> CoronaVirus, Nature will find a way
SirWilliam
post Jul 29 2021, 07:29 PM
Post #661

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jul 28 2021, 10:23 PM) *
Well I went into work yesterday for the first time in 9 months. Was rather enjoyable. Got kissed my some very beautiful ladies (it was my birthday) and was really nice to be "normal"...all Covid precautions went out or the window!! Though I may be in trouble for asking the ladies if they needed another "injection"...🤷‍♂️🤣

OMG TDH, have you completely lost your marbles? Not only snogging all and sundry, but making an overtly sexist remark to those members of staff who may be of a sensitive nature. laugh.gif laugh.gif
On the "close coupling" issue, I find myself asking the prospective recipient, (who I may not have seen for a couple of years), of an embrace, their positioning on the matter?
By the time they have decided whether now is an ideal opportunity to play the "virus" card as an excuse to keep me at arms length, or genuinely believe they will die a horrible death if anyone comes within half a mile without wearing full protective clothing, the moment has passed.
So far only Roger, who for some unknown reason has grown his hair long and now wears a dress, has exhibited any lack of inhibition. smile.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jul 29 2021, 07:52 PM
Post #662

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jul 29 2021, 08:29 PM) *
OMG TDH, have you completely lost your marbles? Not only snogging all and sundry, but making an overtly sexist remark to those members of staff who may be of a sensitive nature. laugh.gif laugh.gif
On the "close coupling" issue, I find myself asking the prospective recipient, (who I may not have seen for a couple of years), of an embrace, their positioning on the matter?
By the time they have decided whether now is an ideal opportunity to play the "virus" card as an excuse to keep me at arms length, or genuinely believe they will die a horrible death if anyone comes within half a mile without wearing full protective clothing, the moment has passed.
So far only Roger, who for some unknown reason has grown his hair long and now wears a dress, has exhibited any lack of inhibition. smile.gif

I'm starting back once a week from now on and then moving to 2 to 3 days a week come the end of August. I don't think we will ever go back to the old normal...and work life balance wise that is a good thing. Probably the only good thing to come out of this horrid crisis.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Aug 26 2021, 09:09 PM
Post #663

Advanced Member

Just a quick prediction.

This Winter will be a LOT worse than last.
I expect hundreds of thousands of Covid deaths in the UK alone.

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Aug 29 2021, 09:00 AM
Post #664

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,072

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Aug 26 2021, 10:09 PM) *
Just a quick prediction.

This Winter will be a LOT worse than last.
I expect hundreds of thousands of Covid deaths in the UK alone.

Not exactly a prediction; more a planning assumption. We know about this!

What we didn’t know whilst listening to the noise from the screeching classes was that British management has collapsed in several key areas meaning building, retail foods distribution, etc. would simply sit down.

Yes, the next period will be very challenging indeed and it won’t be cured by a couple of jabs and working from home.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Aug 29 2021, 09:33 AM
Post #665

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Aug 29 2021, 10:00 AM) *
Not exactly a prediction; more a planning assumption. We know about this!

What we didn’t know whilst listening to the noise from the screeching classes was that British management has collapsed in several key areas meaning building, retail foods distribution, etc. would simply sit down.

Yes, the next period will be very challenging indeed and it won’t be cured by a couple of jabs and working from home.

Both succinct and correct Mr Brown.
We have an extremely uneven road in front of us, one that Johnson and his merry band of incompetents will be hard pressed to navigate. We seem to have lost track of the principle that a chain is only as strong of its weakest link, in that companies such as Amazon may well be making billions at the expense of the high street, but with millions potentially becoming either unemployed, or on reduced income, the proletariat's fiscal future looks extremely bleak, and the first casualties will be the pensioners when they wake up to the reality of the arrival of the apocalyptical galloping horseman of inflation.
All this, along with the worst bloody august I can remember,(and that's a few), not helping the wheat harvest one iota, we are in for a rough time.
Still the "gloom goblins" will help by making it impossible to afford to live anyway. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 11 2021, 06:39 PM
Post #666

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Aug 29 2021, 10:33 AM) *
Both succinct and correct Mr Brown.
We have an extremely uneven road in front of us, one that Johnson and his merry band of incompetents will be hard pressed to navigate. We seem to have lost track of the principle that a chain is only as strong of its weakest link, in that companies such as Amazon may well be making billions at the expense of the high street, but with millions potentially becoming either unemployed, or on reduced income, the proletariat's fiscal future looks extremely bleak, and the first casualties will be the pensioners when they wake up to the reality of the arrival of the apocalyptical galloping horseman of inflation.
All this, along with the worst bloody august I can remember,(and that's a few), not helping the wheat harvest one iota, we are in for a rough time.
Still the "gloom goblins" will help by making it impossible to afford to live anyway. rolleyes.gif

Game over chaps. Time to bug out. Hope you are sorted. I'm going on a long trip at sea. #captaintrips Good luck.

