> Paris.
newres
post Nov 15 2015, 04:26 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Nov 15 2015, 12:48 PM) *
You have a right to an opinion. So do I. Calling me beyond help and simple and ignorant is in my opinion quite wrong.

Sometimes the answers are simple.
You did not answer the question.

Because it was a daft question. Obviously their aim is to have an Islamic state, but that is not the cause of the attack on France. Why are France launching air attacks on them? Is it because the French are Catholics and the terrorists are muslims?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GMR
post Nov 15 2015, 05:09 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

I fear this isn't the last attacks. Push people far enough (i.e. the people of the countries) and they will rise up. The question is, against who?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 15 2015, 06:26 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 15 2015, 04:26 PM) *
Because it was a daft question. Obviously their aim is to have an Islamic state, but that is not the cause of the attack on France. Why are France launching air attacks on them? Is it because the French are Catholics and the terrorists are muslims?

Not particularly. This "version" of Islam means they think of people like you as nothing more than a cockroach on the face of the globe and that you should be exterminated.

The Islamic state want to bring about the end of day's and an apocalypse. This is a stated end game.
People like you are Infidel scum. Obviously, you could drop in on them and try and "negotiate" on behalf of the free western world. Good luck with that.

Unfortunately an attack of this nature is going to happen in London.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 15 2015, 06:33 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 15 2015, 05:26 PM) *

It's this level of either, malevolent trolling or sheer stupidity that makes me wanna scratch my sometimes.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 15 2015, 06:38 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Nov 15 2015, 06:33 PM) *
It's this level of either, malevolent trolling or sheer stupidity that makes me wanna scratch my sometimes.

And is why so many people have left this forum. I very rarely visit these days. I used to be an active poster.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 15 2015, 07:38 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Nov 15 2015, 06:38 PM) *
And is why so many people have left this forum. I very rarely visit these days. I used to be an active poster.

Well, there seems no point in your visiting as you are clearly unwilling to listen, let alone adjust your views. That's not good.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 15 2015, 07:40 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

I don't think I'll be alone in wondering what this means, it makes little sense.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 15 2015, 07:45 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 15 2015, 07:38 PM) *
Well, there seems no point in your visiting as you are clearly unwilling to listen, let alone adjust your views. That's not good.

My way or the highway. Eh? Adjust my views to accommodate yours? What a preposterous and egotistical person you are.

ARROGANCE

1. Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.

2. Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Nov 15 2015, 07:58 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,072

This is really not the place or time for a row, but I must say blaming and cast aspersions on the religious people is quite offensive.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 15 2015, 08:02 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Nov 15 2015, 07:45 PM) *
My way or the highway. Eh? Adjust my views to accommodate yours? What a preposterous and egotistical person you are.

ARROGANCE

1. Having or displaying a sense of overbearing self-worth or self-importance.

2. Marked by or arising from a feeling or assumption of one's superiority toward others

It's OK, keep calm. I won't disturb you anymore. Peace.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
newres
post Nov 15 2015, 08:07 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Please explain.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Nov 15 2015, 08:08 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 15 2015, 08:02 PM) *
It's OK, keep calm. I won't disturb you anymore. Peace.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. But then you would know that. You know everything.

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Nov 15 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,046

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Nov 15 2015, 08:58 PM) *
This is really not the place or time for a row, but I must say blaming and cast aspersions on the religious people is quite offensive.

I agree with this, OK, I'm a church goer.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Nov 15 2015, 11:43 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Nov 15 2015, 08:50 AM) *
What was the name of the terrorist outfit that carried out the attack?

Daesh
That's what they should be called. Separate them from the 'Islam' identity which the majority of peaceful (?) muslims claim they do not represent. And separate them from the word 'State' as we should be doing everything in our power to ensure such an evil doctrine can never hope to claim a piece of this planet and plant their flag on it and it ever be recognised.

'Daesh' is the derogatory term and the ISIS term should be ditched.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Nov 16 2015, 12:31 AM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Nov 14 2015, 08:15 PM) *
Saying that religions is the cause is just plain inaccurate.

