Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Riots...
Rosewinelover
post Aug 8 2011, 09:09 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 966

Never been so ashamed of our country until now...Watching this live footage is truley awful.

Thugs who have no thought to what they are doing, shop owners, families, children - their lives are being ruined.

The Army needs to get involved as this is escalating round the country now... sad.gif

At least David Cam has decided to come back from his holiday now... dry.gif

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
user23
post Aug 8 2011, 09:11 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

What do you suggest the Army would do?

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Aug 8 2011, 09:14 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Take more control than the police - not enough of them from what I am wathing.

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Aug 8 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Aug 8 2011, 10:14 PM) *
Take more control than the police - not enough of them from what I am watching.

+Quote Post
user23
post Aug 8 2011, 09:15 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

How would they take control?

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Aug 8 2011, 09:19 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (user23 @ Aug 8 2011, 10:15 PM) *

There is more of them, they are better trained at these situations..

You got any better ideas on how to control this?

I have been horrified watching this...I have friends in London who have had to leave their homes through terror of them being burnt down.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Aug 8 2011, 09:25 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

Should we not send in troops to help the rioters? How do you define rioters or legitimate protesters? Syria. Libyia springs to mind. Not condoning what is happening in any way but just look what is happening throughtout the world how do you define what is right and what is wrong in protesting? Have the Syrian protesters a genuine grievance or are they just rioters etc? Who defines? Thoughts please.

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Aug 8 2011, 09:32 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Aug 8 2011, 10:25 PM) *
Should we not send in troops to help the rioters? How do you define rioters or legitimate protesters? Syria. Libyia springs to mind. Not condoning what is happening in any way but just look what is happening throughtout the world how do you define what is right and what is wrong in protesting? Have the Syrian protesters a genuine grievance or are they just rioters etc? Who defines? Thoughts please.

At the moment, this is wrong what is happening now, in a country I live in. Just because people are annoyed, destroying the town they/thousands others live in, is not going to solve anything. After seeing a interview of a mother having to leave her home and see it burnt down is heartbraking.

Protesting is wrong when other peoples are affected. Want to fire bomb homes and shops? Then do the ones you own...Ooops, no hang on, they probably don't work and we pay their rent and weekly bills for them.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Aug 8 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Aug 8 2011, 10:32 PM) *
Protesting is wrong when other peoples are affected.

But they weren't protesters. They were criminal gangs jumping on a dubious bandwagon to see what they could loot from shops, as well as attacking the police as their warped sense of "entertainment".

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Aug 8 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Aug 8 2011, 10:40 PM) *
But they weren't protesters. They were criminal gangs jumping on a dubious bandwagon to see what they could loot from shops, as well as attacking the police as their warped sense of "entertainment".

Protesters/thugs/looters - they are all rioting.

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Aug 8 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Listening to the 'hooligans' on the news they say they are doing it to get their taxes back - well were all p***ed off about the cuts but smashing up your own community is brainless. Sense has gone.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post Aug 8 2011, 10:00 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Aug 8 2011, 10:46 PM) *
Protesters/thugs/looters - they are all rioting.

So are our forces not assisting rioters in Libya? They are causing mayhem and wrecking buildings etc in their own country. You see what I am getting at? How do you define what is rioting and what is protesting against a regime that will not listen? Not condoning what is happening in London in any way at all just trying to be devils advocate as it were?

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Aug 8 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Cognosco @ Aug 8 2011, 11:00 PM) *
So are our forces not assisting rioters in Libya? They are causing mayhem and wrecking buildings etc in their own country. You see what I am getting at? How do you define what is rioting and what is protesting against a regime that will not listen? Not condoning what is happening in London in any way at all just trying to be devils advocate as it were?

Yes I see what your getting at...
Protesting is groups of people, gathering together at a certain place to make a point - wave banners, show petitions thats been signed etc. A riot is what I am seeing on my tv screen - horrific attacks on the cities we live in. Alot of the people are not 'protesters', just people who want to cause havoc.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Aug 8 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

The police have their hands tied behind their backs by politicians who insist on the softly softly approach.... (Compared to European style policing) A copper pushes an innocent MOP who then unfortunately falls over and dies. That copper is then hauled over the coals and faces months of investigation, with the possibility of criminal prosecution and losing his job. You can see why they are perhaps not being too robust at this stage. Why should they unless they can be confident that they will be supported by their superiors?

QUOTE (user23 @ Aug 8 2011, 10:15 PM) *
It's not going to happen, but give a squaddie a long stick (a pick helve is the preferred object of pain for your average squaddie - without introducing ammunition)and an order to 'crack some heads' and it'll soon calm down.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 8 2011, 10:28 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (spartacus @ Aug 8 2011, 11:20 PM) *
The police have their hands tied behind their backs by politicians who insist on the softly softly approach.... (Compared to European style policing) A copper pushes an innocent MOP who then unfortunately falls over and dies. That copper is then hauled over the coals and faces months of investigation, with the possibility of criminal prosecution and losing his job. You can see why they are perhaps not being too robust at this stage. Why should they unless they can be confident that they will be supported by their superiors?

From what I have seen, that copper deserves the sack; he's a thug. In a time before mobile phones, he'd have got away with it after the CCTV had gone missing, or accidentally wiped of course. tongue.gif

QUOTE (spartacus @ Aug 8 2011, 11:20 PM) *
It's not going to happen, but give a squaddie a long stick (a pick helve is the preferred object of pain for your average squaddie - without introducing ammunition)and an order to 'crack some heads' and it'll soon calm down.

I'm not so sure it was that effective in N. Ireland.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Aug 8 2011, 10:43 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Is there no end to the wanton looting? Even the gulls are getting in on the act....

Note - it's not a Black Headed Gull

+Quote Post
Dodgys smarter b...
post Aug 8 2011, 10:46 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,100

QUOTE (Rosewinelover @ Aug 8 2011, 10:09 PM) *
The Army needs to get involved as this is escalating round the country now...

So you have them declare Martial Law then what? Shoot first over their heads, then shoot at them? Brilliant....then it really would kick off. I'd put money on some of those protesters probably carrying more firepower than is strictly necessary.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Aug 8 2011, 10:50 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 8 2011, 11:28 PM) *
I'm not so sure it was that effective in N. Ireland.
These are opportunist thieves who are turning it into an arsonist fest just because 'they can' and the police tactics are ponderous. We're not talking about an 'Armed Struggle' here and the likes of PIRA fanning the flames.

A few canisters of CS gas (actually I would prefer to see some of our secret Blister Agent or Nerve Agent stores being used on the vermin now that the Cold war is over) and filling the air with baton rounds will soon get the kids off the street and back in front of their Xboxes again....

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Aug 8 2011, 11:20 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

I BLEDY TOLD YOU SO!!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Aug 8 2011, 11:33 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Kill them all, let god sort them out.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:34 PM