+Quote Post
newres
post Sep 12 2021, 05:16 AM
Post #667

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 11 2021, 07:39 PM) *
Game over chaps. Time to bug out. Hope you are sorted. I'm going on a long trip at sea. #captaintrips Good luck.

Are you off cruising?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 12 2021, 05:59 PM
Post #668

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Sep 12 2021, 06:16 AM) *
Are you off cruising?

Got to escape Captain Trips. Good luck.👍🤣

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 13 2021, 07:58 AM
Post #669

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Sep 12 2021, 06:16 AM) *
Are you off cruising?

"Cruising"? Is that a euphemism for driving slowly down northbrook street asking ladies, both young and not so, if they would "like a ride" ?
Or quite simply going over to european mainland on a ferry and returning the quick way on an inflated airbed with a bunch of bearded chaps and thereby bypassing half a dozen pcr tests and saving 3 or 4 hundred quid?

We need to know. angry.gif rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 14 2021, 09:36 PM
Post #670

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 13 2021, 08:58 AM) *
"Cruising"? Is that a euphemism for driving slowly down northbrook street asking ladies, both young and not so, if they would "like a ride" ?
Or quite simply going over to european mainland on a ferry and returning the quick way on an inflated airbed with a bunch of bearded chaps and thereby bypassing half a dozen pcr tests and saving 3 or 4 hundred quid?

We need to know. angry.gif rolleyes.gif

You can buy a lot of body bags with 5 Billion.

https://bidstats.uk/tenders/?q=body+bags

Good luck chaps...

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 16 2021, 12:34 PM
Post #671

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 14 2021, 10:36 PM) *
You can buy a lot of body bags with 5 Billion.

https://bidstats.uk/tenders/?q=body+bags

Good luck chaps...

"Made in China", stamped on the side?
Ain't capitalism wonderful. rolleyes.gif
"We are all going to die!" from the lips of Greta the gloom goblin, may be a little more more accurate than even the most optimistic of fellows can argue. Mind you, the average age will still be over 80. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Sep 21 2021, 09:35 AM
Post #672

Advanced Member

So business as usual for the crem. people! Quite interesting though. Greta and her mates have realised cremation isn’t exactly a ‘green’ approach - uses a lot of fuel and produces a lot of residue. Much better the old, old way. Just drop in deep hole shrouded with basket work. Then you’ll really be greens and might even be served up as such a decade or so later.

Don’t go, TDH, seize the opportunity - good money to be made - meet needs for a tricycle hearse for instance.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 21 2021, 02:14 PM
Post #673

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Sep 21 2021, 10:35 AM) *
So business as usual for the crem. people! Quite interesting though. Greta and her mates have realised cremation isn’t exactly a ‘green’ approach - uses a lot of fuel and produces a lot of residue. Much better the old, old way. Just drop in deep hole shrouded with basket work. Then you’ll really be greens and might even be served up as such a decade or so later.

Don’t go, TDH, seize the opportunity - good money to be made - meet needs for a tricycle hearse for instance.

With the proposed reduction in the conventional production of animal based protein, one would think that the annual count of half a million or so expired humans, could now be put to good use.
Can't speak from experience, but I believe it is not unlike pork, and in a curry could be quite tasty.
"Waste not want not", as they say.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 21 2021, 09:10 PM
Post #674

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 21 2021, 03:14 PM) *
With the proposed reduction in the conventional production of animal based protein, one would think that the annual count of half a million or so expired humans, could now be put to good use.
Can't speak from experience, but I believe it is not unlike pork, and in a curry could be quite tasty.
"Waste not want not", as they say.

Its official. Sir Will turns Cannibal. I'm on a yacht in Maldives. Cant even bloody go on land though. Poxy Red list. Enjoy the Mega Tsunamis...

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 23 2021, 11:30 AM
Post #675

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 21 2021, 10:10 PM) *
Its official. Sir Will turns Cannibal. I'm on a yacht in Maldives. Cant even bloody go on land though. Poxy Red list. Enjoy the Mega Tsunamis...

