Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Police drugs raid
Bloggo
post Apr 13 2010, 12:32 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41

Great to see that the Police have cracked a drugs distribution organisation in Thatcham and Newbury.
Well done lads.
Lets hope now that the Justice system does not betray your good work and my hopes by letting the villans off with a paltry fine or an ASBO.

--------------------
Bloggo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 13 2010, 12:47 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

Shame we don't have Iranian justice for Drug Dealers. We could have made use of the cranes in Parkway....

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Apr 13 2010, 12:50 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Apr 13 2010, 01:32 PM) *
...Lets hope now that the Justice system does not betray your good work and my hopes by letting the villans off with a paltry fine or an ASBO.

"This morning (Tuesday), DI Borges confirmed that one person has since been cautioned for possession of cannabis, while six people have been released on police bail, pending further enquiries." tongue.gif

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 13 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Apr 13 2010, 01:50 PM) *
"This morning (Tuesday), DI Borges confirmed that one person has since been cautioned for possession of cannabis, while six people have been released on police bail, pending further enquiries." tongue.gif

I know. It's a joke. Let them all out so they can carry on burgaling and dealing. Good idea.
Oh why we are at it why not let Peter Sutcliffe out as well. Perhaps they could put him up in a womens hostel as a handyman.

It must be so frustrating to be a Policeman. You KNOW who the criminals are and you catch them. The 'system' then just releases them back into the community.

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Apr 13 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

Frustrating to be a police woman too!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Apr 14 2010, 03:45 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

If the police did a better job of gathering evidence the CPS and court services might be able to dish out harsher punishments. The whole system is ridiculous.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Apr 14 2010, 07:26 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Strafin @ Apr 14 2010, 04:45 AM) *
If the police did a better job of gathering evidence the CPS and court services might be able to dish out harsher punishments. The whole system is ridiculous.

Yes your're right in that the system is weak however I think the Police did a good job with this particular incident.
Credit where it's due eh!!

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Apr 14 2010, 08:10 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Yes, "...released on police bail, pending further enquiries..." suggests to me the Police have in fact blundered. It tells me they don't have strong enough evidence, or similar, to throw the book at them. Some might say, however, that at least it is a load of drugs taken off the market (which might upset people like user23 tongue.gif ) , but in reality it is a drop in the ocean.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 14 2010, 08:21 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Apr 14 2010, 09:10 AM) *
Yes, "...released on police bail, pending further enquiries..." suggests to me the Police have in fact blundered. It tells me they don't have strong enough evidence, or similar, to throw the book at them. Some might say, however, that at least it is a load of drugs taken off the market (which might upset people like user23 tongue.gif ) , but in reality it is a drop in the ocean.

I think User23 wants Newbury to become the next Chatsworth Estate! wink.gif

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/shameless

Its half way their already.....

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Apr 14 2010, 10:17 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Apr 14 2010, 09:21 AM) *
I think User23 wants Newbury to become the next Chatsworth Estate! wink.gif

Last time I was there the Devonshires threw a fab party. Bring it on.

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Apr 14 2010, 10:49 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

It is sometimes difficult strafin to obtain all the evidence in the 24hr custody time frame and bail is the only option!

E.g if drugs were found you can not charge on the basis that it might be a drug. It needs analyising by a lab. There people dont work 24hr shifts an have a lot of work on. Sometimes it has to be accepted that things take time.

Again lack of understanding and unrealistic expectations.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Apr 14 2010, 12:30 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Apr 14 2010, 11:49 AM) *
It is sometimes difficult strafin to obtain all the evidence in the 24hr custody time frame and bail is the only option!

E.g if drugs were found you can not charge on the basis that it might be a drug. It needs analyising by a lab. There people dont work 24hr shifts an have a lot of work on. Sometimes it has to be accepted that things take time.

Again lack of understanding and unrealistic expectations.

Wished you had got a Gene Hunt still down at the Station to show the Villains what for rather then pandering to their 'human rights'. Perhaps you could be 'Bolly' ossy1! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Apr 14 2010, 12:48 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Well they weren't busy enough to know this one "...cautioned for possession of cannabis...".

Again lack of understanding...