Saying "it's not" is just plunging your head in the sand.... Their stated intention is for their jihadists to rid the world of zionists and other non islamic faiths by extreme measures. Their followers are strapping on suicide vests and carrying copies of the Qur'an with the sole intent and ultimate belief that they are martyrs for their faith and will be met and rewarded with 72 virgins and the prospect of everlasting happiness....

The attacks in Paris were not completely random. Fair enough, if the Stade de France attack had been successful there would have been huge loss of life and with no specific religious correlation, but the attack on the Bataclan theatre was (presumably) chosen as a main assault target due to it's Jewish owners rather than because Daesh hate the 'death metal' music genre... This theatre has been the focus of a number of anti-Israel activists in Paris for quite some time due to it's owners pro-Israel events.

Sadly for those who attended the music event and were part of this tragedy they may have been saved if only those who planned this attack had kept themselves abreast on whether this was still a 'Jewish target'. In September 2015 the Jewish owners Pascal and Joel Laloux sold the place after 40 years and emigrated to Israel......

QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 14 2015, 08:47 PM) *
Actually, in reality wars are caused and continued by hot headed people.

Conventional thinking on what constitutes a 'war' should be set aside when dealing with Daesh. We in the western world may think there's a set pattern for a war. No such pattern is in place in the minds of these pseudo-religious sadists.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Nov 16 2015, 12:56 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Nov 15 2015, 07:58 PM) *

Which one? This tw@t?

...this one?

.......or this one?

+Quote Post
newres
post Nov 16 2015, 02:14 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Nov 16 2015, 12:31 AM) *
Saying "it's not" is just plunging your head in the sand.... Their stated intention is for their jihadists to rid the world of zionists and other non islamic faiths by extreme measures. Their followers are strapping on suicide vests and carrying copies of the Qur'an with the sole intent and ultimate belief that they are martyrs for their faith and will be met and rewarded with 72 virgins and the prospect of everlasting happiness....

The attacks in Paris were not completely random. Fair enough, if the Stade de France attack had been successful there would have been huge loss of life and with no specific religious correlation, but the attack on the Bataclan theatre was (presumably) chosen as a main assault target due to it's Jewish owners rather than because Daesh hate the 'death metal' music genre... This theatre has been the focus of a number of anti-Israel activists in Paris for quite some time due to it's owners pro-Israel events.

Sadly for those who attended the music event and were part of this tragedy they may have been saved if only those who planned this attack had kept themselves abreast on whether this was still a 'Jewish target'. In September 2015 the Jewish owners Pascal and Joel Laloux sold the place after 40 years and emigrated to Israel......

Conventional thinking on what constitutes a 'war' should be set aside when dealing with Daesh. We in the western world may think there's a set pattern for a war. No such pattern is in place in the minds of these pseudo-religious sadists.

There's a lot of inconsistencies and muddle in there. First, Bataclan was targeted because it's owners were Jewish. Then you concede that the Stade de France attack was not because of Jewish owners because it doesn't have Jewish owners, then later you say that Bataclan doesn't actually have Jewish owners any more. We're the restaurants Kosher?

Without doubt the attackers were religious zealots, but their religion isn't the "cause" of the attacks any more than USA invading Iraq was because Iraq is a Muslim country. It's coincidental. The causes lay in geopolitical matters. It is naive to blame religion.

It was regularly argued by the ignorant the "The Troubles" were because of religion, but again the fact that the natives were Catholic and the settlers were Protestant was largely coincidental. Arguably if the settlers were Catholic they would have been more readily assimilated into the population and perhaps the inequalities in the North that led to civil unrest may not have happened, but ultimately the cause was not religious differences.

Anyway, this all "kicked off" because someone said that anyone who believed in God was psychotic proving that you don't have to be religious to be intoleratnt.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Nov 16 2015, 10:35 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

Current thinking is that IS is aided by rebel Chechnya Muslim elements, now, what is their speciality? Yup, attacking theatres. It would also tie in with the bomb on a Russian airliner.

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Nov 16 2015, 10:39 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

You rarely believe in God when you end up in the arctic looking for cod.
This is Dad's view.
You are 16, had to give up school,Father died,sister died both from TB.
And your younger brother is a commie trade unionist.
ce

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Nov 16 2015, 10:42 AM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

OOps Je suis Charlie...I am off to a theatre on Wednesday. North London. I won't say where.

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:15 AM