> CoronaVirus, Nature will find a way
SirWilliam
post Mar 12 2020, 06:24 PM
Post #61

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 12 2020, 02:41 PM) *
So am I... so u can fly from the UK but not Schengen? Guess what's going to happen. Shed loads of infected EU citizens arriving in transit at Heathrow. Yay!

Not hearing much from the "open border" brigade at the moment. See the Irish republic has closed down but Ulster remains on a par with UK mainland, be interesting to see which returns to "normal" earliest.

On a plus, toilet rolls seem to be returning to shelves. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 12 2020, 07:16 PM
Post #62

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 12 2020, 06:24 PM) *
Not hearing much from the "open border" brigade at the moment. See the Irish republic has closed down but Ulster remains on a par with UK mainland, be interesting to see which returns to "normal" earliest.

Our response appears to be akin to that of the Monty Python Black Knight skit... it's only a flesh wound!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 13 2020, 09:40 PM
Post #63

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 12 2020, 06:24 PM) *

Also on the plus side in 9 or 10 months time the NHS is going to be needing a **** of a lot more delivery rooms. No sport. Lockdowns. Baby boom. Will these babies be called Corona's rather than Boomers??🤣

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 14 2020, 04:50 PM
Post #64

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 13 2020, 09:40 PM) *
Also on the plus side in 9 or 10 months time the NHS is going to be needing a **** of a lot more delivery rooms. No sport. Lockdowns. Baby boom. Will these babies be called Corona's rather than Boomers??🤣

No hand shaking, exaggerated kissing or the like in public, but behind closed doors the bunnies are gonna play. Now the BBC do not have to fork out for match of the day can I have my free licence concession back? wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 14 2020, 09:45 PM
Post #65

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 14 2020, 04:50 PM) *
No hand shaking, exaggerated kissing or the like in public, but behind closed doors the bunnies are gonna play. Now the BBC do not have to fork out for match of the day can I have my free licence concession back? wink.gif

On the plus side, motorways are freaking empty!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 14 2020, 11:48 PM
Post #66

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

https://mobile.twitter.com/thejuicemedia/st...667841655541760

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 15 2020, 09:31 AM
Post #67

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 14 2020, 11:48 PM) *

We need serious press releases such as this to ensure the public is fully informed so as to avoid civil unrest due to misinformation. Next step is to prevent the over 70's venturing out. This of course means that those of us in this category will perish from malnutrition but that is a different set of statistics. Least we can laugh about it. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ...........At the moment. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 15 2020, 09:51 AM
Post #68

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 15 2020, 09:31 AM) *
We need serious press releases such as this to ensure the public is fully informed so as to avoid civil unrest due to misinformation. Next step is to prevent the over 70's venturing out. This of course means that those of us in this category will perish from malnutrition but that is a different set of statistics. Least we can laugh about it. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif ...........At the moment. rolleyes.gif

It's all part of the plan. A new generation of babies and cull the old.
Save a ton on pensions and a whole new generation of British fruit pickers...

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 15 2020, 07:02 PM
Post #69

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 15 2020, 09:51 AM) *
It's all part of the plan. A new generation of babies and cull the old.
Save a ton on pensions and a whole new generation of British fruit pickers...

Just watching the news with footage of long queues of shoppers rubbing shoulders with their fellow man. Now assuming that one of those has contracted the virus then all those who are in the immediate vicinity will carry it to the next group of muppets. Then we have a distressed lady who, though at her age she should be better informed, is topping up her bird feeder with bare hands while expressing concern over her position even though she is at more risk from an avian disease such as Chlamydiosis or Salmonella.

Anyway HM government will take care of us......Providing we, (you), are under 69.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 15 2020, 07:17 PM
Post #70

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 15 2020, 07:02 PM) *
Just watching the news with footage of long queues of shoppers rubbing shoulders with their fellow man. Now assuming that one of those has contracted the virus then all those who are in the immediate vicinity will carry it to the next group of muppets. Then we have a distressed lady who, though at her age she should be better informed, is topping up her bird feeder with bare hands while expressing concern over her position even though she is at more risk from an avian disease such as Chlamydiosis or Salmonella.

Anyway HM government will take care of us......Providing we, (you), are under 69.

