> Sad News; gave me plenty of laughs
GMR
post Jul 21 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (user23 @ Jul 21 2013, 07:53 PM) *
This section is for Newbury News. "Much loved comedian, who's programme was on TV across the country (including Newbury) dies" isn't really Newbury News.

Oh, I think it is Newbury News; didn't the news come into Newbury? Newburians are not as thick as you wish them to be; a lot of them - not all granted - can think outside the Newbury box. Besides; I think you are being pedantic. Who gives a toss? It isn't going to be the end of the world. I am sure that if there were others like you then the best bet is ignore it. What you are doing is adding to it and keeping this "non-Newbury section" alive. So thanks to you it has created interest; from Newbury people, no less.

This probably explains why your own Newbury forum didn't do so well. I can imagine you might have had news threads like "Galactic Empire defeated by Rebel Alliance on Newbury televisions"?

It wasn't my Newbury forum; I was co admin on there. Secondly I didn't close it down and no we didn't have "Galactic Empire news"; but if we knew you were going to join we would have had a special section just for you. Probably called "Pedantic Galactic Empire Newbury forum members who work at WBC."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jul 21 2013, 08:15 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (user23 @ Jul 21 2013, 07:53 PM) *
This section is for Newbury News. "Much loved comedian, who's programme was on TV across the country (including Newbury) dies" isn't really Newbury News.

This probably explains why your own Newbury forum didn't do so well. I can imagine you might have had news threads like "Galactic Empire defeated by Rebel Alliance on Newbury televisions"?

At least your forum is impeccable and don't have to put-up with so much subterfuge. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 21 2013, 08:20 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jul 21 2013, 09:15 PM) *
At least your forum is impeccable and don't have to put-up with so much subterfuge. rolleyes.gif

Has User 23 got a forum? What is it, the WBC forum? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Jul 21 2013, 09:18 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

It's ridiculous that this was deemed "Newbury News", but it is not the end of the world. What is worse is people trying to justify that it is in this section by virtue of the fact that someone might have watched some show with some guy in it, so e time in Newbury.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jul 21 2013, 11:15 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 21 2013, 10:18 PM) *
It's ridiculous that this was deemed "Newbury News", but it is not the end of the world. What is worse is people trying to justify that it is in this section by virtue of the fact that someone might have watched some show with some guy in it, so e time in Newbury.

Is it not possible that it was a simple mistake, or that it didn't occur to the poster that it would actually matter? FFS rolleyes.gif Well other than to 'people' like user22.99784623453 recurring! rolleyes.gif

In other words, so furkin what!!!! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 22 2013, 09:35 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

In the news reports part of this site NWN are reporting that a Bucklebury couple are expecting a grandchild and their daughter (who no longer lives in the area) has just been taken to hospital because she is in labour, Why haven't they reported the imminent arrival of children born to couples who do live in the area? This is supposed to be a local paper....for local people!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Jul 22 2013, 12:28 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

It's too hot to make the right choice. This could well fall into the Thatcham Bridge thread and bypass (diversion.)
Or even Simon Kirby's HRA thread. Free speech and protest for all unwashed scroungers!.

Newbury net has been hosting an interesting piece about protesters and their feelings about the stance taken by
their comrades. Some film makers wanted to do an agit-prop bit about the protest from a protestors viewpoint.
I didn't get involved,others did it far better.

A nicely written post by MoonPhoenix today, who surely would make a welcome addition to a newt gathering.
ce. Sorry about Grandmothers and eggs.

+Quote Post
Weavers Walk
post Jul 22 2013, 12:29 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,234

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 21 2013, 06:34 PM) *
This section is for Newbury; that includes watching a TV in Newbury and discussing things in Newbury. His death then is part of Newbury.

Say what? A forum entitled "NEWBURY news" is for discussing things we may or may not have seen on T.V. at some time or events that may have happened anywhere else on the planet? Get a grip.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Jul 22 2013, 01:32 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ Jul 22 2013, 01:29 PM) *
Get a grip.

To quote from Lewis Carroll:

He only does it to annoy
Because he knows it teases.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 22 2013, 04:38 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Jul 21 2013, 10:18 PM) *

Aren't you taking forum life a bit too seriously? By your first comments - of the above paragraph - I think that is exactly what it is for some; the end of the world. Maybe we could find out where the instigator of this thread lives, take him outside and give him a good thrashing. That will show him that we shouldn't mock or step over the imaginary line of obsessional forum control. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 22 2013, 04:39 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jul 22 2013, 12:15 AM) *
Is it not possible that it was a simple mistake, or that it didn't occur to the poster that it would actually matter? FFS rolleyes.gif Well other than to 'people' like user22.99784623453 recurring! rolleyes.gif

In other words, so furkin what!!!! rolleyes.gif

Maybe the main poster of this thread had a life and wasn't bothered; unlike some on here, where it is more than life itself laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 22 2013, 04:42 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ Jul 22 2013, 01:29 PM) *
Say what? A forum entitled "NEWBURY news" is for discussing things we may or may not have seen on T.V. at some time or events that may have happened anywhere else on the planet? Get a grip.

