Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> pro palestinian protest march
Fefe
post Sep 1 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 120

''A protest march in support of Palestine in the ongoing Gaza conflict will take place in Newbury tomorrow (Friday), amid nationwide protests against what demonstrators consider is the occupation of Gaza by Israel''

Does anyone know if this went ahead last Friday? Expected to see an update on Newbury today but no mention since initial artical.

Maybe it didn't happen!?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Sep 2 2014, 06:26 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Yes, it did! I was in Northbrook Street when a small group of people carrying placards walked through; accompanied by the Police who were trying to calm some chap on the side who was making a lot of fuss. All quite civilised and over in a flash!

I have to say, the Police seemed to be handling the situation pretty well; simply trying just to keep the peace.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
taxpayer
post Sep 2 2014, 06:44 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 582

Looking forward to the march in defence of all the minorities being persecuted by ISIS and other Sunni groups.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 2 2014, 08:24 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (taxpayer @ Sep 2 2014, 07:44 PM) *
Looking forward to the march in defence of all the minorities being persecuted by ISIS and other Sunni groups.

Would that somehow be incompatible with the march under discussion?

+Quote Post
Fefe
post Sep 2 2014, 08:30 PM
Post #5

Precisely taxpayer. Highlight Palestinians but none of the others being persecuted by terrorists. I'd like to have stood in the middle with a pro israel banner and see how long it would be before anyone would notice wink.gif

+Quote Post
user23
post Sep 2 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Fefe @ Sep 2 2014, 09:30 PM) *
Precisely taxpayer. Highlight Palestinians but none of the others being persecuted by terrorists. I'd like to have stood in the middle with a pro israel banner and see how long it would be before anyone would notice wink.gif
Why not start your own march if you feel that strongly about it?

+Quote Post
Rusty Bullet
post Sep 3 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 53

QUOTE (Fefe @ Sep 2 2014, 09:30 PM) *
Precisely taxpayer. Highlight Palestinians but none of the others being persecuted by terrorists. I'd like to have stood in the middle with a pro israel banner and see how long it would be before anyone would notice

Do it, don't just bleat from the sidelines, if you feel that strongly about it, do it.

+Quote Post
Fefe
post Sep 4 2014, 09:32 PM
Post #8

Unfortunately this particular demo was on a workday for me. However, my personal opinion is its a much bigger thing than highlighting the plight of the Palestinians. And looking at the latest news reports might just represent the start. I don't like/condone mindless killing of any human being. But it appears in what we are seeing and being told that this is nothing to the terrorist organisation who appear to stop at nothing to spread their so called faith onto those who do not want it. I do not believe its the views of everyone who follow Islam so which is the true faith? That with the belief of peace and being able to live in harmony with others or that part which accepts mindless killing as the norm? It can't be both surely. I'm no expert. Just confused by the fact that some of the faith followers support peace and others want to fight and kill for it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:59 PM