IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Curry's in the Retail Park: bad service.
Iommi
post Dec 4 2010, 10:16 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE (GMR @ Dec 4 2010, 09:08 PM) *
OK, thanks for that. It seems personal contact is dying.

In retail, that isn't always a bad thing. The personal touch costs money and the margins are tiny in electrical goods.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Dec 4 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

I note that the US chain Best Buy are now in the UK (and online). They are renown for their customer service.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Dec 4 2010, 10:44 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (Darren @ Dec 4 2010, 02:39 PM) *
Take a trip to Reading and John Lewis.

Good range, prices the same and you get an extended warranty FOC. Plus the Partners know their stuff and will help all the way.

I do like John Lewis. The restaurant in Reading is excellent too.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
Darren
post Dec 4 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

Just a shame their clothing section is like something out of Grace Bros. I half expect Mr Humphries to mince across the floor at any second.

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post Dec 5 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Darren @ Dec 4 2010, 11:18 PM) *
Just a shame their clothing section is like something out of Grace Bros. I half expect Mr Humphries to mince across the floor at any second.

Regular visitor?
rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Darren
post Dec 5 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

I like to pop in and have look around the home and kitchen departments.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Dec 5 2010, 11:41 AM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 33

I've just written a letter and emailed it to them. I'll be interested to see if they reply.

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Dec 5 2010, 11:56 AM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (GMR @ Dec 5 2010, 11:41 AM) *
I've just written a letter and emailed it to them. I'll be interested to see if they reply.

Dear GMR

Thank you for your recent communication about your local branch. We take all comments from customers very seriously and were sorry to hear that on this occasion you found our service was not up to our usual very high standards. We will, of course, take this up with the local management. Thank you for drawing this to our attention. I trust this satisfies your enquiry.

Yours sincerely

Customer Services Manager

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
GMR
post Dec 5 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Dec 5 2010, 11:56 AM) *
Dear GMR

Thank you for your recent communication about your local branch. We take all comments from customers very seriously and were sorry to hear that on this occasion you found our service was not up to our usual very high standards. We will, of course, take this up with the local management. Thank you for drawing this to our attention. I trust this satisfies your enquiry.

Yours sincerely

Customer Services Manager

Well, when I get something I shall post it on here (let us see how close you are).

By the way: also added that I put my concerns up on our local forum as well and it is going well. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Dec 5 2010, 04:07 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

I went into Game Stores in Northbrook Street today and the staff were falling over themselves to help customers, give them advice and help them through the two busy tills as quickly as possible. I had two guys helping me with a question about a PS3 controller which I purchased at only a few bob more than the internet price. The shop was well busy.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Dec 5 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Dec 5 2010, 04:07 PM) *
I went into Game Stores in Northbrook Street today and the staff were falling over themselves to help customers, give them advice and help them through the two busy tills as quickly as possible. I had two guys helping me with a question about a PS3 controller which I purchased at only a few bob more than the internet price. The shop was well busy.

Maybe Curry's could use this as a training exercise in how to draw customers in.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Dec 5 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

There is a bit of a problem here in that in a very competitive market where margins are tight and customers want cheaper prices, in order to survive, stores have to pay their staff a pittance.
This is the result.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Dec 5 2010, 09:59 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Dec 5 2010, 08:45 PM) *
There is a bit of a problem here in that in a very competitive market where margins are tight and customers want cheaper prices, in order to survive, stores have to pay their staff a pittance.
This is the result.

What about pride in your job? As I said in my original post; I went to another store and got excellent service. We must presume that that store also paid their staff the same wages.

+Quote Post
Andy1
post Dec 5 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Member No.: 121

Like Biker1. I would say Richer Sounds in Reading. A bit of a drive but they give the personal touch and they know their stuff.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Dec 5 2010, 11:19 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

A friend of mine was telling me earlier about how badly they were treated in Curry's earlier today. I told them to log on here.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Dec 6 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,076

I would never shop in a DSG Retail owned store again. I once bought a laptop and the wifi card didn't work, and they refused to fix it or replace it. I rang up to complain and was basically told to shove it. I worked in radio back then, so I recorded the call and then played it to the PA of the Chief Execurtive of DSG (who I wasn't allowed to speak to). I did get a handwritten note with vouchers to the value of my purchase, but I'd never shop there again. It just goes to show that most big business only really cares when you have "something on them".

+Quote Post
Rosewinelover
post Dec 6 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 966

Have to agree GMR and others about Currys - bloody awful. I needed a Tumble Dryer, one i could take away that day, and it took about half an hour for anyone to serve me. When they did they had no advice about any of the Dryers. The one/s I wanted were not in stock, so I had to take the most expensive one (what a suprise they keep the most expensive one in stock - they know how important a tumble dryer is to familes!), it then took him ages to get it out the back, and out to my car. Not only was the service bad but my Beko Dryer belt has snapped twice, and the PCB failed - which took 3 service engineers to diagnose this, meaning 3 times I had to have off work. Can't blame Currys for that but just didn't help my feelings towards them. Also....My friend at work has just said they went to buy a tv on Saturday and they had NONE in stock?! Wanted £20 delivery. They ordered it online from somewhere else instead, better price, and FREE delivery.

Can't understand why they have nothing in stock.

I agree about John Lewis, I love that shop. Southampton is my favourite, I usually browse but end up spending a fortune on stuff I don't need. Also, Sainsburys is quite good for electrical items.

Let us know if you get a reply GMR.

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Dec 6 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

QUOTE (GMR @ Dec 5 2010, 09:59 PM) *
What about pride in your job? As I said in my original post; I went to another store and got excellent service. We must presume that that store also paid their staff the same wages.

No, and DSG set horrendous sale targets for up-selling their useless extended warranty.

Game staff have had their minds concentrated a little by the redundancies following the closure of the store in store at Borders. They also tend to be younger and gamers themselves; and do not have the varied product range of DSG. IOW, they know their product inside out.

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Dec 6 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

When I was looking at buying a new plasma I went to Currys on the retail park and was very frustrated with the service and lack of knowledge. I ended up going to Dixons who used to be opposite Camps in town and they were amazingly helpful and had oodles of knowledge on the products they sold. They bent over backwards to help me.

I know that they are also part of DSG but the difference in knowledge and customer service levels was immense. It's such a shame that they are no longer there. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Darren
post Dec 6 2010, 12:44 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Dec 6 2010, 10:51 AM) *
I know that they are also part of DSG but the difference in knowledge and customer service levels was immense. It's such a shame that they are no longer there. sad.gif

They were the other day. blink.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:53 PM