IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chinooks at night!, around and around and around... dubdubdubDUBDUBDUBDUBDUBdubdubdub...
Mugwump00
post Jun 16 2015, 06:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 587

Hello - anyone know the most effective way to lodge a complaint about these bloody nuisances?

One must have spent at least 1/2 hour circling Thatcham at ~02:00 today. Why over such a residential area?

Yeah yeah, I know, defence of our liberties, got to practise somewhere etc., but afaik our nation still has a fair number of more sparsely populated areas (surely?) and such platitudes can't explain this obsession with West Berks skies, when they're not based here - ?

Cheers,

Yawny Mug
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jobet
post Jun 16 2015, 10:08 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 35

Maybe they were looking for someone...........you were safer in your bed!!!!!

+Quote Post
Ruth
post Jun 16 2015, 06:58 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,569

The little buggers were flying over my head. Of course not literally, but close enough and of course they wake everybody up. Maybe they are looking for those pesty ducks hiding under ones bed (that is terrorist ducks on the rampage).

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Jun 16 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Mugwump00 @ Jun 16 2015, 07:16 AM) *
Hello - anyone know the most effective way to lodge a complaint about these bloody nuisances?

One must have spent at least 1/2 hour circling Thatcham at ~02:00 today. Why over such a residential area?

Yeah yeah, I know, defence of our liberties, got to practise somewhere etc., but afaik our nation still has a fair number of more sparsely populated areas (surely?) and such platitudes can't explain this obsession with West Berks skies, when they're not based here - ?

Cheers,

Yawny Mug

The MoD take complaints it seems: https://www.gov.uk/low-flying-in-your-area/complaints

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Jun 16 2015, 10:26 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jun 16 2015, 09:51 PM) *

You can request low flying may temporarily be stopped but the site says

"You can apply to have low flying stopped temporarily in your area, eg if you’re holding an agricultural or horse show.

The Ministry of Defence (MOD) can grant these requests if they don’t significantly disturb the low flying training."

Presumably they want the training should be realistic, so perhaps you should get a surface-to-air missile in your back garden and make it more realistic! tongue.gif

On a more serious note you would have thought they could do it on a Friday or Saturday night when less people would have to get up early for work the next day.

+Quote Post
Mugwump00
post Jun 17 2015, 08:17 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 587

QUOTE (Simon Kirby @ Jun 16 2015, 08:51 PM) *

Thanks, I can but try, it's bound to make a huge difference. Looking at the Race Course schedule and forwards to the RCo Berks Show for a decent kip now.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jun 17 2015, 08:55 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

I can remember back in my youth living in the south of Newbury there were great big B47 and later B52 bombers warming up and taking off from Greenham Common at all hours of the day and night. Used to make the windows rattle when I was lying in bed at 3 in the morning.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 18 2015, 06:36 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

That would have been a great line Biker1! 'Did the Earth move for you darling...?' Three in the morning too!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Jun 18 2015, 08:13 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 18 2015, 07:36 AM) *
That would have been a great line Biker1! 'Did the Earth move for you darling...?' Three in the morning too!

Well it would OTE except I was only 9!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:34 AM