IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Court Closure, Coalition plan to go ahead with closure despite advice of top judge...
Richard Garvie
post Nov 1 2010, 04:29 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,076

Anyone had a response from our MP on this yet?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 1 2010, 04:50 PM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Nov 1 2010, 04:29 PM) *
Anyone had a response from our MP on this yet?

Not me.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 1 2010, 07:37 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (gel @ Nov 1 2010, 02:32 PM) *
And I note today that Reading parking charges have gone up to £1.50 an hour which will not be reimbursed as a witness or jury member. sad.gif

But there are car parking charges in Newbury.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
gel
post Nov 1 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #44

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 1 2010, 07:37 PM) *
But there are car parking charges in Newbury.

You miss the point.
As most know, you can park in Newbury nearby in Sainsburys, and even paid parking has not
reached the stratospheric levels in Reading.
The walk from Savacentre is not realistic option.

Centralisation is the solution of big centralised Government and er the USSR for example;
the new leadership we have is supposed to be keen on devolving.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Nov 1 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (gel @ Nov 1 2010, 07:59 PM) *
You miss the point.
As most know, you can park in Newbury nearby in Sainsburys, and even paid parking has not
reached the stratospheric levels in Reading.
The walk from Savacentre is not realistic option.

Centralisation is the solution of big centralised Government and er the USSR for example;
the new leadership we have is supposed to be keen on devolving.

Don't think so. If Sainsbury's find this is to the detriment of their own customers guess what will happen; as it would if HMG didn't keep bowing to Tesco and leaving store car parks out of the rate assessment - but that's another thread.

The difficulty with 'centralisation' is that its presented as all or nothing. There is nothing wrong with centralising the administration. That's likely to make that overhead less expensive and more efficient if done properly.

There is no reason why the Court itself couldn't be held in Newbury. Having said that, the arguments made for moving the Magistrates, apply equally well to the other Courts, notably the County Court which migrated some time ago. I don't seem to remember any
issues raised when that happened, or for that matter since. Albeit a civil court, the County Court has just as many 'customers' as the Magistrates.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
user23
post Nov 1 2010, 08:38 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (On the edge @ Nov 1 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Don't think so. If Sainsbury's find this is to the detriment of their own customers guess what will happen;
What will happen?

+Quote Post
Guest_NWNREADER_*
post Nov 3 2010, 09:29 PM
Post #47

Guests

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Nov 1 2010, 04:50 PM) *
Not me.

I have. A rather good one. Very detailed and including copies of corres. with local consultees, and bearing his own handwritten signature. He is also specific that he answers every one of his 200+ contacts every day, and that he has had no contact from R Garvie. Perhaps RG made so many errors in the address the letter went to Beynons in the Market Place?

As far as I am concerned, unless the chap is lying (and he is not in the same league as Tony B Liar in my experience) he is doing what he said he would on behalf of his constituents.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 3 2010, 09:33 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

Hurrah!

+Quote Post
gel
post Nov 3 2010, 10:02 PM
Post #49

Advanced Member

Member No.: 337

QUOTE (user23 @ Nov 1 2010, 08:38 PM) *
What will happen?

They can't withdraw the free parking period, as it was a condition of planning permission.

+Quote Post
user23
post Nov 3 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 50

QUOTE (gel @ Nov 3 2010, 10:02 PM) *
They can't withdraw the free parking period, as it was a condition of planning permission.
Yes, this is true, I don't think OtE realised this though.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 3 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Nov 3 2010, 09:29 PM) *
I have. A rather good one. Very detailed and including copies of corres. with local consultees, and bearing his own handwritten signature. He is also specific that he answers every one of his 200+ contacts every day, and that he has had no contact from R Garvie. Perhaps RG made so many errors in the address the letter went to Beynons in the Market Place?

As far as I am concerned, unless the chap is lying (and he is not in the same league as Tony B Liar in my experience) he is doing what he said he would on behalf of his constituents.

That is exactly what I expected.

