> Tommy Robinson, Police State
SirWilliam
post Aug 19 2018, 12:29 PM
Post #241

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 18 2018, 11:02 PM) *
Debate is key. And is Corbyn an anti semite? Boris an Islamaphobe? No is the answer to both I expect but a lot of people that live in the goldfish bowl social media world probably think they are....

It would appear that the populace at large are so attuned to the monosyllabic drivel of twitter and it's associated social media outlets they fail to listen/read past the first paragraph and thereby lose the gist of any subject presented in an open forum style. I have a completely different view of the world than I did 60 years ago but the problems are the same and the answers as oblique, so if we can all calmy disseminate our thoughts in a constructive manner without resorting to a blinkered diatribe then we may actually get to the 21st century before it runs out.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 19 2018, 04:25 PM
Post #242

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 19 2018, 01:29 PM) *
It would appear that the populace at large are so attuned to the monosyllabic drivel of twitter and it's associated social media outlets they fail to listen/read past the first paragraph and thereby lose the gist of any subject presented in an open forum style. I have a completely different view of the world than I did 60 years ago but the problems are the same and the answers as oblique, so if we can all calmy disseminate our thoughts in a constructive manner without resorting to a blinkered diatribe then we may actually get to the 21st century before it runs out.

I reckon online at least, we’re beyond that. I think as well it tends to cause polarisation in debates. I expect if 1/2 dozen of the regulars on here got together to debate Brexit it would probably be interesting. That said you would have to exclude the Tommy nutter because in my opinion if you attend Tommy rallies and use terms like Antifa (shouldn’t we all be anti fascist?) as he would be an extremist.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 19 2018, 04:33 PM
Post #243

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 19 2018, 05:25 PM) *
I reckon online at least, we’re beyond that. I think as well it tends to cause polarisation in debates. I expect if 1/2 dozen of the regulars on here got together to debate Brexit it would probably be interesting. That said you would have to exclude the Tommy nutter because in my opinion if you attend Tommy rallies and use terms like Antifa (shouldn’t we all be anti fascist?) as he would be an extremist.

Interesting. You use the word nutter about someone who openly expresses views and then you attempt to defend an organisation that cover faces and make death threats. You seem typical of the social media bubble that is causing such mistrust and hatred. Id be happy to meet fellow forum members. My guess is you would hide behind your social media platforms...

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 19 2018, 04:40 PM
Post #244

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 19 2018, 05:33 PM) *
Interesting. You use the word nutter about someone who openly expresses views and then you attempt to defend an organisation that cover faces and make death threats. You seem typical of the social media bubble that is causing such mistrust and hatred. Id be happy to meet fellow forum members. My guess is you would hide behind your social media platforms...

Which organisation do I defend?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 19 2018, 05:31 PM
Post #245

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 19 2018, 05:40 PM) *
Which organisation do I defend?

The inference you gave was that you were in support of antifa.

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 19 2018, 06:13 PM
Post #246

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 19 2018, 06:31 PM) *
The inference you gave was that you were in support of antifa.

Is that an organisation? I thought it was just a collective noun that right wing nutters ascribed to those that oppose them and is short for anti fascist. Aren’t you anti fascist? Isn’t perhaps our greatest accomplishment as a country to help in defeating fascism? As a nation therefore aren’t we antifa(scist)?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 19 2018, 06:28 PM
Post #247

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 19 2018, 07:13 PM) *
Is that an organisation? I thought it was just a collective noun that right wing nutters ascribed to those that oppose them and is short for anti fascist. Aren’t you anti fascist? Isn’t perhaps our greatest accomplishment as a country to help in defeating fascism? As a nation therefore aren’t we antifa(scist)?

LOL..... You'll be telling me next the earth is flat. You really are out of touch with reality.

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 19 2018, 07:24 PM
Post #248

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 19 2018, 07:28 PM) *
LOL..... You'll be telling me next the earth is flat. You really are out of touch with reality.

