> Paris.
je suis Charlie
post Nov 16 2015, 11:00 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 16 2015, 03:14 AM) *
Without doubt the attackers were religious zealots, but their religion isn't the "cause" of the attacks any more than USA invading Iraq was because Iraq is a Muslim country. It's coincidental. The causes lay in geopolitical matters. It is naive to blame religion.

This is simply tosh!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 16 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

I don't see religion as the cause, but it is the excuse. It seems to me that most atrocities are prosecuted by impressionable young men in their 20s. Perhaps that has something to do with it too.

A big problem is information technology: it is too easy to organise with people of a similar perversion. Another problem is the Schengen Agreement: it makes it easier to transport weapons.

However, even if religion was the cause, it is not as if we can suddenly uninvent it, or just stop people believing all of a sudden. So if religion is for peace, then it is incumbent on them to deal with this issue more effectively.

+Quote Post
newres
post Nov 16 2015, 12:42 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Nov 16 2015, 11:00 AM) *
This is simply tosh!

Ok, so they killed 100 odd people in France just because they are Muslims and don't like Catholics. Nothing to do with the fact that France are bombing them.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Nov 16 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 16 2015, 12:42 PM) *
Ok, so they killed 100 odd people in France just because they are Muslims and don't like Catholics. Nothing to do with the fact that France are bombing them.

Don't drag the papists into your argument... These people were attacked because, unlike the attackers, they were not Sunni Muslim zealots. Nothing to do with the Holy Father and all that mumbo jumbo. They couldn't care less if they gunned down a theatre full of atheists or if the place was jammed full of Shia's....

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 16 2015, 07:30 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

I think if we sft the evidence carefully and look at every aspect I think a viable clue can be found in the name, ISLAMIC state! Gear Dog but some people are slow. You're a dull boy newres, a dull boy. laugh.gif look, I used a smiley!!

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Nov 16 2015, 07:33 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (spartacus @ Nov 16 2015, 06:47 PM) *
Don't drag the papists into your argument... These people were attacked because, unlike the attackers, they were not Sunni Muslim zealots. Nothing to do with the Holy Father and all that mumbo jumbo. They couldn't care less if they gunned down a theatre full of atheists or if the place was jammed full of Shia's....

Unless I have misunderstood newres their comment was tongue-in-cheek - point being it's not about religion, it's about France's role in Syria.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 16 2015, 09:10 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 16 2015, 12:42 PM) *

One difference between these nutters and France is if these chaps had a nuclear weapon they would use it. France do and won't. I despair at the number of people that always look for an excuse for what is just plain cold blooded murder.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 16 2015, 09:40 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

I'm not sure anyone is is trying to excuse murder, but they might be trying to understand what might drive people to commit atrocities.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 16 2015, 09:56 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 16 2015, 09:40 PM) *
I'm not sure anyone is is trying to excuse murder, but they might be trying to understand what might drive people to commit atrocities.

I understand that. As an aside I'd be quite happy to let them get on with it. Not sure the human rights brigade would be happy though with the child brides, women being 2nd class citizens, public executions, throwing the disabled and homosexuals off tall buildings etc etc. You can't have it both way's and you cannot educate a cult.

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Nov 16 2015, 09:59 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,072

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Nov 16 2015, 09:56 PM) *
I understand that. As an aside I'd be quite happy to let them get on with it. Not sure the human rights brigade would be happy though with the child brides, women being 2nd class citizens, public executions, throwing the disabled and homosexuals off tall buildings etc etc. You can't have it both way's and you cannot educate a cult.

Please think about what you are actually saying, you sound just as dangerous.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 16 2015, 10:00 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Ideas anyone?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 16 2015, 10:01 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Nov 16 2015, 09:59 PM) *
Please think about what you are actually saying, you sound just as dangerous.

Why? Does this not happen?