It's all very well slumming it in the middle of the Indian Ocean TDH, but eventually you will have to return to "blighty" and may well discover a completely different landscape to the one you chose to forsake for personal gratification.
Don't worry though, as our beloved turnip that is presently masquerading as "PM", has everything under control. No heating, no food and no transport, but at least we should be "covid negative" by the year 2037.
Only 16 years to go old chap. rolleyes.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr Brown
post Sep 23 2021, 10:16 PM
Post #676

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 23 2021, 12:30 PM) *
It's all very well slumming it in the middle of the Indian Ocean TDH, but eventually you will have to return to "blighty" and may well discover a completely different landscape to the one you chose to forsake for personal gratification.
Don't worry though, as our beloved turnip that is presently masquerading as "PM", has everything under control. No heating, no food and no transport, but at least we should be "covid negative" by the year 2037.
Only 16 years to go old chap. rolleyes.gif

Don't feel too sorry for TDH Sir William. The boat's hold will be packed to the gunnels with enough stock to start a pub chain. Plus TDH won't take long before he works out some plausible landing scheme! Plus if ever he does deign to return to this Septic Isle, if Thames Water have their way he'll be able to get back to Lake Newbury without getting off his big boat.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 26 2021, 11:52 AM
Post #677

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mr Brown @ Sep 23 2021, 11:16 PM) *
Don't feel too sorry for TDH Sir William. The boat's hold will be packed to the gunnels with enough stock to start a pub chain. Plus TDH won't take long before he works out some plausible landing scheme! Plus if ever he does deign to return to this Septic Isle, if Thames Water have their way he'll be able to get back to Lake Newbury without getting off his big boat.

One can only hope that,
A. TDH's mansion is situated alongside the water with an already constructed jetty. Or,
B. They have, by then, hired a couple of tankers drivers to get him the fuel needed to transport his "hold" to the relative security of said home. dry.gif
Oh, and if he finds an unemployed cauliflower seeking gainful employment, please feel free to offer him one that presently needs filling in Westminster, as the present turnip is beginning to irritate me. angry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 26 2021, 06:38 PM
Post #678

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 26 2021, 12:52 PM) *
One can only hope that,
A. TDH's mansion is situated alongside the water with an already constructed jetty. Or,
B. They have, by then, hired a couple of tankers drivers to get him the fuel needed to transport his "hold" to the relative security of said home. dry.gif
Oh, and if he finds an unemployed cauliflower seeking gainful employment, please feel free to offer him one that presently needs filling in Westminster, as the present turnip is beginning to irritate me. angry.gif

Dont fret Sir Will...just get yourself down to them Broccoli fields.
63k a year to pick Broccoli now in Lincolnshire.👍

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 27 2021, 08:12 AM
Post #679

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 26 2021, 07:38 PM) *
Dont fret Sir Will...just get yourself down to them Broccoli fields.
63k a year to pick Broccoli now in Lincolnshire.👍

Ah the genetically modified brassica that is grown throughout the year. laugh.gif
Not exactly my idea of fun picking sprouts off a frost covered field in the middle of November, but wages is wages, and for a lot of people this could be the answer to offsetting the forthcoming energy costs.
But of course how many people actually give any thought of the process from field to shelf, and like the old acceptance of inner city children not being aware that milk comes from cows, actually care?

Although little doubt HM gov. has everything under control, and all that is needed is a "leak" to some tabloid hack and the empathis will shift to the next "shortage". rolleyes.gif

Start buying mince pies folks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Oct 17 2021, 06:50 PM
Post #680

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 27 2021, 09:12 AM) *
Ah the genetically modified brassica that is grown throughout the year. laugh.gif
Not exactly my idea of fun picking sprouts off a frost covered field in the middle of November, but wages is wages, and for a lot of people this could be the answer to offsetting the forthcoming energy costs.
But of course how many people actually give any thought of the process from field to shelf, and like the old acceptance of inner city children not being aware that milk comes from cows, actually care?

Although little doubt HM gov. has everything under control, and all that is needed is a "leak" to some tabloid hack and the empathis will shift to the next "shortage". rolleyes.gif

Start buying mince pies folks.

Cases in Newbury have ten folded.
Most people are near the end of the 6 month protection from the initial vaccine.
Expect to see thousands of deaths per day soon.

+Quote Post

35 Pages V  « < 32 33 34 35 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:42 AM