> Parking 'Wardens'
GMR
post Sep 6 2009, 09:41 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Strafin @ Sep 6 2009, 10:35 PM) *
How do you know that I didn't? Do you work there? Was it you who pursued it and put me and my wife through months of worry? Wouldn't suprise me, you seem the vindictive type.

She does know as her husband works there and he keeps his eye on every application and when he typed "Strafin," Mr and Mrs, into the computer it said you didn't. There is no escape my friend from Big Brother and his wife. Not only that but expect a knock on your door and to be whipped for several hours in front of WBC Offices for the amusement of the public and staff.... they can be funny like that. laugh.gif wink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Sep 6 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (JeffG @ Sep 6 2009, 06:12 PM) *
Strafin - that's really mean.

On the other hand there are some councils that are more accomodating. Visiting Windsor one day, I bought a pay-and-display ticket, and put it on the dashboard on the driver's side. When I shut the door it must have blown over, because when I got back, it was upside down and I had a parking ticket.

I wrote to Windsor & Maidenhead council to apologise, explaining what must have happened. I enclosed my ticket as proof that it was valid at the time the parking ticket was issued and they rescinded the fine.

Oddly I was in Windsor about 5 hours ago. In the short stay car park, over the road from 'Brown's' a car was being clamped. £120 release fee. After we'd eaten & had a wander around town I noticed the car had gone.

btw, we parked for free. a few mins down a side street or two always comes up trumps.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Sep 6 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Iommi @ Sep 6 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Just do what I do, don't shop in Newbury. The Retail Park and Tesco cover most bases.

Depends on the baseness of your bases I guess.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 07:32 AM