I haven't had any correspondance because I'm in the same boat as RG - I haven't written to our MP.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 3 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Nov 3 2010, 10:17 PM) *
That is exactly what I expected. I haven't had any correspondance because I'm in the same boat as RG - I haven't written to our MP.

Why are you so confident that everything NWNREADER and Richard Benyon MP is alleged to have said is true?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 3 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #53

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2010, 10:34 PM) *
Why are you so confident that everything NWNREADER and Richard Benyon MP is alleged to have said is true?

You have to believe one side. Otherwise what is the point of posting?

+Quote Post
Guest_NWNREADER_*
post Nov 3 2010, 10:46 PM
Post #54

Guests

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2010, 10:34 PM) *

You think I lie?
Why on earth would I do that?

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 3 2010, 10:57 PM
Post #55

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Nov 3 2010, 10:37 PM) *
You have to believe one side. Otherwise what is the point of posting?

Hardly a rational approach from someone who often is; or is it the truth that you are prejudiced in this case?

QUOTE (NWNREADER @ Nov 3 2010, 10:46 PM) *
You think I lie? Why on earth would I do that?

Where did I say I think you were lying? I asked dannyboy why he was so ready to believe you over someone else. Indeed, it could be true that you and Richard Benyon are genuine, but his back-room staff are not.

If I or anyone else were to question whether that what someone says is true or not, is not necessarily to call them a liar.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 3 2010, 11:07 PM
Post #56

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2010, 10:57 PM) *
Hardly a rational approach from someone who often is, or is the truth that you are prejudiced in this case?

Where did I say I think you were lying. I asked dannyboy why he was so ready to believe you over someone else.

After a while you get to be able to tell what sounds right & what doesn't.

Sicilians are great liars. The best in the world. I'm Sicilian. My father was the world heavy-weight champion of Sicilian liars. From growing up with him I learned the pantomime. There are seventeen different things a guy can do when he lies to give himself away. A guys got seventeen pantomimes. A woman's got twenty, but a guy's got seventeen... but, if you know them, like you know your own face, they beat lie detectors all to ****. Now, what we got here is a little game of show and tell. You don't wanna show me nothin', but you're tellin me everything. I know you know where they are, so tell me before I do some damage you won't walk away from.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 3 2010, 11:13 PM
Post #57

Advanced Member

Putting your bumph to one side; you might be right about RG, but RG stands to loose a lot if he is pulling a fast one. I suggest you simply have kicked a speculative punt.

So here it is then: Richard Garvie (I notice you've been quiet lately, or turned into GMR tongue.gif ) do you solemnly swear that you have written to Richard Benyon exactly as you have mentioned in this thread?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 3 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #58

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2010, 11:13 PM) *
Putting your bumph to one side; you might be right about RG, but RG stands to loose a lot if he is pulling a fast one. I suggest you simply have kicked a speculative punt.

So here it is then: Richard Garvie (I notice you've been quiet lately, or turned into GMR tongue.gif ) do you solemnly swear that you have written to Richard Benyon exactly as you have mentioned in this thread?

and another thing - RG has a desire to be a politician. They never, ever, ever tell the truth, or at best are economical with it.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Nov 3 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #59

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Nov 3 2010, 11:15 PM) *
and another thing - RG has a desire to be a politician. They never, ever, ever tell the truth, or at best are economical with it.

Yet you immediately (by proxy) believe Richard Benyon's alleged: 'answers every one of his 200+ contacts every day' statement?

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Nov 3 2010, 11:25 PM
Post #60

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Iommi @ Nov 3 2010, 11:18 PM) *
Yet you immediately (by proxy) believe Richard Benyon's alleged: 'answers every one of his 200+ contacts every day' statement?

He answers them, yes. It would be foolish of him, or his staff, not to. Truthfully or not is another question. You'd have to take each Q/A on its merit.
btw - NWN did say unless the chap is lying...

Thing is RG uses 'asked him to meet for a public debate' quite often, knowing that it is a win, win situation. If the meet goes ahead RG can claim the credit, if it does not RG can claim there is something to hide etc etc.
If you call people's bluff too often, you yourself can end up being undone.

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:47 AM