phase so many seem to experience.
Although I may regret that to wake up one morning and find my bald patch has gotten even worse. I guess that's damage from being stabbed in the head as a child. A sad accident, no major damage to anything other than my follicle
QUOTE (Vodabury @ Mar 25 2012, 08:11 PM) *
Well, I heard a couple of bikes today accelerating hard,

Well it was a lovely day.
What is next in this country, it's anti social to smoke, anti social to ride a loud motorcycle, anti social to eat a cake in public, anti social to have a modified car, anti social to walk through town laughing with your friends, anti social to skateboard, anti social to have a bbq on a summers day..

Basically it's anti-social in societies eyes to have any sort of personality at all...

I can understand it may irritate you but it's not really anti-social...it's not graffiti'd on your garage wall, or urinated on your daffodils. Irritating and anti-social are two different things.. like the pensioner with her air powered pig bladder music. annoying yes, anti social, well no it's not.

I think some allowances have to be made..otherwise we'd all be sat around, in silence; which I feel is what some miserable folk would actually like.

For them I suggest something known as a life.
Soon this country will become Chinese and we won't have any sort of free will at all.. white men in suits will patrol the streets kicking anyone with a personality.

+Quote Post
Vodabury
post Mar 25 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,124

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Mar 25 2012, 10:07 PM) *
ha ha laugh.gif
I quite like some good knockers myself. A very satisfying feeling in your hand. Butons don't tend to do it for me.
I would love to go from being 38 to being 60 and thus avoid the entirely miserable life-phase so many seem to experience.
Although I may regret that to wake up one morning and find my bald patch has gotten even worse. I guess that's damage from being stabbed in the head as a child. A sad accident, no major damage to anything other than my follicle

What is next in this country, it's anti social to smoke, anti social to ride a loud motorcycle, anti social to eat a cake in public, anti social to have a modified car, anti social to walk through town laughing with your friends, anti social to skateboard, anti social to have a bbq on a summers day..

Basically it's anti-social in societies eyes to have any sort of personality at all...

I can understand it may irritate you but it's not really anti-social...it's not graffiti'd on your garage wall, or urinated on your daffodils. Irritating and anti-social are two different things.. like the pensioner with her air powered pig bladder music. annoying yes, anti social, well no it's not.

I think some allowances have to be made..otherwise we'd all be sat around, in silence; which I feel is what some miserable folk would actually like.

Soon this country will become Chinese and we won't have any sort of free will at all.. white men in suits will patrol the streets kicking anyone with a personality.

Yeah, absolutely, so can I play my bagpipes? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 25 2012, 09:28 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Mar 25 2012, 10:07 PM) *
ha ha laugh.gif

So long as it is an activity you like ... it will be OK.

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 25 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #85

Guests

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 25 2012, 10:28 PM) *
So long as it is an activity you like ... it will be OK.

Didn't say that, did I? But yes that view on life would work as well.
Just that some people are so caught up in being miserable scrotes who have no joy in life that the moment someone else finds something they enjoy, their single aim in life is to moan about it.

And yes Vodabury do what you like. At 4pm in the afternoon it's not anti social, is it? 11pm on a Sunday night though... well, perhaps not.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 25 2012, 09:50 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Mar 25 2012, 10:34 PM) *
Didn't say that, did I?

You say it all the time. You say nothing else.

Just that some people are so caught up in being miserable scrotes who have no joy in life that the moment someone else finds something they enjoy, their single aim in life is to moan about it.

And yes Vodabury do what you like. At 4pm in the afternoon it's not anti social, is it? 11pm on a Sunday night though... well, perhaps not.

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 25 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #87

Guests

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 25 2012, 10:50 PM) *
You say it all the time. You say nothing else.

But I didn't say that it should only be something I enjoy.
Having a very loud motorcycle sat outside your house revving its nuts off for 30+ minutes can get annoying. Maybe that is anti social. If they are working on the bike then maybe that's a bit different but you get my point. 10 seconds of hearing a bike ride past is nothing more than, at worst, a minor annoyance. Doesn't affect your life, doesn't ruin your conversation unless you stop to go "tut listen to that bike"..infact unless YOU let it, it's something which has almost no affect on anything.

I said that there are some people (which there are) whose lifes are so empty and pointless all they do is whinge. The kind of person to moan about someone cutting their lawn on, ohhh, I don't know, a sunny Saturday afternoon. The kind of person to moan at people having a BBQ while they're sat there pruning their petunia.
Basically someone who looks like his

or this

Cheer up.

And yes since there are regulations on noise between 6am and 11pm, playing music loudly in your garden, especially on a worknight, at 11pm or later, would be antisocial.

And frankly if you are annoyed enough about that to post online then you have a very sad, empty life indeed. I mean come on this whole thread progressed this far because someone found an ice-cream jingle annoying. What is a synonym for happy families, smiling faces, summers days...that is an annoyance to someone?????

In fact the only reason I moaned about the OAP with their stupid music was because I was at home when all my friends had abandoned me, even my invisible friend Bob.
If I wasn't so miserable I wouldn't have moaned. If my friends were with me I would have probably started dancing along to it saying achnie aye the noo.
So what exactly is your point?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 26 2012, 12:38 AM
Post #88

Advanced Member

I'm sorry XJ, you're too easy ... tongue.gif

Like I've said before: I'm not young enough to know everything!* wink.gif

*J. M. Barrie

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 26 2012, 09:58 AM
Post #89

Guests

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Mar 26 2012, 01:38 AM) *
I'm sorry XJ, you're too easy ... tongue.gif

Like I've said before: I'm not young enough to know everything!* wink.gif

*J. M. Barrie

The friendly man with a beard would agree with you

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Mar 26 2012, 11:12 AM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

He ain't no Peter Pan.
ce

+Quote Post
Jo Pepper
post Mar 26 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,652

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Mar 26 2012, 09:58 AM) *
The friendly man with a beard would agree with you

What about grumpy women?

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 26 2012, 06:53 PM
Post #92

Guests

QUOTE (Jo Pepper @ Mar 26 2012, 01:07 PM) *
What about grumpy women?

With beards too?

laugh.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 11:54 PM