I'll get a grip, but you must get a life if it is that important to you. Jesus! There is certainly some sad people on here. Their life revolves around this forum. Does it matter in the great scheme of things or will it tip you over the edge because somebody posted where it offended you and a few escaped others. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 22 2013, 04:45 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Jul 22 2013, 02:32 PM) *
To quote from Lewis Carroll:

He only does it to annoy
Because he knows it teases.

No, I actually have a life, unlike some who seem to be losing sleep over it.

To quote Lewis Carroll:

But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh,you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'

+Quote Post
Weavers Walk
post Jul 22 2013, 08:11 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,234

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 22 2013, 05:42 PM) *
I'll get a grip, but you must get a life if it is that important to you. Jesus! There is certainly some sad people on here. Their life revolves around this forum. Does it matter in the great scheme of things or will it tip you over the edge because somebody posted where it offended you and a few escaped others.

No, not at all, silly billy. It was YOU who first came on here pontificating and shouting the odds about things on TV or being discussed in Pubs locally are automatically Newbury News.

Now, I'm sure you've had time to calm down and reflect. Hence you're now trying to deflect. Your statement was daft. Don't take the Lord's name in vain, and yes, there are a few sad people on here. Some so sad they get removed from other forums and end up having to run their own. Napoleon Complex or something isn't it?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 23 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Weavers Walk @ Jul 22 2013, 09:11 PM) *
No, not at all, silly billy. It was YOU who first came on here pontificating and shouting the odds about things on TV or being discussed in Pubs locally are automatically Newbury News.

I said many things when I came on here; like everybody else did/ has. But I didn't know that was against the rules. Forums are made up of different people, different interests and ways. Who is saying one way - say yours - is more superior than another's? Are you now a thought forum police officer deciding what is right or wrong?

Now, I'm sure you've had time to calm down and reflect. Hence you're now trying to deflect. Your statement was daft. Don't take the Lord's name in vain, and yes, there are a few sad people on here. Some so sad they get removed from other forums and end up having to run their own. Napoleon Complex or something isn't it?

First of all I am an atheist so taking a non existent person that was created by man's imagination wasn't in vain.

I never was excited, just replying to your silly domineering post so I don't have to calm down. Going by your post it seems it is you that needs to calm down.

My statement wasn't daft because there are no rules to say what you can or can't do in a forum section marked "Newbury". I stand by what I said.

So are you saying that you are suffering from "Napoleon complex" then? I suppose that isn't surprising considering you posts on here.

I have never been removed from any forum so I presume you are talking about yourself. You need to get a grip old chum.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jul 24 2013, 03:32 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

Here's a link.
Now you can all stop squabbling! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 24 2013, 05:10 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jul 24 2013, 04:32 PM) *
Here's a link.

Who is squabbling? I am just enjoying myself. As I am sure Weavers Walk is enjoying himself (even though he is taking this thread outside Newbury's comfort zone boundaries; which he is against. But hypocrisy, eh, it is allowed laugh.gif )

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jul 24 2013, 07:29 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (GMR @ Jul 24 2013, 06:10 PM) *
Who is squabbling? I am just enjoying myself.

You and a few others are!
The thread WAS about Mel Smith but it turned into a squabble.
Now BEHAVE and stop enjoying yourselves!!!! tongue.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Jul 24 2013, 07:40 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jul 24 2013, 08:29 PM) *
You and a few others are!
The thread WAS about Mel Smith but it turned into a squabble.
Now BEHAVE and stop enjoying yourselves!!!! tongue.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif

As you said; this thread was about Mel Smith. And what better way to pay tribute to somebody who was an alternative comedian by having a good laugh and enjoying ourselves. All in the name of Mel Smith. I am sure he would have appreciated it.

So it isn't a case of STOP enjoying yourselves but carry on regardless in the Name and memory of Mel Smith. Rest in peace! laugh.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jul 24 2013, 07:50 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Jul 24 2013, 04:32 PM) *
Here's a link.

laugh.gif
Great find!!

(We ought to have a Community Service thread where anyone delinquent has to post lines 'I must spell correctly' etc 100 times)

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:34 AM