Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A red herring.
GMR
post Dec 10 2012, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

Concerning the death of the nurse that committed suicide because of a prank by two Australian DJs.

To be honest I think the criticism of the two DJs is a red herring (and unfair). We've all been humiliated at one time or another. What we don't do is commit suicide over that humiliation. I think we need to find out why somebody would take their own life over such a silly thing. Was she mocked? Was it to do with her religion or something else? Like personal issues.

Secondly; we must look at the security at the hospital. Why wasn't the authentication of the "Queen" checked instead of taking the hoaxers word?

At first people were very critical of the two DJs but I think that anger will shift and hopefully more questions will be asked.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post Dec 10 2012, 06:30 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

I tend to agree GMR. It is a very sad outcome, but there were 2 nurses involved.
The prank was in poor taste. But DJs do it all the time. They are just a load of prankers.

What was the handsome man with a well fitted suit concealing a Glock outside the private room doing?
I read too many crime books!
ce.

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Dec 10 2012, 08:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

We will probably never know the real reason this poor individual sort to end her life so tragically but like the previous comments I find it hard to believe it was down to the aftermath of a tasteless prank.

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
GMR
post Dec 10 2012, 09:36 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (lordtup @ Dec 10 2012, 08:11 PM) *
We will probably never know the real reason this poor individual sort to end her life so tragically but like the previous comments I find it hard to believe it was down to the aftermath of a tasteless prank.

Nobody commits suicide because of a prank. There must be other issues here. Maybe she got reprimanded for giving out information (even though the hospital has denied it). Or she was mocked by others.

+Quote Post
Spider
post Dec 10 2012, 10:00 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,832

Total rubbish. If those DJs were in Britain I am sure that the Liberal-Democrats would have taken steps to show those deviates the consequences for such childish actions. People must be held accountable for their behaviour.

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Dec 10 2012, 10:10 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

QUOTE (Spider @ Dec 10 2012, 10:00 PM) *
Total rubbish. If those DJs were in Britain I am sure that the Liberal-Democrats would have taken steps to show those deviates the consequences for such childish actions. People must be held accountable for their behaviour.

Absolutely, the Lib Dems would have has them flayed alive, picked in hot sauce and used their Aussie hides to cover the next edition of Hansard. Tough on crime, thats the lib dem way!

+Quote Post
Spider
post Dec 10 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Penelope @ Dec 10 2012, 10:10 PM) *
Absolutely, the Lib Dems would have has them flayed alive, picked in hot sauce and used their Aussie hides to cover the next edition of Hansard. Tough on crime, thats the lib dem way!

I think you are twisting my words. The Lib-Dems believe in fairness and justice. What those two Aussies did was immoral and we have to legislate against such immoralism. The Lib-Dems believe in respect and honour. To do what is right and respect your neighbour. What this act has shown you is how society had degenerated. We must take steps to drag society up by its boots straps. We must set an example. And that only can be done through moral laws.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Dec 10 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (Spider @ Dec 10 2012, 10:18 PM) *
I think you are twisting my words. The Lib-Dems believe in fairness and justice. What those two Aussies did was immoral and we have to legislate against such immoralism. The Lib-Dems believe in respect and honour. To do what is right and respect your neighbour. What this act has shown you is how society had degenerated. We must take steps to drag society up by its boots straps. We must set an example. And that only can be done through moral laws.

Yes and if you don't agree with 4th Reich, the Lib Dems will burn you ALIVE!!!!!

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Dec 10 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Dec 10 2012, 11:17 PM) *
Yes and if you don't agree with 4th Reich, the Lib Dems will burn you ALIVE!!!!!

These 'deviants' must be stamped out and their fields sown with salt for a thousand years. Only language they understand.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Dec 11 2012, 12:29 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Spider @ Dec 10 2012, 10:18 PM) *

I'm not convinced society has degenerated - people have played cruel jokes on others for time immemorial. What has changed is the tendency to demand that new laws be passed to punish ever more trivial 'offences'.

It's obviously a tragedy to the nurses family and friends that she saw fit to end her life, and the Aussie DJ were prats. But I'm not convinced they were entirely to blame for her state of mind. The hospital says that it hadn't disciplined/sacked her or suggested they might - but did they assure her they wouldn't? Or did they leave her to stew, not knowing what the future held? How many reporters were doorstepping her? How many calls did she get trying to wheedle another column inch out of the story.

