> Merkel, Will she survive?
Andy Capp
post Dec 25 2016, 08:24 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 23 2016, 02:36 PM) *
Yet another sweeping generalisation from you. Where in my comments did I blame immigrants? You are part of the problem. Anyone wanting to limit or cap the number of people in the Country is always right wing or racist. This is not true. And you know that. You can tell u came from London. Why did you leave by the way? Too many immigrants????? laugh.gif

Where in newres comments did they brand you right wing or a racist? Your OP was anti immigration rhetoric. Meanwhile, newres made a good argument I thought.

I agree a population policy should be drafted, but people may not be happy about the consequences of throttling immigration.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 27 2016, 07:06 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (On the edge @ Dec 23 2016, 03:01 PM) *
Not yet convinced; we've lost the art of predicting the outcome of elections.

You are talking polls, if you can excuse the pun.

That does not include the silent majority, which are just that, the majority.
With any luck merkel and her policies will sink into the historic bad books.

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 27 2016, 07:35 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (x2lls @ Dec 27 2016, 07:06 PM) *

Don't talk the truth. Does not sit well with many. You hit the nail on the head. People cant even be assed to debate any more
No point. If you are not with the "agenda" you are branded. Thats why people just say NOTHING and vote how they actually feel at the ballot box. Upsetting for a lot of people. This whole democracy business....

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 27 2016, 07:45 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (x2lls @ Dec 27 2016, 07:06 PM) *

Glad you agree the outcomes of elections aren't predictable at all these days.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 27 2016, 07:45 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 27 2016, 08:35 PM) *
Don't talk the truth. Does not sit well with many. You hit the nail on the head. People cant even be assed to debate any more
No point. If you are not with the "agenda" you are branded. Thats why people just say NOTHING and vote how they actually feel at the ballot box. Upsetting for a lot of people. This whole democracy business....

'Like'!

--------------------

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 27 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 27 2016, 07:35 PM) *

Fine, but how does that work? Have we really turned into a nation of Kevin the teenagers?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 27 2016, 08:03 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Dec 27 2016, 07:52 PM) *
Fine, but how does that work? Have we really turned into a nation of Kevin the teenagers?

Pretty much. Yes. Not that keen on Farage but he has had over 1000 death threats this year. Been reported much??? Stick your head up with any view not "on point" and that is what you get. And it leads to this...... Which is worrying.

http://knightstemplarinternational.com

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Dec 27 2016, 08:40 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 27 2016, 08:03 PM) *
Pretty much. Yes. Not that keen on Farage but he has had over 1000 death threats this year. Been reported much??? Stick your head up with any view not "on point" and that is what you get. And it leads to this...... Which is worrying.

Looking at their "Ethos" page, I see they don't know the difference between "discreet" and "discrete". I find it hard to take any organisation seriously that makes grammatical errors like that. (Though even without that, I wouldn't be taking them particularly seriously either.)

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 27 2016, 08:41 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 27 2016, 09:03 PM) *

The fact is, the leftie project is seriously backfiring now. They, the eastern culture based mainly on Islam will NEVER integrate. The chance has been here for decades but we still have dissected communities, growing. You may not see it here so much as on mainland Europe.

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Dec 27 2016, 08:43 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 27 2016, 08:03 PM) *

What?? Merkel has led to an orgnanisation that was founded 900 years ago??

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 27 2016, 08:43 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 27 2016, 09:40 PM) *
Looking at their "Ethos" page, I see they don't know the difference between "discreet" and "discrete". I find it hard to take any organisation seriously that makes grammatical errors like that. (Though even without that, I wouldn't be taking them particularly seriously either.)

Like any other website or newspaper, book or magazine. Or, for that matter, anyone who writes to you.

The point is, the point that is being made.

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Dec 27 2016, 08:44 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (x2lls @ Dec 27 2016, 08:43 PM) *
Like any other website or newspaper, book or magazine. Or, for that matter, anyone who writes to you.

The point is, the point that is being made.

The nutjobs are on form tonight.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 27 2016, 08:47 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (JeffG @ Dec 27 2016, 09:40 PM) *

Best ignore Newres then lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 27 2016, 08:58 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 27 2016, 08:44 PM) *

From some peoples viewpoint you are the "nutjob". Still you keep on. Doing a good job😄

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 27 2016, 09:04 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 27 2016, 08:43 PM) *
What?? Merkel has led to an orgnanisation that was founded 900 years ago??

No. I was pointing out that not having a rational discussion on issues such as this leads to the rise of the far right. I know you like to think of me as some far right nutter who dresses as a nazi at the weekend and persecutes anyone with hint of none white about them but you couldn't be more wrong. Im beginning to think you are far right and engage on forums to stir up the populus.😘

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 27 2016, 09:55 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Dec 27 2016, 08:44 PM) *

That is a matter of opinion, yours. But where are they?

I suspect you have confused this thread with another you subscribe to. Somewhere far far away perhaps?

--------------------

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 27 2016, 10:20 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Like it or not, the Brexit result and the US presidential election are down to the people's view that politicians are not representing their views. I think that much is generally accepted. What seriously worries me is that for the most part, the major parties still aren't listening or worse, doing anything about it.

Provided they can earn a fair wage, secure a decent home, access reasonable health care and see an achievable secure future for their kids, provided they are willing to live peacably, don't really care who wants to live here. So, as successive Governments have failed to maintain, let alone advance any of this, is anyone really surprised at the outcome?

So, unless we can get our leaders to listen and act, history tells us extreme groups will flourish.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 27 2016, 10:33 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Dec 27 2016, 10:20 PM) *
Like it or not, the Brexit result and the US presidential election are down to the people's view that politicians are not representing their views. I think that much is generally accepted. What seriously worries me is that for the most part, the major parties still aren't listening or worse, doing anything about it.

Provided they can earn a fair wage, secure a decent home, access reasonable health care and see an achievable secure future for their kids, provided they are willing to live peacably, don't really care who wants to live here. So, as successive Governments have failed to maintain, let alone advance any of this, is anyone really surprised at the outcome?

So, unless we can get our leaders to listen and act, history tells us extreme groups will flourish.

Just give Theresa a chance please.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 27 2016, 10:49 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Dec 27 2016, 10:20 PM) *

My point exactly. Newres does not get it. I also would be happy to have a 2nd referendum. Same question. In or Out.That might finish the argument once and for all.

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Dec 27 2016, 11:48 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Dec 27 2016, 10:49 PM) *
My point exactly. Newres does not get it. I also would be happy to have a 2nd referendum. Same question. In or Out.That might finish the argument once and for all.

The vote went out, no more to consider in regard to the vote. End of.

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:26 PM