+Quote Post
newres
post Nov 16 2015, 10:18 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Nov 16 2015, 09:56 PM) *

Most of those things happen in Saudi Arabia, yet we happily sell weapons to them. You are as brainwashed as those you castigate.

https://www.facebook.com/Mediamatters/video...67/?pnref=story

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 16 2015, 10:30 PM
Post #54

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 16 2015, 10:18 PM) *
Most of those things happen in Saudi Arabia, yet we happily sell weapons to them. You are as brainwashed as those you castigate.

https://www.facebook.com/Mediamatters/video...67/?pnref=story

I agree with the Saudi Arabia link. This is where this branch of Islam has its stronghold. And no we should not be selling arms to them. 99.9999% of Moslems are completely innocent people. This branch of Islam is akin to the old KKK. Prejudice has no place.

Apologies if I have caused any offence. I certainly don't want to castigate anyone. This is a forum. We may have differing views buy that's what makes a sound democracy.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 16 2015, 11:20 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

I think it's wonderful when people form opinions based on Facebook! What a wonderful world this is.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 16 2015, 11:28 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

And Corbyn (true to form) vetos all Syrians airstrikes and grandly announces that under his leadership, the police will not be allowed a shoot to kill. No matter what. So, we have a crazed Syrian jihadist letting loose with an ak47 in Trafalgar Square and the police will be effectively helpless. What are they supposed to do? Find a Halal butcher, buy some lamb, starts barbie and invite him to have a chat over some lunch? Is that the plan? Said it before and I'll say it again, the man's bloody dangerous.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 16 2015, 11:41 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Nov 16 2015, 11:28 PM) *
And Corbyn (true to form) vetos all Syrians airstrikes and grandly announces that under his leadership, the police will not be allowed a shoot to kill. No matter what. So, we have a crazed Syrian jihadist letting loose with an ak47 in Trafalgar Square and the police will be effectively helpless. What are they supposed to do? Find a Halal butcher, buy some lamb, starts barbie and invite him to have a chat over some lunch? Is that the plan? Said it before and I'll say it again, the man's bloody dangerous.

It doesn't say that here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34832023 Do you have another source?

Everyone has a right to self-defence and to defend, and one may break the law if it is to prevent a greater breach of law (evil) from taking place. In these cases, one may kill another but must justify it. I suspect what Corbin is thinking about is state assassinations.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 17 2015, 12:12 AM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Nov 17 2015, 12:41 AM) *
It doesn't say that here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34832023 Do you have another source?

Everyone has a right to self-defence and to defend, and one may break the law if it is to prevent a greater breach of law (evil) from taking place. In these cases, one may kill another but must justify it. I suspect what Corbin is thinking about is state assassinations.

I watched the interview tonight. And no, he said the police would not have permission to shoot to kill. Bet the Federation loves that!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 17 2015, 12:15 AM
Post #59

Advanced Member

This from the Guardian
Jeremy Corbyn has said he is not happy with police or military being ordered to “shoot to kill” on British streets, a measure which Downing Street has approved in the event of Paris-style terror attacks in the UK.

The Labour leader made the remarks after it emerged the government ordered special forces to “take swift action to neutralise terrorists, rather than to cordon and negotiate”, because of the evolving tactics of Islamic Stateterrorists.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Nov 17 2015, 01:19 AM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Nov 17 2015, 12:12 AM) *
I watched the interview tonight. And no, he said the police would not have permission to shoot to kill. Bet the Federation loves that!
QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Nov 17 2015, 12:15 AM) *
This from the Guardian
Jeremy Corbyn has said he is not happy with police or military being ordered to “shoot to kill” on British streets, a measure which Downing Street has approved in the event of Paris-style terror attacks in the UK.

The Labour leader made the remarks after it emerged the government ordered special forces to “take swift action to neutralise terrorists, rather than to cordon and negotiate”, because of the evolving tactics of Islamic Stateterrorists.

I didn't see the interview you watched, but I cannot see anywhere where he is reported to have said: 'announces that under his leadership, the police will not be allowed a shoot to kill. No matter what.' or words to that effect.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:01 PM