+Quote Post
Squelchy
post Dec 11 2012, 08:34 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 47

Suicide? Sure. Like we haven't seen before what happens when you upset the Duke of Edinburgh.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Dec 11 2012, 08:51 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Squelchy @ Dec 11 2012, 08:34 AM) *
Suicide? Sure. Like we haven't seen before what happens when you upset the Duke of Edinburgh.

I can see the headlines now. 2 Australian DJ's eaten alive by croc's after 'accidentally' ending up in a croc pen. Bl00dy convicts - that'll teach em.

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Dec 11 2012, 09:51 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

Although the presenter could not foresee the consequences of their actions, the radio station has a bad reputation. They questioned a 14 year old about her sex life and got her to admit she had been raped at 12. They 'raised' money for a disabled child but only put the family in touch with the doners.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Dec 11 2012, 04:59 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Spider @ Dec 10 2012, 10:00 PM) *

What the **** has the Lib-Dems got to do with this? This has nothing to do with a political party's agenda but a moral issue. Unless the Lib-Dems want to take over Britain and create their own squads of automatons to deal with such matters?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Dec 11 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Jayjay @ Dec 11 2012, 09:51 AM) *
Although the presenter could not foresee the consequences of their actions, the radio station has a bad reputation. They questioned a 14 year old about her sex life and got her to admit she had been raped at 12. They 'raised' money for a disabled child but only put the family in touch with the doners.

Yes. And it was the radio station, and not the DJs, who put out the tape.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 11 2012, 05:14 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (GMR @ Dec 11 2012, 04:59 PM) *
What the **** has the Lib-Dems got to do with this? This has nothing to do with a political party's agenda but a moral issue. Unless the Lib-Dems want to take over Britain and create their own squads of automatons to deal with such matters?

Someone getting carried away with party rhetoric! Can see how that could happen, Dave Rendels letter in NWN this week was all about rules and how we are good at keeping them. Spider needs to realise Dave wasn't being serious!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Dec 11 2012, 07:34 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Dec 11 2012, 05:14 PM) *
Someone getting carried away with party rhetoric! Can see how that could happen, Dave Rendels letter in NWN this week was all about rules and how we are good at keeping them. Spider needs to realise Dave wasn't being serious!

Nothing surprises you where the Lib-Dems are concerned. They've got agenda's that they pull out of their sack whenever they feel like it.

+Quote Post
Spider
post Dec 11 2012, 08:16 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Dec 10 2012, 11:17 PM) *

I would imagine that if there are still people out there that believe in the '4th Reich" then they would have all parties to deal with, not just the Lib Dems.

+Quote Post
Spider
post Dec 11 2012, 08:18 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Dec 11 2012, 12:29 AM) *
I'm not convinced society has degenerated - people have played cruel jokes on others for time immemorial. What has changed is the tendency to demand that new laws be passed to punish ever more trivial 'offences'.

It's obviously a tragedy to the nurses family and friends that she saw fit to end her life, and the Aussie DJ were prats. But I'm not convinced they were entirely to blame for her state of mind. The hospital says that it hadn't disciplined/sacked her or suggested they might - but did they assure her they wouldn't? Or did they leave her to stew, not knowing what the future held? How many reporters were doorstepping her? How many calls did she get trying to wheedle another column inch out of the story.

There has always been degenerates within society. It is those people society has to deal with.

It doesn't matter what the nurses state of mind was, what is important is that we must make sure that it never happens again. Maybe stronger legislation might help. Not just looking at the papers but all media.

+Quote Post
Spider
post Dec 11 2012, 08:25 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Dec 11 2012, 05:14 PM) *

David was very serious. Rules are important, but at the same time we must adapt to society and events. We must never put obstacles in the way of success. I know that people have been on their high horse because they had adapted when given the chance to co-govern, but it was something they couldn't refuse if they wanted power. What any party says today maybe is ok for today but circumstances can change what was promised for future events. Power is always the ultimate goal. Without it we can't take the citizens in the right direction.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:18 AM