Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Vodafone Customer Service - NOT
JeffG
post Jul 2 2009, 03:45 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 56

I have been a loyal Vodafone user for many years but I am tearing my hair out trying to get some sense out of Customer Services. I am seriously thinking of changing network.

On my last bill (I have a pay monthly account) they suggested I change from paper to online billing, oh, and if I don't they will be happy to charge me £1.50 extra a month to continue with the paper statements. So I tried to register, but there are problems with the online system. The first time it told me there was already an account for my phone number (I must have set one up ages ago), so I asked for an account reminder by entering my mobile phone number and got a code texted to my phone, which I entered. I got as far as entering my email address which was rejected as invalid (it wasn't).

I called 191 and got a nice lady in Swansea who tried everything I had but got the same problem with the email address, so she logged a problem.
I called 191 a couple of days later when it still wasn't working (it wouldn't even accept my mobile phone number this time), and got a nice lady in Egypt. She also tried everything and logged another problem report.

Next step was to email customer support via the web site to ask what was happening. Reply said they were having technical problems with online registration (well I already knew that, but nice to get confirmation).

Today it was still broken, so I tried to send another email and now even that doesn't work.

You would think they would at least post something on the web site to say they were having problems and when they were likely to be resolved. They had better not try and charge me the extra £1.50, that's all.

Has anyone else tried this and had similar problems?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 2 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

I used to be with vodaphone but changed and my daughter took out a package with them and then quickly cancelled. I have never spoken to anybody who says a good word about them. Their service is poor and they are expensive. However, I have no doubt that somebody will disagree. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Jul 2 2009, 05:04 PM
Post #3

Guests

GMR wrote "However, I have no doubt that somebody will disagree. laugh.gif"

That can happen on forums.

Anyway to the point in hand.

Like all automated systems they are great when they work but when systems fail it really is a pain. Hope you get sorted soon JeffG.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 2 2009, 05:48 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

I haven't used them for years, I was given a business phone once which was with them and they were rubbish, and expensive. I had one a while before then and felt the same. I use T-mobile now and find them to be great, Orange keep winning industry awards as well, but I don't know which ones.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 2 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

This is an area where where there should be legislation.

Companies like rubbish Vodafone support should be forced to not hide behind these online and or foreign support desks. It is one of modern life's biggest stress points. People should be able to have a simple mechanism where by they can easily withdraw from a contract where the service provider cannot suitably fix a problem in a sensible time scale - and I'm talking no more than a few days. The thing is these days, withdraw from paying and you get black listed so you are forced to tuff it out.

When companies took customer support abroad and practically withdrew from the high street, they revelled in the luxury of the how cheap it was but didn't maintain the customer support standards.

I try my best to avoid contracts, I couldn't take the stress.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jul 2 2009, 06:04 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Interesting replies. I would have thought more people would have been with Vodafone, since they are the "local" company, and many of us have family working for them.

Still, they would have to go a long way to beat BT in the poor customer service stakes (ever got into the infinite phone menu loop?).

I think I will definitely investigate alternatives...

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 2 2009, 06:10 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

I have Vodafone, buy only as PAYG. Many people I know say how crap they are for after sales service. Easy enough to get a phone, hard when things get sticky.

They seem to be the best for coverage, which is the main reason people I know prefer them, but other companies have better after sales service.

Many people I know are changing for the iPhone now anyway.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jul 2 2009, 06:13 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 2 2009, 07:10 PM) *
Many people I know are changing for the iPhone now anyway.

Does that not work on all networks, then?

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jul 2 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 2 2009, 06:57 PM) *
Companies like rubbish Vodafone support should be forced to not hide behind these online and or foreign support desks.

All calls to Vodafone UK customer service route to centres in the UK and none overseas.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 2 2009, 06:19 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Jul 2 2009, 07:13 PM) *
Does that not work on all networks, then?

It's hackable, but you can't get one with a Vodafone contract. I think it is an O2 phone. Vodafone promote the Google equivalent called Android, which is nearly as good apparently.

QUOTE (Darren @ Jul 2 2009, 07:16 PM) *
All calls to Vodafone UK customer service route to centres in the UK and none overseas.