You forget the bit where you get it before the NHS crashes and burns...cos this is where we will be in 2 weeks. Though all the people blaming the government are living in cloud cuckoo land. If Labour had been in charge of the NHS for the last 10 years we'd still be in the ****. Pandemics are rare and you cant be on standby for them.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 15 2020, 09:52 PM
Post #71

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 15 2020, 07:17 PM) *
You forget the bit where you get it before the NHS crashes and burns...cos this is where we will be in 2 weeks. Though all the people blaming the government are living in cloud cuckoo land. If Labour had been in charge of the NHS for the last 10 years we'd still be in the ****. Pandemics are rare and you cant be on standby for them.

In the immortal words of Private Frazer "We're Doomed"

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 15 2020, 10:30 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 15 2020, 09:52 PM) *

Well 6 percent are and another 14 percent are gonna get very ill.
Still lots of folk will still think it's just the "flu".
Good luck with that.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 16 2020, 07:53 PM
Post #73

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 15 2020, 09:52 PM) *

Worth a read..

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-nhs-...-point-11958542

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 17 2020, 08:37 PM
Post #74

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Feb 1 2020, 08:51 PM) *
Just out of interest, what size tinfoil hat do you take?

My tinfoil hat was well tuned....

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Mar 18 2020, 08:22 AM
Post #75

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

I've been asked to work from home from today onwards. The main thing that I am going to miss is the banter and general cameraderie in the office. Obviously I don't remember wartime but I would imagine that this is what it was like.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 18 2020, 12:50 PM
Post #76

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Mar 18 2020, 08:22 AM) *
I've been asked to work from home from today onwards. The main thing that I am going to miss is the banter and general cameraderie in the office. Obviously I don't remember wartime but I would imagine that this is what it was like.

Yep. Sitting at home with Netflix and a plethora of other entertainment. With home delivery from the supermarkets...just like the war..🤣

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 18 2020, 06:18 PM
Post #77

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Mar 18 2020, 08:22 AM) *

Bit of difference between what is ostensibly a particularly nasty influenza and the might of the luftwaffe trying to bomb you out of existence. Lot of people who do not understand the workings of a virus are causing panic which is not at all helpful.
Best thing to do if you are reasonably fit is to carry on as normal and if you do catch it it will mean a few days in bed but at least you will have immunity if it returns next winter.
Incidentally one of the side effects of air raids was the increase in crime as houses were left empty and even if the the bomb missed it when the occupants returned home they could find their possessions gone.........And no welfare state to assist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
James_Trinder
post Mar 18 2020, 07:57 PM
Post #78

Advanced Member

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 18 2020, 12:50 PM) *
Yep. Sitting at home with Netflix and a plethora of other entertainment. With home delivery from the supermarkets...just like the war..🤣

I don't have Netflix and the supermarkets don't have any delivery slots for the next few weeks but I take your point. I was more referring to the pull together mentality, the Blitz like spirit and the curtailment of individual freedoms for the greater collective good.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 18 2020, 08:50 PM
Post #79

Advanced Member

QUOTE (James_Trinder @ Mar 18 2020, 07:57 PM) *
I don't have Netflix and the supermarkets don't have any delivery slots for the next few weeks but I take your point. I was more referring to the pull together mentality, the Blitz like spirit and the curtailment of individual freedoms for the greater collective good.

I was only joking.. as usual. And get where you are coming from. I have been taken aback a bit by the world response. I'm not quite sure that if only 1% were going to die we would have seen such a huge effort. My guess is they know something we don't.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Mar 18 2020, 10:25 PM
Post #80

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 18 2020, 08:50 PM) *
I have been taken aback a bit by the world response. I'm not quite sure that if only 1% were going to die we would have seen such a huge effort. My guess is they know something we don't.
.......I'm with you there.... ... and it's not tinfoil hattery time.

There's an undercurrent I'm not getting my head around. I really don't get the absolute enormous amounts of national reserves and resources that are being committed to tackling this if it really is a case of "Children don't get it, the healthy may get it but it'll pass in a few days and carry on. Even the fit elderly can contract it without keeling over popping their clogs." The global commitment is astounding. Is the pandemic modelling they're doing showing that there's a second, third or fourth tranche to this virus that will be even worse than the last? If we knew the truth then the panic at the bog roll shelf will be nothing to what might take it's place?

Life as we know it is going to take a very nasty turn over the next months, what with all the self-isolation requests which are going to see businesses big and small fold because of enforced closures and lack of footfall. There's more to this than meets the eye. If it really is the sort of Millennium Bug equivalent which was a lot of expenditure for an Apocalypse that fizzled out like a wet firework as the New Year bells struck then it has already screwed people's lives up.

It's troubling. ..Not that I really want to know if the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are just sorting out their riding gear and about to jump up into the saddle either....

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:16 PM