You’ve lost me.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 19 2018, 07:35 PM
Post #249

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 19 2018, 08:24 PM) *
You’ve lost me.

Its not difficult. Why not Google Antifa and News?

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 19 2018, 07:44 PM
Post #250

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 19 2018, 08:35 PM) *
Its not difficult. Why not Google Antifa and News?

And?

http://www.leftvoice.org/The-Origins-of-Antifa

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 19 2018, 07:59 PM
Post #251

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 19 2018, 08:44 PM) *

😂 "Leftvoice"...

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 19 2018, 08:13 PM
Post #252

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

I certainly agree that a debate, indeed any debate, would be interesting, but that's all, interesting.

Those of us at school since 1944 at least were taught that we live in a democracy. Many of us still believe that's true.

The sad reality is that we don't and actually never did. We used to live in an aristocracy which since 1979 has morphed into a plutocracy.

What we think or say makes no difference at all.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Aug 19 2018, 09:57 PM
Post #253

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 18 2018, 10:23 AM) *
It was the giveaway question from an insidious and dangerous man. That being said, there does seem to be a ‘black out’ in the media and it does seem due process wasn’t followed by his imprisonment.

It was the giveaway question from an insidious and dangerous man.

Stated as a fact but in in fact, subjective. I disagree.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Aug 19 2018, 10:24 PM
Post #254

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 17 2018, 11:21 PM) *
Predominantly Muslim country in 20 years time?

Wellof you don't like it you can always fuxk off!

Isn't that what we say to everyone else ?

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Aug 19 2018, 10:34 PM
Post #255

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 19 2018, 07:13 PM) *

Error, we haven't defeated fascism. It is alive and well and living under the name anitfa.

Sorry to disappoint you, antifa are called as such by many groups of people, and justly so. Check out their antics in Berkley for but one example.
They are identified by many as domestic terrorists (You know, the REAL nutters!). But you already know that don't you?
On the highly unlikely chance you don't know the origins, then this is really are.

https://capitalresearch.org/article/origins-of-antifa/

Just in case you decide to knock the link aside and ignore it, here is a snippet.

"Antifa has gained new prominence in the post-Obama era. They trace their roots back to Nazi Germany. Although they opposed the Sturmabteilung (SA), or Nazi storm troopers, like the SA they also used violence to intimidate political opponents and break up their meetings and rallies."

There fixed it for you.

--------------------

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Aug 19 2018, 10:41 PM
Post #256

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Aug 19 2018, 11:24 PM) *
Well if you don't like it you can always fuxk off!

Isn't that what we say to everyone else ?

Yes, and why not if someone comes to your own homeland and starts to tell you you have to change.

I think you missed first in last out.
wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 20 2018, 06:13 AM
Post #257

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 17 2018, 11:21 PM) *
Predominantly Muslim country in 20 years time?

Hard to dispute that, so it's worth considering exactly what that means; in terms of everyday life. Like it or not, our present governance, legal system and ethical outlook are all based on Christianity - 'by law established'. So, things will be different and one of the first differences will be that tolerance of other views and creeds won't be tolerated at all.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 20 2018, 09:13 AM
Post #258

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

(shouldn’t we all be anti fascist?)

Yes we should, but the definition of fascism varies depending on the views and perception of the perceiver.

+Quote Post
newres
post Aug 20 2018, 11:20 AM
Post #259

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Aug 20 2018, 10:13 AM) *
Yes we should, but the definition of fascism varies depending on the views and perception of the perceiver.

Well if one group defines there enemy as Antifa(scist) doesn't that self define themselves as fascist?

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Aug 20 2018, 11:27 AM
Post #260

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

I expect if 1/2 dozen of the regulars on here got together to debate Brexit it would probably be interesting.

It was great fun the last few times that we met up at the pub. I would personally be well up for doing that again.

+Quote Post

23 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:23 AM