IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lib Dem meanies, Health and safety gone mad!
Andy Capp
post Jun 20 2014, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

I read in the NWN this week that the Greenham Parish Council (Lib Dems) have refused access to a photographer who wanted to take pictures of the control tower before the tower was renovated. Allegedly, H&S was one of the reasons cited.

Boo-hiss!

I suspect it is because that is where they have stashed all the brown paper bags full of money to keep quiet about the warehouse! tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Jun 21 2014, 12:00 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 20 2014, 01:27 PM) *
I read in the NWN this week that the Greenham Parish Council (Lib Dems) have refused access to a photographer who wanted to take pictures of the control tower before the tower was renovated. Allegedly, H&S was one of the reasons cited.

Boo-hiss!

I suspect it is because that is where they have stashed all the brown paper bags full of money to keep quiet about the warehouse! tongue.gif

There is a significant 'sport' of getting in places just to take pics. The participants do not seek permission as they know they won't get it. Civil Trespass only, so at worst they are ejected. Digital pics, so downloaded straight away. Pics of the control room will appear.....

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 21 2014, 12:12 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Jun 21 2014, 01:00 AM) *
There is a significant 'sport' of getting in places just to take pics. The participants do not seek permission as they know they won't get it. Civil Trespass only, so at worst they are ejected. Digital pics, so downloaded straight away. Pics of the control room will appear.....

Er... what are you talking about? huh.gif

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Jun 21 2014, 12:29 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

Anyone asking permission is almost certainly going to be turned down, but the pics will be taken, if it hasn't happened already......

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 21 2014, 12:35 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Jun 21 2014, 01:29 AM) *
Anyone asking permission is almost certainly going to be turned down, but the pics will be taken, if it hasn't happened already......

Why does it have to be like that?

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Jun 21 2014, 07:10 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,072

I can see their point, people are so keen on claiming compensation these days a semi derelict building would be easy pickings. If the photographer had done what professionals do, carry their own insurance and offer to pay for the Council staff to be there, maybe the answer would have been different.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 21 2014, 08:37 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Jun 21 2014, 08:10 AM) *
I can see their point, people are so keen on claiming compensation these days a semi derelict building would be easy pickings. If the photographer had done what professionals do, carry their own insurance and offer to pay for the Council staff to be there, maybe the answer would have been different.

'At you own risk' would do.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 21 2014, 08:47 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

You would probably be right if it was just access to grounds, but inside the building? Too much of a temptation for souvenir hunters...'aw come on, it's only an old clock!' I'm just old enough to remember what happened when the railways were cut back, all sorts of things not thought needed went missing. Greenham PC, dare I even say are just protecting the investment, though they could organise an enthusiasts day and let anyone with an interest in under supervision. For a fee of course, and who knows, they might even get some money back.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 21 2014, 08:52 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 21 2014, 09:47 AM) *
You would probably be right if it was just access to grounds, but inside the building? Too much of a temptation for souvenir hunters...'aw come on, it's only an old clock!' I'm just old enough to remember what happened when the railways were cut back, all sorts of things not thought needed went missing. Greenham PC, dare I even say are just protecting the investment, though they could organise an enthusiasts day and let anyone with an interest in under supervision. For a fee of course, and who knows, they might even get some money back.

Now there's a sensible idea, although considering the fuss JSW and his Mafioso cause, I thought they might like some 'before' pictures for posterity.

+Quote Post
Ruwan Uduwerage-...
post Jun 23 2014, 04:56 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 303

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 20 2014, 01:27 PM) *
Greenham Parish Council (Lib Dems)

Some LibDem's may appear to be "meanies" (especially those that supported the abomination known as the 'Bedroom Tax'), but Greenham Parish Council should not be included within this as it is apolitical. The vast majority of the Councillors are not LibDems as far as I am aware.

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera
Newbury Town Council - Councillor for Victoria Ward & Deputy Leader

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Jun 23 2014, 06:51 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera @ Jun 23 2014, 05:56 PM) *
Some LibDem's may appear to be "meanies" (especially those that supported the abomination known as the 'Bedroom Tax'), but Greenham Parish Council should not be included within this as it is apolitical. The vast majority of the Councillors are not LibDems as far as I am aware.

But the councillor that has taken such an interest in this project is!

Isn't he also leader of NTC?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 23 2014, 07:54 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera @ Jun 23 2014, 05:56 PM) *

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera

That is unfortunate for them then as I am blaming them and all the other abominations at Greenham.

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Jun 23 2014, 11:00 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 21 2014, 01:12 AM) *
Er... what are you talking about? huh.gif

http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/

There are loads of other urban photographers with their own code of conduct, no damage, nothing taken other than photographs.

+Quote Post
Ruwan Uduwerage-...
post Jun 26 2014, 06:20 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 303

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 23 2014, 08:54 PM) *
That is unfortunate for them then as I am blaming them and all the other abominations at Greenham.

Well let us not get facts then in the way of a good story then!

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 26 2014, 08:33 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera @ Jun 26 2014, 07:20 AM) *

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera

Remember people like me and others then will have a similar view then, so then, being cheeky to constituents then, is possibly not the best strategy then! tongue.gif LOL

+Quote Post
MontyPython
post Jun 26 2014, 10:05 AM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,755

QUOTE (Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera @ Jun 26 2014, 07:20 AM) *

Ruwan Uduwerage-Perera

I notice that you haven't commented on or denied that it is your leader at NTC that is the driving force behind the project!

So you were happy to attempt to disassociate the LibDems from this by inferring that it is apolitical. New brush and carpet for the deputy leader? tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:29 PM