IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Apologise? Apologise for what exactly?
newres
post Aug 9 2018, 08:18 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 9 2018, 07:44 PM) *
Of course I don't hate the person, I feel it's offensive and actually very rude for people to deliberately keep their faces covered in public and in particular when transacting with others. It's not something our society had ever condoned.

Taking your twisted example. In the UK people do not hold the physical national flag as any more than material. Try doing that in the States, where by your reconing Americans must hate people who burn or deface their flag.

What are you wittering on about?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 9 2018, 08:55 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 9 2018, 05:39 PM) *
Well I’d be staggered if a member of the government referred to a nun as a penguin. It makes me laugh at how people like you moan about our culture being ruined by immigrants yet you don’t see that for a person of high office to insult members of our population is totally alien to our culture.

If a person is dressed head to toe in black, and does not speak English I do wonder if they count as "our population". Sure they may hold a British passport, but that doesn't make them "British". When I go to Saudi I dress accordingly. I wouldnt dream of wearing budgie smugglers on the beach. If I go to Ibiza I may wear them and go swimming. Its not difficult to assimilate into a population. They choose not to. Thats the nub of the issue. You just cant see it for your "everthing is racist" mentality.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 9 2018, 09:02 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 9 2018, 09:18 PM) *
What are you wittering on about?

A response which indicates your points are as bogus as the 'offence' Boris Johnson is supposed to have caused.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Aug 9 2018, 10:49 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

He makes a lot of valid points, again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf8uYue1vtk

tongue.gif

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 10 2018, 12:37 AM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 9 2018, 09:55 PM) *
If a person is dressed head to toe in black, and does not speak English I do wonder if they count as "our population". Sure they may hold a British passport, but that doesn't make them "British". When I go to Saudi I dress accordingly. I wouldnt dream of wearing budgie smugglers on the beach. If I go to Ibiza I may wear them and go swimming. Its not difficult to assimilate into a population. They choose not to. Thats the nub of the issue. You just cant see it for your "everthing is racist" mentality.

Should we therefore mock and ban the curls of Hasidic Jews? Ban turbans?

It seems to me that the only legitimate argument is a security one. Things like airports, banks and so on. Talk of assimilation is just prejudice. As I said, given a choice between looking at someone walking around with their undercrackers on display or a woman in a bureau, I’d be less “offended” by the burqua.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 10 2018, 02:57 AM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

I have to remove my crash helmet when I get fuel at a petrol station! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 10 2018, 06:13 AM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 10 2018, 03:57 AM) *
I have to remove my crash helmet when I get fuel at a petrol station! tongue.gif

Here is newres....

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 10 2018, 06:43 AM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 10 2018, 01:37 AM) *
Should we therefore mock and ban the curls of Hasidic Jews? Ban turbans?

It seems to me that the only legitimate argument is a security one. Things like airports, banks and so on. Talk of assimilation is just prejudice. As I said, given a choice between looking at someone walking around with their undercrackers on display or a woman in a bureau, I’d be less “offended” by the burqua.

Yes security is a legitimate argument, even if its the only one, but its legitimate still the same. Your example of someone walking around indecently dressed is dealt with by the Sexual Offences Act 2003 along with a body of other case law.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 10 2018, 08:35 AM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Thing is though, if you ban face coverings you will have to remove your motorcycle helmet to do all sorts of things. How about a scarf over your mouth when it's cold? Same deal. And that's why we can't ban face coverings. But we can make it unacceptable through persuasion and reasoned debates and discussions. Or just ban religion.

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 10 2018, 11:31 AM
Post #50

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 10 2018, 07:43 AM) *
Yes security is a legitimate argument, even if its the only one, but its legitimate still the same. Your example of someone walking around indecently dressed is dealt with by the Sexual Offences Act 2003 along with a body of other case law.

But only at an airport or a bank.

Not sure underwear on display would come under that, but I genuinely find it very distasteful.