I don't know, but not according to JeffG.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 2 2009, 06:54 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Jul 2 2009, 06:04 PM) *
GMR wrote "However, I have no doubt that somebody will disagree. laugh.gif"

That can happen on forums.

Anyway to the point in hand.

Like all automated systems they are great when they work but when systems fail it really is a pain. Hope you get sorted soon JeffG.

Yes, but I wasn't making a complaint if people did; I just said "I have no doubt that somebody will disagree." In other words there probably is a lot of happy customers out there, otherwise they'd have no business.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Jul 2 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 2 2009, 07:54 PM) *
...there probably is a lot of happy customers out there, otherwise they'd have no business.

There are undoubtedly a lot of happy customers, but I know many who stick with them simply because of, a) corporate policy of where people work or, b) because Vodafone seemingly have the best coverage. If all networks had Vodafones's coverage I know many that would like to change.

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Jul 2 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (JeffG @ Jul 2 2009, 07:04 PM) *
Still, they would have to go a long way to beat BT in the poor customer service stakes (ever got into the infinite phone menu loop?).

Most certainly have, Jeff. Twice in as many months, as it happens. I could weep as am olde enough to remember when, if you had a problem, you dialled 100 and spoke directly to a helpful operator who could sort many things for you. Done away now with to maximise profits and reduce costs. Also, and this really hurts as well, remember the days of dialling 192 for directory enquiries (free)? Why oh why did people just stand by and let this be taken away from us? Sure someone will try and blame the EU but possibly a by product of Johnny Brit wanting to buy cheap shares in our national assets when they were flogged off.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jul 2 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Darren @ Jul 2 2009, 07:16 PM) *

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 2 2009, 07:19 PM) *
I don't know, but not according to JeffG.

Well, all I can say is that during my second call to 191, the lady sounded 'foreign'. I happened to mention the weather and said something like "I'll bet it's hotter where you are though", and she said she was in Egypt. If Darren knows for sure, then I must have misheard what she said. (I suppose she might have said "you're an eejit", though that's probably against company policy biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 2 2009, 08:31 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Interesting replies. I would have thought more people would have been with Vodafone, since they are the "local" company, and many of us have family working for them.

Are we in London? I don't think there are that many locals working for them now is there?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 2 2009, 09:05 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

My first Mobile was with Vodafone and at the time I found them very expensive. My kids were also vodafone at first but moved because they could get better deals elsewhere.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jul 3 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 2 2009, 09:31 PM) *
Are we in London? I don't think there are that many locals working for them now is there?

Forgive me, but that's a pretty ill-informed comment. Yes, they are apparently moving a small part of their operation to London, but I didn't see any To Let signs outside that big building up the road.

+Quote Post
Mat_Vodafone
post Jul 3 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 174

Hi JeffG,

My name is Mat and I work for the Vodafone Web Relations Team - it's my job to find customers such as yourself on the internet and see if there's anything I can do to help!

It's disapointing to hear that you've not received the assistance needed to get your online billing up and running when you first asked, however if you could pop an email over to me at webrelations@vodafone.com with your mobile number then I'll give you a call to sort this out for you.

Apologies for any hassle this has caused and I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Mat Clarke

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jul 3 2009, 11:06 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Iommi @ Jul 2 2009, 06:57 PM) *
This is an area where where there should be legislation.

Companies like rubbish Vodafone support should be forced to not hide behind these online and or foreign support desks. It is one of modern life's biggest stress points. People should be able to have a simple mechanism where by they can easily withdraw from a contract where the service provider cannot suitably fix a problem in a sensible time scale - and I'm talking no more than a few days. The thing is these days, withdraw from paying and you get black listed so you are forced to tuff it out.

When companies took customer support abroad and practically withdrew from the high street, they revelled in the luxury of the how cheap it was but didn't maintain the customer support standards.

I try my best to avoid contracts, I couldn't take the stress.

withdraw from a contract??!! maybe you should read what you are signing up to first.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Jul 3 2009, 11:09 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

I think I will definitely investigate alternatives...

I don't work for Voafone, but have been with them since year one when they were Racal Vodaphone. CS is no better, or worse then any other mobile provider.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:51 PM