Andy Capp
post Aug 23 2012, 12:37 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Aug 23 2012, 01:35 PM) *
I don't believe I said that.

But if he had, we wouldn't be having this 'conversation'.

The inference was in your post that other country's do it differently, and that they perhaps are more devious in their methods. And not knowing about it doesn't change the prudence employed in his actions.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Squelchy
post Aug 23 2012, 12:53 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (Penelope @ Aug 23 2012, 12:01 PM) *
And would you really trust his judgement when he's behind the controls of an Apache Gunship ??

So because one of the most eligible bachelors on the planet gets nekkid with at least one girl in his bedroom, you think he's more likely look through his gun sights and think " I know, just for sh1t and giggles, I'll fire a few rounds at my own team"

Stop being so prudish.

If it was a R'n'R Vegas party for squaddies with all that that can entail, I'd have been more worried if he'd been photographed in bed at a sensible time reading helicopter manuals. (No 'chopper' jokes please)

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Aug 23 2012, 12:56 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 23 2012, 01:37 PM) *
The inference was in your post that other country's do it differently, and that they perhaps are more devious in their methods. And not knowing about it doesn't change the prudence employed in his actions.

If we didn't know - he would have been prudent.

you said -

What is of more concern here is his and his staff's inability to either not get involved or stop it leaving the hotel. The technical detail of his indiscretion is unimportant, it is the security that surrounds it that would concern me.

Isn't that a wish for a more devious Royal entourage?

You can't have a 'normal' Royal Family. You either have a Royal Family, or you don't bother.

+Quote Post
Baffers100
post Aug 23 2012, 12:59 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,653

I really don't see how this is news. He's a young lad, and like others have said he's on leave from the military. I can't believe the fuss the media are kicking up about this. At the end of the day it was not his choice to be born in to the Royal Family. Yes he has duties, but h is human at the end of the day and by virtue makes mistakes.

To diffuse the situation, maybe we will see more pictures of Kate showing us how many times she is willing to wear one pair of shoes with her expensive outfits, or pictures of moley Pippa's rear!

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Aug 23 2012, 01:19 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

If he was my boy he would hear about it from me. Getting his **** all over the worlds media, should know better.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 23 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dannyboy @ Aug 23 2012, 01:56 PM) *
If we didn't know - he would have been prudent.

No, that's simply being more cautions or diligent. Prudent would have been to have 'made his excuses'.

You said -

What is of more concern here is his and his staff's inability to either not get involved or stop it leaving the hotel. The technical detail of his indiscretion is unimportant, it is the security that surrounds it that would concern me.

Isn't that a wish for a more devious Royal entourage?

No; a more secure one, or better still, a more responsible one.

You can't have a 'normal' Royal Family. You either have a Royal Family, or you don't bother.

Perhaps someone should tell that to Harry and his 'team'. When you are an officer in the army, especially a royal, you have a duty to avoid controversy.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Aug 23 2012, 02:24 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (Penelope @ Aug 23 2012, 02:19 PM) *
If he was my boy he would hear about it from me. Getting his **** all over the worlds media, should know better.

Perhaps his dad ought to have a word with him. wink.gif
Whatever happened to the Captain?tongue.gif dry.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 23 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

Spot on!

Though makes me proud to realise that I live amongst such righteous people - pile of stones over here, anyone want first throw?

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Aug 23 2012, 02:54 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

With the greatest respect, your son could have behaved in exactly the same way. Unless he was famous it would not be all over the front pages and your wouldn't know it had occurred.

+Quote Post
Squelchy
post Aug 23 2012, 03:02 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 47

Should it be pointed out that he hasn't got a mother?

He probably relies on his 'team' preventing untoward 'snaps' being taken. These days with mobile phones that's become more difficult to police.

As for getting his (whatever) all over the worlds media, one has to ask why The Sun felt it so necessary to bring it to our attention that it recreated it's front page picture using stand ins.

Maybe they knew it would wind up the 'tut tut' brigade. (as it seems to have done on here).

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 23 2012, 03:35 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 23 2012, 03:41 PM) *
Though makes me proud to realise that I live amongst such righteous people - pile of stones over here, anyone want first throw?

huh.gif

QUOTE (Squelchy @ Aug 23 2012, 04:02 PM) *
Maybe they knew it would wind up the 'tut tut' brigade. (as it seems to have done on here).

huh.gif

Do he do well: no (I expect the army to censure him).
Do we make the same errors of judgement: yes.
Do we do well when we make those errors of judgement: no.
Am I an officer in the army: no (I don't have the discipline).

+Quote Post
Penelope
post Aug 23 2012, 03:44 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

I just think (and this is my last thought on the matter) that for someone so in the spotlight, under such intense media attention, it was a pretty silly thing to have done. I also think that just perhaps he aught to look again at his friends and associates and perhaps pull his neck in a little.

