> Affordable homes not financially viable
Andy Capp
post Dec 4 2016, 08:49 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 4 2016, 12:39 PM) *
Has it been given away or long term leased?

Do you think our local Housing Association has the tens of millions needed to build on the land?

If they don't have the means then how do they afford to build anything? Mind you, if capital is an issue, selling the land for a pound, is a good start.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lolly
post Dec 7 2016, 05:13 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,763

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 4 2016, 01:39 PM) *
Has it been given away or long term leased?

Do you think our local Housing Association has the tens of millions needed to build on the land?

You could try looking at their accounts. Last time I looked, which I admit was a few years ago they were doing very nicely. Also they have access to public subsidy from the Homes & Communities Agency, and tax subsidies/exemptions for their 'not for profit' activities.

You could also look at the remuneration packages of the Chief Executive & Management Board - far in excess of what they would be paid as Council Housing Executives, and their employees don't fare badly either.

+Quote Post
user23
post Dec 7 2016, 07:28 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (Lolly @ Dec 7 2016, 05:13 PM) *
You could try looking at their accounts. Last time I looked, which I admit was a few years ago they were doing very nicely. Also they have access to public subsidy from the Homes & Communities Agency, and tax subsidies/exemptions for their 'not for profit' activities.

You could also look at the remuneration packages of the Chief Executive & Management Board - far in excess of what they would be paid as Council Housing Executives, and their employees don't fare badly either.
So has it been given away, or long term leased?

I can't tell from that answer.

+Quote Post
Lolly
post Dec 9 2016, 06:59 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,763

QUOTE (user23 @ Dec 7 2016, 08:28 PM) *
So has it been given away, or long term leased?

I can't tell from that answer.

Sorry I was responding to your second question 'Do you think our local Housing Association has tens of millions needed to build on the land?'

I have no idea whether the land has been given away or long term leased or whether the Council have ( or will) achieve value for money from the disposal. Do you?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:23 PM