> Benyon: repeal the hunting act to reduce fox's suffering
Andy Capp
post Jun 15 2017, 06:46 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 15 2017, 07:06 PM) *
Or is it? The truth is out there. Still All Hail King of Cord!

Hail no-one, you are twisting the truth.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 15 2017, 08:12 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 15 2017, 07:06 PM) *
Or is it? The truth is out there. Still All Hail King of Cord!

Really? So you think the Countryside Alliance 'bring back hunting brigade' and the LibbyDem 'please let us stay' marches are Commie inspired do you. Might be worth you hitching up with TDH and taking off together. Greece is quite nice, lots of cheap property and used to be very right wing?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jun 15 2017, 08:41 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 15 2017, 09:12 PM) *
Really? So you think the Countryside Alliance 'bring back hunting brigade' and the LibbyDem 'please let us stay' marches are Commie inspired do you. Might be worth you hitching up with TDH and taking off together. Greece is quite nice, lots of cheap property and used to be very right wing?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Greece? Nah. I told you. Bahamas.

I'll leave you to JC and la la land.

GUARANTEE you he will win the GE. I think its great. Im voting for him. I want him to win. 👍

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 15 2017, 10:02 PM
Post #104

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 15 2017, 09:41 PM) *

GUARANTEE you he will win the GE. I think its great. Im voting for him. I want him to win. 👍

I'd be rather more cautious if I were you, I thought entrepreneurs only put money on a certainty. Sure, Labour are likely to win.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 15 2017, 11:16 PM
Post #105

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 15 2017, 07:46 PM) *
Hail no-one, you are twisting the truth.

The truth is the truth. Doesn't need twisting.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 15 2017, 11:20 PM
Post #106

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jun 15 2017, 09:41 PM) *

I'm doing what the yoof of today do, simply look at who's gonna give me the most free stuff, take it and run and stuff everybody else! Its a great system. Labour love it. Perks for the many, not the few! Come on in TDH! The state sponsored waters luvly!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 15 2017, 11:58 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 16 2017, 12:16 AM) *
The truth is the truth. Doesn't need twisting.

Agreed.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 16 2017, 06:44 AM
Post #108

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 16 2017, 12:20 AM) *
I'm doing what the yoof of today do, simply look at who's gonna give me the most free stuff, take it and run and stuff everybody else! Its a great system. Labour love it. Perks for the many, not the few! Come on in TDH! The state sponsored waters luvly!

You ought to get out a little more Charlie boy, not too many 'yoofs' in the Con Club Bar these days. Just check, very little dark hair on show!

Having now risked life and limb at various exhibitions and such like where this 'lost generation' appear in great number, you'd be surprised at what they think. Guess who they believe are the greedy rip off merchants with a sense of entitlement? Their youthful rebellion looks aghast at our generation, who they believe have thrown away opportunity after opportunity because our thought process rarely extends beyond counting how many notes we will get out of the next deal. You'll have no issue with that I'm sure; but remember, they are going to choose what your care home is like. Jeremy Corbyn is simply a herald.

Seriously, there might be just time to cut an run, go whilst you can!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 16 2017, 09:48 AM
Post #109

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 16 2017, 07:44 AM) *
You ought to get out a little more Charlie boy, not too many 'yoofs' in the Con Club Bar these days. Just check, very little dark hair on show!

Having now risked life and limb at various exhibitions and such like where this 'lost generation' appear in great number, you'd be surprised at what they think. Guess who they believe are the greedy rip off merchants with a sense of entitlement? Their youthful rebellion looks aghast at our generation, who they believe have thrown away opportunity after opportunity because our thought process rarely extends beyond counting how many notes we will get out of the next deal. You'll have no issue with that I'm sure; but remember, they are going to choose what your care home is like. Jeremy Corbyn is simply a herald.

Seriously, there might be just time to cut an run, go whilst you can!

Naw mate, look again, what your looking at is a bunch of malcontents. Wait till they've bin to uni, moved up a pay grade or two, got a nice car and started going down the local and bragging about how much more their house is worth now. Look again, what you can see is the next wave of Tories. 🤣. Do you REALLY think there's any thing different this time round ? Every few years this happens, you get someone who promises 'da yoof' the world and they think "it's all gonna be different now! Yippee!" But people always revert to type. Always. They're not interested in 'The many' they're interested in them! What they might get out of it, nothing more. Greed is good, greed drives ambition, greed is what makes us get out of bed, greed is why we want to strive to do better, to provide better things for the family, to get a bigger house, in a nicer area, where the kids feel safer. It's history, sweet and simple. It always happens. Voting Labour is a rite of passage for everyone, then you grow up.
It's like a small child who sees a glittering pebble on a beach, the child screams and kicks it's chubby little legs till it's allowed to crawl over and pick it up, the child picks it up, plays with it, maybe even put it in its mouth. But eventually it's just another pebble, like the rest, the child drops it, loses interest and crawls back. That is young people voting labour, it's a generational​ thing. No sweat. Normal service will be resumed.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 16 2017, 10:47 AM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Greed is not good. Greed is what follows in the wake of necessity. Security is what makes us do the things you say. Greed is why we have waste and why we need regulation.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 16 2017, 10:49 AM
Post #111

