IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monitoring Drivers Who Break The Bollards, Dealing with bad drivers who gamble against the bollards
Blake
post Sep 22 2009, 01:30 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 75

I feel most indignant that the rising costs of bollard damage are not being met by the insurance companies of these awful drivers.

Also, worth reporting all the antisocial speeders, mobile phone-using drivers and other rule breakers that blight the roads of West Berkshire.

My suggestion is we report the full details of the offenders so appropriate action can be taken using this site:

www.ratethatdriver.co.uk

"Infuriated by road hogs, speeders, weavers and skidders? Annoyed by bad parking, mid-lane phone calls and tailgating? Or impressed by a bastion of the road and chivalry at the wheel? ...Then Rate That Driver is for you! Welcome to the UK's most engaging online resource for rating performance on the road.

Your driver report will remain on the Rate That Driver website forever and can be accessed by anyone, so please make sure it is accurate and truthful."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jacklets
post Sep 22 2009, 02:15 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 97

I have someone to add to it ........ the idiot driving along Essex Street yesterday evening. He was clearly distracted by something in his lap, curious to know what he was up to (yes I did think he might have been "attending to something") I managed to get a closer look (my car was stationery at the traffic lights I hasten to add!) - and could clearly see that he was in fact writing in a notebook at the same time as attempting to drive. He also happened to be approaching the zebra crossing.

Was kind of curious to know what he was writing, as he clearly had a death wish - maybe it was his will.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 22 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

Not sure I like the idea of sites like that. Seems a bit News of the Worldish.

However, a clickable link: www.ratethatdriver.co.uk

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Sep 22 2009, 02:48 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (JeffG @ Sep 22 2009, 03:32 PM) *
Not sure I like the idea of sites like that. Seems a bit News of the Worldish.

However, a clickable link: www.ratethatdriver.co.uk

I checked a copuple of postings on there and it all seemed a little silly.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Hugh Saskin
post Sep 22 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Sep 22 2009, 03:48 PM) *
I checked a copuple of postings on there and it all seemed a little silly.

I agree - a bit naff, really

+Quote Post
Blake
post Sep 22 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 75

Yes, but we can turn that around. We can do better.

The question is, why should we as taxpayers shell out (especially in a recession) for the ineptitude and selfishness of these idiots driving onto the bollards?

We need some real action to close the gap.

+Quote Post
lordtup
post Sep 22 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 164

My immediate concern over naming and shaming these drivers is getting the registration particulars right .

Having a great problem remembering my own car number , I would imagine trying to accurately record a speeding vehicle would be dangerous to say the least , so image the legalities of posting an incorrect one .

I agree totally that their insurance should cough up with regards to bollard damage ( I am quite surprised that it doesn't ).

Once again the lack of police patrol cars allows the perpetrators to continue their cavalier approach to road safety and one can only hope that when they eventually meet their nemesis on the highway no one else is involved .

rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Rem tene verba sequentur

+Quote Post
HJD
post Sep 22 2009, 05:39 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 322

QUOTE (lordtup @ Sep 22 2009, 05:02 PM) *
Once again the lack of police patrol cars allows the perpetrators to continue their cavalier approach to road safety and one can only hope that when they eventually meet their nemesis on the highway no one else is involved .

rolleyes.gif

It would not only have been the driver of the SCHOOL BUS that would have been hurt speeding through Penwood at well over the 40 mph limit yesterday afternoon. angry.gif

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 22 2009, 06:53 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

My immediate concern over naming and shaming these drivers is getting the registration particulars right .

Exactly. There is no redress, unless... I wonder if the Data Protection Act applies to the owners of the database, and whether they are liable for any defamatory (and incorrect) statement made by anyone with access to it?

