IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Down with the Crown, Now that old Lizzie has popped her clogs, does the pantomime continue?
Strafin
post Sep 13 2022, 12:08 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

With the queen buggering off, and we are now left with Big Ears in charge is there still an appetite to continue the inequality and farcical cost of having a royal family?

Will anyone be protesting at the funeral or the silence on Sunday? Should we be allowed to, now we are having people arrested for daring to ask the question am I safe on here? Actually yes I am. This forum has never had any sort of moderation.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 13 2022, 05:44 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Strafin @ Sep 13 2022, 01:08 PM) *
With the queen buggering off, and we are now left with Big Ears in charge is there still an appetite to continue the inequality and farcical cost of having a royal family?

Will anyone be protesting at the funeral or the silence on Sunday? Should we be allowed to, now we are having people arrested for daring to ask the question am I safe on here? Actually yes I am. This forum has never had any sort of moderation.

Your name is on ze list.😂. Plod will be knocking.

Personally I'm just intensely bored by it all.
Sad yep but the wall to wall 24 hour a day coverage is nauseating and I think will actually put people off the monarchy.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 14 2022, 01:35 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

If I could add my two penneth to this non-debate. Firstly we have been at odds with our monarchs since Offa decided to label himself "king of the english" in the middle of the eighth century. Sometimes we changed them mid-term, (Ricky 2 to Henry 4), Sometimes we chopped their heads off; Charlie 1. Yet we have always returned to the basic principle that a constitutional monarch is preferable to the alternative; for reasons all to obvious.
The point is that if we dispense with them at this juncture in time, what's to say we won't regret it fifty years on? All these vacuous lefties that scream "remove the king, or replace him with a family member they personally approve of, aka a talent show for the top job where we end up with the limp lad from las angeles, should take a couple of hours of their otherwise shallow lives, to read up on our country's history and stop appearing as something with the mental capacity of an amoeba, as it does neither you or the rest of us any credit.
And finally the monarch has no power as such. Yes, we bow and scrape like a sycophantic grey seal, but it is out of respect for the office, not necessarily the person. The real power lies elsewhere.
Rant over and back to insulating the loft with all those old socks that have been accumulating in the drawer since 1963.

ps. Our tame watchdog thinks the shortening of Richard to its more common usage is somehow obscene. laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 14 2022, 09:03 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Sep 14 2022, 02:35 PM) *
If I could add my two penneth to this non-debate. Firstly we have been at odds with our monarchs since Offa decided to label himself "king of the english" in the middle of the eighth century. Sometimes we changed them mid-term, (Ricky 2 to Henry 4), Sometimes we chopped their heads off; Charlie 1. Yet we have always returned to the basic principle that a constitutional monarch is preferable to the alternative; for reasons all to obvious.
The point is that if we dispense with them at this juncture in time, what's to say we won't regret it fifty years on? All these vacuous lefties that scream "remove the king, or replace him with a family member they personally approve of, aka a talent show for the top job where we end up with the limp lad from las angeles, should take a couple of hours of their otherwise shallow lives, to read up on our country's history and stop appearing as something with the mental capacity of an amoeba, as it does neither you or the rest of us any credit.
And finally the monarch has no power as such. Yes, we bow and scrape like a sycophantic grey seal, but it is out of respect for the office, not necessarily the person. The real power lies elsewhere.
Rant over and back to insulating the loft with all those old socks that have been accumulating in the drawer since 1963.

ps. Our tame watchdog thinks the shortening of Richard to its more common usage is somehow obscene. laugh.gif laugh.gif

I would have liked to have seen a President "Boris". Would have been feckin hilarious. Outrage x 5000.😂

+Quote Post
regor
post Sep 15 2022, 06:32 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 236

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 14 2022, 10:03 PM) *
I would have liked to have seen a President "Boris". Would have been feckin hilarious. Outrage x 5000.😂

I would just like to say that I, and my wife, are thoroughly bored with the non stop coverage, and driven to distraction trying to find TV programme we want watch as they move channels, times and even disappear completely.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Sep 15 2022, 10:33 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 14 2022, 10:03 PM) *

President Boris? The clown ruined our country by being no more than the head of a "collective" government. Only the almighty would speculate on the mess we would have been in had he complete control.
No, let's put that part of our history to "bed" and concentrate on serious politics from now on.

With regards to comments in respect of media "saturation"; if it had been low key then the criticism would have flowed from the other camp.
Oh, and my radio has that modern function called "an off switch". dry.gif dry.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Sep 27 2022, 09:36 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

QUOTE (regor @ Sep 15 2022, 07:32 AM) *
I would just like to say that I, and my wife, are thoroughly bored with the non stop coverage, and driven to distraction trying to find TV programme we want watch as they move channels, times and even disappear completely.

So sorry that the death of a beloved head of state and displays of national grief has in anyway interrupted your viewing schedule.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Oct 9 2022, 11:50 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Sep 27 2022, 10:36 PM) *
So sorry that the death of a beloved head of state and displays of national grief has in anyway interrupted your viewing schedule.
It interrupted everyones.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Oct 12 2022, 02:16 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (Strafin @ Oct 9 2022, 11:50 PM) *
It interrupted everyones.

Not if your intention was to watch the funeral.

So, there's that.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:13 AM