Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> CPR
newres
post Aug 13 2020, 11:51 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,961

I'm going to share something quite personal with you. About 5 weeks ago I had a cardiac arrest just outside of a park in Newbury. I was given CPR immediately and very luckily by a passer by and I believe I was "dead" for about 35 minutes until the fifth shock from a paramedic's defibrillator revived me. I then spent 6 days in a coma in Basingstoke and now have an implanted defibrillator in case it happens again.

History wise, I had a heart attack at 45 but have run 20 miles a week since then, walk, cycle etc and eat healthily.

Today's my 57th birthday and I'm a pretty lucky bloke to be here. Only 8 out of 100 survive a Cardiac Arrest out of hospital.

I'm making a fantastic recovery & thanks to brilliant CPR the oxygen flowed through my body for that 1/2 hour so no after effects at all. No organ damage.

Worth watching the video if you don't know how to do it. One day you might save someone's life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXPo7lNYzk
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
je suis Charlie
post Aug 13 2020, 06:18 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (newres @ Aug 13 2020, 12:51 PM) *
I'm going to share something quite personal with you. About 5 weeks ago I had a cardiac arrest just outside of a park in Newbury. I was given CPR immediately and very luckily by a passer by and I believe I was "dead" for about 35 minutes until the fifth shock from a paramedic's defibrillator revived me. I then spent 6 days in a coma in Basingstoke and now have an implanted defibrillator in case it happens again.

History wise, I had a heart attack at 45 but have run 20 miles a week since then, walk, cycle etc and eat healthily.

Today's my 57th birthday and I'm a pretty lucky bloke to be here. Only 8 out of 100 survive a Cardiac Arrest out of hospital.

I'm making a fantastic recovery & thanks to brilliant CPR the oxygen flowed through my body for that 1/2 hour so no after effects at all. No organ damage.

Worth watching the video if you don't know how to do it. One day you might save someone's life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vXPo7lNYzk

Yay! Well done, you beat the reaper. Now as a fellow survivor I can recommend taking it easy for a bit, less stress, don't follow hopeless causes. Vote Tory and get BREXIT done 🤣

Seriously take it one day at a time, enjoy each and every moment, take more care of yourself and your family and live life to its fullest. You were very, very lucky. Take care.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:07 PM