> Tesco Trolleys
scott
post Jun 30 2009, 09:13 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 151

OK, I am on one today...

Is it just me or are tesco customers mostly idiots? the amount of trolleys that are just dumped anywhere (usually pavements or parking spaces) on the increase? I use the parent and child parking bays and usually have to walk through the actual carpark rather than use the pavements as its always blocked with abandonded trolleys.

Tesco need to take some responsibility here, i for one would be more than happy to use a £1 to secure a trolley. This would ensure that the customers would return them.

In my opinion aswell, i think mothers are the worst offenders. they take their little prince/princess out of the car, go to the trolley park and collect a trolley either by walking or carrying their child, do their shop, load the car and leave the trolley. are the unable to walk/carry their child back from the trolley oark on returning it? I for one am fed up of being forced to walk through the car park dodging cars as the pavements are too littered with empty trolleys. And the last thing is, i am now getting extremely annoyed with the number of "dings" appearing in my new car.

Don't get me started about people parking in the parent/child spots or disabled when they shouldnt either!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jun 30 2009, 09:16 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (scott @ Jun 30 2009, 10:13 AM) *
Tesco need to take some responsibility here, i for one would be more than happy to use a £1 to secure a trolley. This would ensure that the customers would return them.

Agreed. You don't get this problem at Sainsbury's.

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jun 30 2009, 09:31 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (scott @ Jun 30 2009, 10:13 AM) *
Is it just me or are tesco customers mostly idiots?

Surely you know the answer to that question when you walk round the store. I avoid the place like the plague now because of the type of person it attracts.

+Quote Post
scott
post Jun 30 2009, 09:34 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Jun 30 2009, 10:31 AM) *
Surely you know the answer to that question when you walk round the store. I avoid the place like the plague now because of the type of person it attracts.

I know, but i live within walking distance and i am a lazy lazy man, so wont change.

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jun 30 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (scott @ Jun 30 2009, 10:34 AM) *
I know, but i live within walking distance and i am a lazy lazy man, so wont change.

And you drive laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jun 30 2009, 09:39 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

How true this opinion is becoming. I was in there last evening and there were blokes in there walking around with no shirts on. The staff seemed to think it is Ok for some sweaty oaf to be wandering around offending the more respectful of us.
I am seriously thinking of giving Tesco the breaze and shopping elswhere

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

I run a local blog/ newsletter for our local community association and I highlighted this problem years ago. I even contacted the companies concerned and they said they would deal with it; as i said this was a few years ago and nothing has changed. Around where I live they are coined trolleys and people take them home, rip the coins out and dump the trolleys and nobody does anything about it.

+Quote Post
Darren
post Jun 30 2009, 09:42 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Jun 30 2009, 10:39 AM) *
How true this opinion is becoming. I was in there last evening and there were blokes in there walking around with no shirts on. The staff seemed to think it is Ok for some sweaty oaf to be wandering around offending the more respectful of us.
I am seriously thinking of giving Tesco the breaze and shopping elswhere

What ever happened to the signs you used to see "No shirt. No shoes. No service!!"

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Jun 30 2009, 09:47 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (Darren @ Jun 30 2009, 10:42 AM) *
What ever happened to the signs you used to see "No shirt. No shoes. No service!!"

Exactly. This demonstrates that standards will drop to the lowest level unless checked.
I think that people are becoming scared to confront these people because they know that they will get no support from others around them and the law won't punish them when (not if now) they get assaulted.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
scott
post Jun 30 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Jun 30 2009, 10:36 AM) *
And you drive laugh.gif

Could you walk 1/4 mile with at least a weeks shopping with two under 2's?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 09:55 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Or.... remember what Groucho Marx's said; (paraphrasing) I would never go to a shopping store that would have somebody like me as a customer". That is why I don't go. laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 30 2009, 09:58 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44

I shop at Tesco (amongst the others) and find it filled with chavs now. I go early mornings on a Saturday so i miss them.

I will admit im an offender to one of your points! I leave my trolley on the walkway after unlaoding my shopping and putting my son in the car. TBH i cant be bothered to walk back to the trolley park car - so yes my little man is my prince and i am lazy tongue.gif Also I am helping other mothers who park up and dont have to carry there little one down to the trolley park. Its ready and waiting when they park up wink.gif

My advice is dont shop there, drive your car down to Sainsburys, or complain to Tesco.

+Quote Post
scott
post Jun 30 2009, 10:06 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 30 2009, 10:58 AM) *
I will admit im an offender to one of your points! I leave my trolley on the walkway after unlaoding my shopping and putting my son in the car. TBH i cant be bothered to walk back to the trolley park car - so yes my little man is my prince and i am lazy tongue.gif Also I am helping other mothers who park up and dont have to carry there little one down to the trolley park. Its ready and waiting when they park up wink.gif

My advice is dont shop there, drive your car down to Sainsburys, or complain to Tesco.

I have complained countless times, they are not interested in 1 person complaining. once a certain subject hits a threshold of complaints, they start to take notice.

Amie, i am dissapointed in you.... You are not helping other "mothers" (dads do the shopping too ;-) ) you are creating a pain in the preverbial!! take your trolley back to where you got it from!! And before you say "it was right in front of my car" it shouldn't have been there in the first place!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
AmieB
post Jun 30 2009, 10:12 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (scott @ Jun 30 2009, 11:06 AM) *
I have complained countless times, they are not interested in 1 person complaining. once a certain subject hits a threshold of complaints, they start to take notice.

Amie, i am dissapointed in you.... You are not helping other "mothers" (dads do the shopping too ;-) ) you are creating a pain in the preverbial!! take your trolley back to where you got it from!! And before you say "it was right in front of my car" it shouldn't have been there in the first place!!!!!!!

You said mothers were the worst offenders, that why i only mentioned mums. I know dads shop too, i see plenty of nice ones up there wink.gif

I know its wrong but i cant help it, after shopping i just want to get home and if im right at the end of the mother and baby its just too much of a long walk back!!
Its only Tescos i do it at!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jun 30 2009, 10:21 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

AimeeB, I find it odd that you complain about anti-social behaviour in one thread, and then admitting to it yourself because you can't be bothered to return YOUR OWN trolley! This is one of my pet hates, and don't see why spaces should be allocated for people with kids when they just obstruct everyone else. I will write in and complain, but I have also pointed this out to people doing it.

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jun 30 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (scott @ Jun 30 2009, 10:49 AM) *
Could you walk 1/4 mile with at least a weeks shopping with two under 2's?

Well you could take the trolley home.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jun 30 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Jun 30 2009, 11:24 AM) *
Well you could take the trolley home.

Most do, and leave it there. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jun 30 2009, 10:26 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Don't they employ people to collect the trolleys up? that is my view and I am with AmieB on this one, if I take it back I feel as though I depriving a spotty teenager of a weekend job wink.gif

+Quote Post
scott
post Jun 30 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (AmieB @ Jun 30 2009, 11:12 AM) *
I know dads shop too, i see plenty of nice ones up there wink.gif

Oh stop it! ;-)

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Jun 30 2009, 10:36 AM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (scott @ Jun 30 2009, 11:32 AM) *
Oh stop it! ;-)

I think you'll find she was talking about me tongue.gif

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:43 AM