> Burglar killed, Homeowner released without charge
Biker1
post Apr 10 2018, 08:46 AM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 103

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Apr 10 2018, 09:21 AM) *
Once more a relevant topic of conversation degenerates into a mud slinging fracas. As my old form master to used to say when dealing with squabbling 3rd formers "I have no wish to know who started it only to inform you that I am the one to end it".
By all means criticise the opinion but name calling is neither nice for the recipient nor those who wish to make a valid point.

Tried to attach a "thumbs up" symbol but buggered if I know how to do it so have to make do with this................ cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 10 2018, 09:07 AM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Apr 10 2018, 09:46 AM) *
Tried to attach a "thumbs up" symbol but buggered if I know how to do it so have to make do with this................ cool.gif

Thank you. I don't know either which is why we use words instead of symbols. Didn't the Egyptians use a similar form of communications before the development of the alphabet?
Maybe we are actually going backwards without knowing it?

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Apr 10 2018, 10:16 AM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Once more a relevant topic of conversation degenerates into a mud slinging fracas. As my old form master to used to say when dealing with squabbling 3rd formers "I have no wish to know who started it only to inform you that I am the one to end it".
By all means criticise the opinion but name calling is neither nice for the recipient nor those who wish to make a valid point.

Too late, Sir William, too late.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
The Hatter
post Apr 10 2018, 11:47 AM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,046

It's probably just coincidence, but these little notes of yours seem only to appear when certain posters here have been dished back what they can't stop
doing themselves.

+Quote Post
newres
post Apr 10 2018, 02:10 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

Unfortunately there's no end to it. As soon as some horrendous views on here are challenged, the insults start. It's possible to be robust without resorting to name calling. I admit in the last week lowering myself to it when accusing one particularly unpleasant member of being a drunk. In my defence, the posts from the person concerned often contain clear evidence of not reading properly what's written and incoherent name calling.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Apr 10 2018, 02:27 PM
Post #86

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Apr 10 2018, 09:46 AM) *

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Apr 10 2018, 02:28 PM
Post #87

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Apr 10 2018, 03:27 PM) *

Quite impressive. wink.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Apr 11 2018, 01:12 PM
Post #88

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 6 2018, 11:27 PM) *
Reasonable force is permitted, if they enter and you are in fear of your life or the lives of others you may use all reasonable force. What you may not do is attack someone trying to get out of the property nor can you harm someone who is fleeing the scene.

It's always best to ensure that he Police only have your statement to take. No danger of confusion then... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Apr 11 2018, 01:15 PM
Post #89

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 8 2018, 12:42 PM) *
Labour, opportunists to the core, never mind young kids are dying, let's just lie and spin.

He just can't see a bandwagon without jumping on...

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Apr 11 2018, 03:02 PM
Post #90

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Apr 10 2018, 03:10 PM) *
Unfortunately there's no end to it. As soon as some horrendous views on here are challenged, the insults start. It's possible to be robust without resorting to name calling. I admit in the last week lowering myself to it when accusing one particularly unpleasant member of being a drunk. In my defence, the posts from the person concerned often contain clear evidence of not reading properly what's written and incoherent name calling.

State these 'horrendous' views. And lets not pretend you're innocent of being abusive either.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Apr 11 2018, 09:27 PM
Post #91

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Apr 11 2018, 03:02 PM) *
State these 'horrendous' views. And lets not pretend you're innocent of being abusive either.

So normal service has resumed! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:01 PM