Agreed

...and unrealistic expectations.

So you see nothing wrong in this being the way things are handled? If a major job like this was on the cards, I'd like to think that all the things can be put in place to make this a swift and definitive operation.

We have a 10 man team, surely 9 plus a tester isn't unreasonable, in a budgetary sense? I presume they had sniffer dogs, how often do dogs get it wrong?

Again it would help your cause and our understanding if you and others in the Police would demonstrate that you appreciate why people get fed up with repeat offenders being treated 'fairly' while they spread misery. I don't think it is 'unrealistic expectations' for good people to wish the police had greater powers under certain circumstances.

Your post would have carried a lot more kudos had you just left out the comment of, "Again lack of understanding and unrealistic expectations. " With this you help to perpetuate the 'them and us' feeling.

It might not look like it, but I and we are on your side by the way.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Apr 14 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Apr 14 2010, 01:48 PM) *
Again it would help your cause and our understanding if you would appreciate why people get fed up with repeat offenders being treated 'fairly' while they spread misery. I don't think it is 'unrealistic expectations' for good people to wish the police had greater powers under certain circumstances.

Well said Iommi. This is exactly the way that I and many people that I know feel.
We are fed up of being fobbed off and generally ignored regarding law and order.
It is time for the law to have some teeth so that it is respected by both the lawless and the law-abiding.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Apr 14 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

I appreciate that it must be frustrating for you and other Police officers to read the ignorant posts that we are sometimes guilty of posting. I think, though, that it would help everyone if things were not taken personally on these matters. I'm sure the majority of the Police do a good job and have their own issues, but many civvies are fed up of criminals that able to manipulate the system to their advantage.

I think some can't help but feel that this is just one big game between the Police and the illegal drugs industry, a kind of mutual self-fulfilling system as it were. Perhaps, there is mileage in decriminalising... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Andy
post Apr 14 2010, 01:20 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Apr 14 2010, 01:56 PM) *
We are fed up of being fobbed off and generally ignored regarding law and order.

That's because you, like many others on here, have no real insight or proper knowledge about how processes regarding these sorts of things truly work and therefore just post idealistic utopian wishes

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Apr 14 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Apr 14 2010, 02:14 PM) *
I appreciate that it must be frustrating for you and other Police officers to read the ignorant posts that we are sometimes guilty of posting. I think, though, that it would help everyone if things were not taken personally on these matters. I'm sure the majority of the Police do a good job and have their own issues, but many civvies are fed up of criminals that able to manipulate the system to their advantage.

I think some can't help but feel that this is just one big game between the Police and the illegal drugs industry, a kind of mutual self-fulfilling system as it were. Perhaps, there is mileage in decriminalising... unsure.gif

Although I agree with much of what you say, decriminalising hard drugs would create such misery with so many indisciplined people in our society. Our Hospitals would not be able to cope with the OD cases flowing in.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Apr 14 2010, 01:23 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 14 2010, 02:20 PM) *
That's because you, like many others on here, have no real insight or proper knowledge about how processes regarding these sorts of things truly work and therefore just post idealistic utopian wishes

I'm not sure that is always a bad thing.

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Apr 14 2010, 02:22 PM) *
Although I agree with much of what you say, decriminalising hard drugs would create such misery with so many indisciplined people in our society. Our Hospitals would not be able to cope with the OD cases flowing in.

On this the legalising issue, I'm on the fence. I see good reasons on sides of the argument, so my stance is unhelpful.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Apr 14 2010, 01:32 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 14 2010, 02:20 PM) *

Nasty laugh.gif
You know nothing about me and what I do and don't understand.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Andy
post Apr 14 2010, 01:55 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Apr 14 2010, 02:32 PM) *
Nasty laugh.gif
You know nothing about me and what I do and don't understand.

Not being "nasty" at all, it's just generally what happens on a lot of posts on a lot of subjects.

If you'd been a lawyer, judge or police officer, then you'd no doubt be putting factual and useful posts as to why these series of events occur. But as it seems you're clearly not, then it's seemingly just your (and many many others, including myself) wish list, which, I have no doubt it totally unworkable in reality.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:22 AM