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 10 2018, 11:32 AM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 10 2018, 09:35 AM) *
Thing is though, if you ban face coverings you will have to remove your motorcycle helmet to do all sorts of things. How about a scarf over your mouth when it's cold? Same deal. And that's why we can't ban face coverings. But we can make it unacceptable through persuasion and reasoned debates and discussions. Or just ban religion.

And how would the IRA manage funerals?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 10 2018, 06:59 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 10 2018, 12:32 PM) *
And how would the IRA manage funerals?

The last time I checked the IRA were an illegal terrorist organisation so Im not sure what the **** that has to do with Burkas?

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Aug 10 2018, 10:56 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 10 2018, 09:35 AM) *

Except it has nothing to do with religion rather it has to do with men holding medieval attitudes towards women.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 11 2018, 06:14 AM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Aug 10 2018, 11:56 PM) *
Except it has nothing to do with religion rather it has to do with men holding medieval attitudes towards women.

Muslims who wear it disagree. I reckon they know more than you.

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 11 2018, 06:16 AM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 10 2018, 07:59 PM) *
The last time I checked the IRA were an illegal terrorist organisation so Im not sure what the **** that has to do with Burkas?

Balaclavas aren’t though.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 11 2018, 10:50 AM
Post #56

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Aug 10 2018, 11:56 PM) *

And there by lies the crux of the matter. Instead of disappearing up there own backsides in an effort to embrace multiculturalism the lefty lovies should be outraged that women in this country are being indoctrinated from an early age to adopt practices that are abhorrent to a civilised society. This is not simply about the questionable dress sense but the whole doctrine that requires females to be chattels of the male.
Little doubt someone will wheel out a quote by an islamic female saying it is her choice, but I would put my pension on her childhood not being as enjoyable as most children's should be.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 11 2018, 06:20 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 11 2018, 11:50 AM) *
And there by lies the crux of the matter. Instead of disappearing up there own backsides in an effort to embrace multiculturalism the lefty lovies should be outraged that women in this country are being indoctrinated from an early age to adopt practices that are abhorrent to a civilised society. This is not simply about the questionable dress sense but the whole doctrine that requires females to be chattels of the male.
Little doubt someone will wheel out a quote by an islamic female saying it is her choice, but I would put my pension on her childhood not being as enjoyable as most children's should be.

However my understanding is that in this country Muslim women choose to wear it. I appreciate that isn’t the case everywhere and I would be against anyone being forced to wear it. Have you evidence that this is the norm here?

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 11 2018, 07:19 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 11 2018, 07:20 PM) *
However my understanding is that in this country Muslim women choose to wear it. I appreciate that isn’t the case everywhere and I would be against anyone being forced to wear it. Have you evidence that this is the norm here?

I think the evidence lies in the fact that those who wear the full burka are rarely seen in anything else. Now we all know that women would change their wardrobe daily if they could and to be seen in the same attire two days running almost a sin, yet there is a section of women that choose to wear a drab clothing irrespective of weather, work, or leisure because of their male counterparts insistence.
When I meet one of these ladies just once walking down the street in a polka dot mini dress I will accept they have free will but we all know that is not going to happen.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 11 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 11 2018, 08:19 PM) *
I think the evidence lies in the fact that those who wear the full burka are rarely seen in anything else. Now we all know that women would change their wardrobe daily if they could and to be seen in the same attire two days running almost a sin, yet there is a section of women that choose to wear a drab clothing irrespective of weather, work, or leisure because of their male counterparts insistence.
When I meet one of these ladies just once walking down the street in a polka dot mini dress I will accept they have free will but we all know that is not going to happen.

Stop making sense. Newres will hate it and resort to calling you a racist. I work with an ex Muslim girl who renounced her faith (saw the light you may say). She still has contact with her mother but her brothers and father have not spoken to her once since that day. She actually embraces the fact they don't and realises it is a medieval practice. Shes just lucky that nothing has "happened" to her. But you go Newres.. Embrace the devil.

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 11 2018, 07:33 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 11 2018, 08:19 PM) *

I’ll take that as a no then.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:41 PM