+Quote Post
Baffers100
post Aug 23 2012, 04:02 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,653

The blonde he was cavorting with was exceptionally attractive. Had I been there (invite lost?) I may have got nekid too. Harry was just doing what lads his age do. All this "if I was his mother" lark... nobody knows everything their kids get up to, and if you do then you need to ease off.

The real blame, should we feel so intent on attributing it, should lie with the security team who were aware of the photos being taken and evidentally did not an awful lot about stopping it.

I wish people would Harry some slack. He did not ask to be born in to this role. He has no need to 'reel his neck in.' Everything he does is scrutinised by the world's media- just look at some of you on here. He must be under a whole stack of pressure to fulfill your ideals of how he should and should not behave. If we want a Royal Family, we should accept them for being humans and people who make mistakes. Glass houses, stones and all that.

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Aug 23 2012, 04:15 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

What happens on tour should stay on tour

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 23 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Baffers100 @ Aug 23 2012, 05:02 PM) *
I wish people would Harry some slack. He did not ask to be born in to this role. He has no need to 'reel his neck in.' Everything he does is scrutinised by the world's media- just look at some of you on here. He must be under a whole stack of pressure to fulfill your ideals of how he should and should not behave. If we want a Royal Family, we should accept them for being humans and people who make mistakes. Glass houses, stones and all that.

Most of us wilfully exceed the speed limit on public roads from time time to time. Does that mean we should all accept it as reasonable behaviour? Of course not, and it is rarely excusable.

Many of us do accept that he/they make mistakes; who isn't, or doesn't (a part from republicans)?

Like I said, if he doesn't want the pressure of being a royal, he could relinquish his being paid from the public purse. This is a part of the deal for being a public figure, they are there to be admired and resented.

If the argument was simply about the behaviour of a young adult misbehaving, then he hasn't done anything in particular that many of us haven't done some time in our lives, but the issue with him is greater than that.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Aug 23 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

Not showing those photos smacks of collusion. It also smacksof similarities between the press and King Edward VIII and Mrs Wally Simpson.This was when the press kept their affair out of the press because of a nod anda wink between the press barons and the Royals. The world has seen those photosand of course we can see them on line (as I have done) so it is absurd that thepress can't now show them. I did hear on the news tonight that a Scottish websitewill show/ or has shown those pictures.

It is agreed that the press had gone too far in recentmonths and years but not showing those pictures after the world got a glimpseof them smacks of jellyfish gutless ineptitude. It seems our press have gonefrom one extreme to a pathetic other extreme.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Aug 23 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 23 2012, 06:25 PM) *
Most of us wilfully exceed the speed limit on public roads from time time to time. Does that mean we should all accept it as reasonable behaviour? Of course not, and it is rarely excusable.

Many of us do accept that he/they make mistakes; who isn't, or doesn't (a part from republicans)?

Like I said, if he doesn't want the pressure of being a royal, he could relinquish his being paid from the public purse. This is a part of the deal for being a public figure, they are there to be admired and resented.

If the argument was simply about the behaviour of a young adult misbehaving, then he hasn't done anything in particular that many of us haven't done some time in our lives, but the issue with him is greater than that.

Sanctimonious drivel

What he was doing was not illegal, not breaking any vows and was not in public. Would the people you trust pull such a vile stunt on you? What's the big deal?

I wholly agreed those who are paid to protect him have been wholly negligent and the press have learned lessons from their recent tribulations.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 23 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Aug 23 2012, 08:06 PM) *
Sanctimonious drivel

Oh yeah, how?

What he was doing was not illegal, not breaking any vows and was not in public. Would the people you trust pull such a vile stunt on you? What's the big deal?

He was in a room that included strangers. He is still an army officer and he is still a royal. However, while this was filmed, one should be careful what one does in front of guests masquerading as friends, who knows what mischief they might want to later reveal: ROYAL RUBBED HIS WILLY UP MY LEG SHOCKER!

I wholly agreed those who are paid to protect him have been wholly negligent and the press have learned lessons from their recent tribulations.

Which has been my main point.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Aug 23 2012, 07:11 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Aug 23 2012, 07:31 PM) *
Not showing those photos smacks of collusion. It also smacksof similarities between the press and King Edward VIII and Mrs Wally Simpson.This was when the press kept their affair out of the press because of a nod anda wink between the press barons and the Royals. The world has seen those photosand of course we can see them on line (as I have done) so it is absurd that thepress can't now show them. I did hear on the news tonight that a Scottish websitewill show/ or has shown those pictures.

It is agreed that the press had gone too far in recentmonths and years but not showing those pictures after the world got a glimpseof them smacks of jellyfish gutless ineptitude. It seems our press have gonefrom one extreme to a pathetic other extreme.

I agree. Like it or not, this is censorship of an international incident.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Aug 23 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Aug 23 2012, 08:11 PM) *
this is censorship of an international incident.

LOL...

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:38 AM