Reminds me a bit of the News of the World's paedophile witch hunt when they published the wrong photos, or else people who looked a bit like them were targetted. There is no under-estimating the intelligence of the great British public (a case in point being the Welsh doctor whose house was graffitied because she had a plaque outside saying she was a paediatrician blink.gif )

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Sep 22 2009, 07:18 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

The first one I read was about tailgating, the second one was too, and the third.... I think it's bad drivers complaining about what they think is bad driving, no-ones perfect. If you're in sitting in the middle lane and clogging the motorway, you are as bad a driver as the guy overtaking you on the inside. I agree all seems a bit childish.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 22 2009, 07:46 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

Seeing as we are on the subject of bad driving; A couple of weeks ago I saw somebody driving a car while using a mobile phone (in one hand) and with the other had had a can, what looked like, beer. I presume he was steering with his knee. Unfortunately I couldn’t get his number because the car behind was too close to his bumper. But the driver didn't look like he had a care in the world.

+Quote Post
Branston Pickle
post Sep 22 2009, 07:50 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 183

Having a great problem remembering my own car number , I would imagine trying to accurately record a speeding vehicle would be dangerous to say the least , so image the legalities of posting an incorrect one .

I agree totally that their insurance should cough up with regards to bollard damage ( I am quite surprised that it doesn't ).

rolleyes.gif

The other problem with it being that people do change their cars from time to time.

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Sep 22 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 191

This was a report on a good driver

» Posted on 02/04/2009 (Observed on A90)

Very cool driver not like the other ideots on the A90 - flashed me warning of a police camera van, was pretty sexy guy also.

Obviously some very intelligent and knowledgeable types frequent the site.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 23 2009, 10:17 AM
Post #14

Advanced Member

GMR - what's with the horrible-looking Batang font you've been using recently? Or do you need to type a lot in Korean? It hurts my eyes. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Sep 23 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (JeffG @ Sep 23 2009, 11:17 AM) *
GMR - what's with the horrible-looking Batang font you've been using recently? Or do you need to type a lot in Korean? It hurts my eyes. unsure.gif

He's attention seeking again. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GrumblingAgain
post Sep 23 2009, 03:19 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15

QUOTE (Blake @ Sep 22 2009, 02:30 PM) *
Also, worth reporting all the antisocial speeders, mobile phone-using drivers and other rule breakers that blight the roads of West Berkshire.

My suggestion is we report the full details of the offenders so appropriate action can be taken using this site:

www.ratethatdriver.co.uk

Well I will report something, but on here, not that rubbishy site.

Red estate car, reg no K9 or K6 POW or PDW or letters/numbers very similar.

Driver turning right from the Moors road into the Waitrose carpark in Thatcham, not just cutting the corner a bit (I could dismiss that as a minor, although naughty, mistake) but allowing their vehicle to enter carpark access road with all 4 wheels actually on my side of the road. The pig-ignorant, clearly selfish, obviously going too fast and therefore incompetent driver then glares at me for having the cheek to be actually using that bit of road. The fact that I had to stop abruptly to prevent a collision completely missed their eyes.

Next time, I will get evidence and get you prosecuted for dangerous driving.

Any connection made between the registration number mentioned and an actual person is out of my control. I am merely identifying a vehicle, not a person.

+Quote Post
Good Boy Racer
post Sep 23 2009, 04:04 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 22

WOW, i'm not on there... it was to be expected anyway wink.gif

--------------------
"Quick, Hide something that looks like fun!"

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Sep 23 2009, 06:55 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GrumblingAgain @ Sep 23 2009, 04:19 PM) *
Driver turning right from the Moors road into the Waitrose carpark in Thatcham, not just cutting the corner a bit (I could dismiss that as a minor, although naughty, mistake) but allowing their vehicle to enter carpark access road with all 4 wheels actually on my side of the road.

I was trying to work that out and Google Earth'd it to see. From that, I assume you must have been leaving said car park on that road.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Sep 23 2009, 08:23 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Obviously!.....

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 23 2009, 10:44 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

QUOTE (JeffG @ Sep 23 2009, 11:17 AM) *

It is/ was unintentional.... but saying that... what is wrong with it? I use that on my Word. You get fed up with Verdana or Times. Sometimes imaginative text brights things up tongue.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:33 PM