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 16 2017, 10:48 AM) *
Naw mate, look again, what your looking at is a bunch of malcontents. Wait till they've bin to uni, moved up a pay grade or two, got a nice car and started going down the local and bragging about how much more their house is worth now. Look again, what you can see is the next wave of Tories. 🤣. Do you REALLY think there's any thing different this time round ? Every few years this happens, you get someone who promises 'da yoof' the world and they think "it's all gonna be different now! Yippee!" But people always revert to type. Always. They're not interested in 'The many' they're interested in them! What they might get out of it, nothing more. Greed is good, greed drives ambition, greed is what makes us get out of bed, greed is why we want to strive to do better, to provide better things for the family, to get a bigger house, in a nicer area, where the kids feel safer. It's history, sweet and simple. It always happens. Voting Labour is a rite of passage for everyone, then you grow up.
It's like a small child who sees a glittering pebble on a beach, the child screams and kicks it's chubby little legs till it's allowed to crawl over and pick it up, the child picks it up, plays with it, maybe even put it in its mouth. But eventually it's just another pebble, like the rest, the child drops it, loses interest and crawls back. That is young people voting labour, it's a generational​ thing. No sweat. Normal service will be resumed.

....so then, where is this better house, nicer area, place where the kids feel safe that greed delivers?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 16 2017, 10:55 AM
Post #112

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jun 16 2017, 11:49 AM) *
....so then, where is this better house, nicer area, place where the kids feel safe that greed delivers?

I can give you a few tips if you like? You know, get you started? 😂

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 16 2017, 11:42 AM
Post #113

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 16 2017, 11:47 AM) *
Greed is not good. Greed is what follows in the wake of necessity. Security is what makes us do the things you say. Greed is why we have waste and why we need regulation.

Is not greed a by product ot Thatcherism ? A doctrine successive governments have tried to emulate since her timely fall from grace .
It is the intrinsic attribute of the species to improve their lot at any cost . If our evolution had been at the same pace as most animals we would still be gathering nuts and being chased by big cats . Maybe we should accept the fact that some will have and some will not as a principal of progression , however unacceptable this may be to most .

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 16 2017, 12:35 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 16 2017, 12:42 PM) *
Is not greed a by product ot Thatcherism ? A doctrine successive governments have tried to emulate since her timely fall from grace .
It is the intrinsic attribute of the species to improve their lot at any cost . If our evolution had been at the same pace as most animals we would still be gathering nuts and being chased by big cats . Maybe we should accept the fact that some will have and some will not as a principal of progression , however unacceptable this may be to most .

No, greed is not a Thatcherite invention; that's a myth. Of course evolution has a part to play, but it would be naive to think that being cash rich proves superiority.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jun 16 2017, 02:11 PM
Post #115

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jun 16 2017, 01:35 PM) *
No, greed is not a Thatcherite invention; that's a myth. Of course evolution has a part to play, but it would be naive to think that being cash rich proves superiority.

Though I can honestly say I am not , nor ever have been, a card carrying deity supporter I do have a soft spot for the adage :-

" If you want to know what god thinks of money take a look at the clowns he gave it to " .

In other words that nonexistent element called luck plays a big part .

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jun 16 2017, 02:48 PM
Post #116

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 16 2017, 11:55 AM) *
I can give you a few tips if you like? You know, get you started? 😂

Err, no need to worry. I'd rather live next door to people with the usual number of fingers thanks! tongue.gif

However, you have given me a great commercial idea to redress the problem landlord issue. It satisfies me and fits your philosophy like a glove.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
blackdog
post Jun 16 2017, 03:09 PM
Post #117

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jun 16 2017, 12:42 PM) *

Greed is nothing new, but Thatcherism (Reaganism/monetarism) does seem to have made it more acceptable and to have done a lot to encourage us to break everything down in monetary terms - now everything has a price if you can figure out a way to exploit it.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jun 16 2017, 03:48 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

QUOTE (blackdog @ Jun 16 2017, 04:09 PM) *
Greed is nothing new, but Thatcherism (Reaganism/monetarism) does seem to have made it more acceptable and to have done a lot to encourage us to break everything down in monetary terms - now everything has a price if you can figure out a way to exploit it.

I never saw it like that. Monetarism is broadly about financial stability. Greed comes from the greedy but gullible providing a money stream for the prudent but sometimes greedy.

+Quote Post
newres
post Jun 16 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #119

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jun 16 2017, 10:48 AM) *

So they are all going to end up reactionary like you? (Great rant by the way).

Just to pick one very large hole in it all, when was the last time that we saw a swing like this to a genuinely left wing party? Look at what happened to Foot, and Corbyn is closer to Benn than to Foot. It's unprecedented. I'm 53 by the way and I started the election assuming I could never vote for Corbyn. As it happens I voted tactically, but he won me over with his sincerity.

The two biggest issues facing this country are Brexit and the fear of Muslims and Corbyn has the right approach to both. The tax hike and the economic risk are a price worth paying in my view.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jun 16 2017, 05:04 PM
Post #120

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Jun 16 2017, 05:19 PM) *
So they are all going to end up reactionary like you? (Great rant by the way).

Just to pick one very large hole in it all, when was the last time that we saw a swing like this to a genuinely left wing party? Look at what happened to Foot, and Corbyn is closer to Benn than to Foot. It's unprecedented. I'm 53 by the way and I started the election assuming I could never vote for Corbyn. As it happens I voted tactically, but he won me over with his sincerity.

The two biggest issues facing this country are Brexit and the fear of Muslims and Corbyn has the right approach to both. The tax hike and the economic risk are a price worth paying in my view.

Except, and this is fairly important, LABOUR LOST! Not enough votes, not enough seats! Losers!.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:09 AM