> It was just a matter of time.
je suis Charlie
post Mar 6 2019, 03:02 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,530

https://www.evo.co.uk/news/22326/mandatory-...hin-three-years

Probably to be supplied with a self printing speed fine. Shake that money maker baby!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
newres
post Mar 6 2019, 03:23 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 6 2019, 03:02 PM) *
https://www.evo.co.uk/news/22326/mandatory-...hin-three-years

Probably to be supplied with a self printing speed fine. Shake that money maker baby!

Only a proposal at the moment. Around town I am pretty rigid with speed limits in towns but I tend to hammer along motorways.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 6 2019, 03:28 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Mar 6 2019, 03:23 PM) *
Only a proposal at the moment. Around town I am pretty rigid with speed limits in towns but I tend to hammer along motorways.

It'll happen. We can all be perfect little euro drones in our perfect little plastic euro milk floats.

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 6 2019, 06:35 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

Could never understand the point of buying a family hatchback which is to be used on UK roads only that is capable of doing over 100mph. Now I am not naive enough to not recognise it is a little more complex than just top speed but either reduce engine power or increase motorway limit. Anyone who has driven a vehicle that is governed will appreciate the frustration of those following who wish to go faster, so imagine the carnage when half the vehicles on the road are restricted and the rest still bombing along.

But of course if it is an EU directive. cool.gif cool.gif cool.gif

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Mar 6 2019, 07:17 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 6 2019, 03:28 PM) *
It'll happen. We can all be perfect little euro drones in our perfect little plastic euro milk floats.

Also available in beige. For people who like porridge.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 6 2019, 10:17 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Mar 6 2019, 07:17 PM) *
Also available in beige. For people who like porridge.

Do I want to have the choice to speed? Yes.
Will I. No.
If you take away all choices in life then we will end up in 1984.
Gambling, Cigarettes and alcohol will be next.
Fook that.
What a boring sad world.

+Quote Post
spartacus
post Mar 7 2019, 12:35 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 221

On the plus side, any scrote who decides to nick a brand new motor will be easier for the coppers to catch - assuming the cop cars also aren't limited to 30mph when they're trying to have an exciting car chase through residential areas because their limited can't be overridden...

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 7 2019, 08:41 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (spartacus @ Mar 7 2019, 12:35 AM) *
On the plus side, any scrote who decides to nick a brand new motor will be easier for the coppers to catch - assuming the cop cars also aren't limited to 30mph when they're trying to have an exciting car chase through residential areas because their limited can't be overridden...

Keystone cops revisited? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Mar 7 2019, 09:00 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

How long before a bypass kit is available on ebay? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 7 2019, 10:33 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Mar 7 2019, 09:00 AM) *
How long before a bypass kit is available on ebay? rolleyes.gif

Another post brexit business opportunity. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Berkshirelad
post Mar 7 2019, 04:19 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 271

Since this isn't yet European law, we won't have to abide by it anyway since we will be out of the EU by the time it is...

Also, Biker1 is absolutely correct. The necessary software patches would soon be available. Not sure how the Germans are going to take to it as they still have kilometres of unrestricted autobahn - although there is already a 'voluntary' limit amongst large manufacturers to set the limiter at 155 mph.

and it is very sloppy reporting anyway. MEPs can only affect EU law, not European law.

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Mar 8 2019, 10:04 AM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (Berkshirelad @ Mar 7 2019, 04:19 PM) *
Since this isn't yet European law, we won't have to abide by it anyway since we will be out of the EU by the time it is...

Also, Biker1 is absolutely correct. The necessary software patches would soon be available. Not sure how the Germans are going to take to it as they still have kilometres of unrestricted autobahn - although there is already a 'voluntary' limit amongst large manufacturers to set the limiter at 155 mph.

and it is very sloppy reporting anyway. MEPs can only affect EU law, not European law.

No limit, no limiter, seems straightforward enough.

We should be aiming for all road cars to be self driving, automated taxis anyway. We won't need to worry then. We can all have track cars instead and have our fun there!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Mar 8 2019, 11:32 AM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Yup!

Directive 2016/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2016 on new vehicles, amending Council Directive 14/13/EEC and Directive 2002/44/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and repealing Council Directive98/577/EEC and Directive 09/7/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council Text with EEA relevance.

From 2025 all new motor vehicles produced for the use of private citizens within the EU, its subscribing territories and partners will, as from April 1st of this date be subject to the following standards.

All new vehicles will be powered by consumer replaceable carbon zinc power cells.

All new vehicles will be manufactured using NO LESS than 85% open cell foam material.

All new vehicles will be capable of attaining speeds (subject to local restrictions) NO MORE than 42kph.

All new vehicles manufactured or imported into [the zone] will be available in either beige or taupe.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 8 2019, 02:00 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Mar 8 2019, 11:32 AM) *
Yup!

Directive 2016/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 October 2016 on new vehicles, amending Council Directive 14/13/EEC and Directive 2002/44/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council and repealing Council Directive98/577/EEC and Directive 09/7/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council Text with EEA relevance.

From 2025 all new motor vehicles produced for the use of private citizens within the EU, its subscribing territories and partners will, as from April 1st of this date be subject to the following standards.

All new vehicles will be powered by consumer replaceable carbon zinc power cells.

All new vehicles will be manufactured using NO LESS than 85% open cell foam material.

All new vehicles will be capable of attaining speeds (subject to local restrictions) NO MORE than 42kph.

All new vehicles manufactured or imported into [the zone] will be available in either beige or taupe.

Those who honed their first driving experience on the fairground dodgems will be in their element reliving life as a 5 year old.
Can't wait to see the current Audi driver, (useless drivers of other manufacturers products are not exempt), having to trundle along at the same speed as a bike. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Mar 8 2019, 02:41 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Ah, the good old days, even in La Belle France speed is restricted and monitored, speed humps designed to part the suspension from the chassis at any speed over 15kph, speed cameras fitted to civilian cars, the removal of speed camera warnings, it's just not cricket.
How I miss the golden days of my youth, careering through sleepy French villages in the jolly ole roadster with a bottle of Moet in one hand while puffing gently on a Romeo y Julieta, a rooster tail of white dust in my wake slowly settling over the inhabitants, scattering chickens and small children from under the front wheels, leaving behind only the smell of fried hydrocarbons with a hint of Castrol R and the diminishing sound of the jolly old horn tootling with gusto.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Mar 8 2019, 06:24 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Turin Machine @ Mar 8 2019, 02:41 PM) *
Ah, the good old days, even in La Belle France speed is restricted and monitored, speed humps designed to part the suspension from the chassis at any speed over 15kph, speed cameras fitted to civilian cars, the removal of speed camera warnings, it's just not cricket.
How I miss the golden days of my youth, careering through sleepy French villages in the jolly ole roadster with a bottle of Moet in one hand while puffing gently on a Romeo y Julieta, a rooster tail of white dust in my wake slowly settling over the inhabitants, scattering chickens and small children from under the front wheels, leaving behind only the smell of fried hydrocarbons with a hint of Castrol R and the diminishing sound of the jolly old horn tootling with gusto.

Oh halcyon days. Doubt today's generation will wax lyrical over a computer game in their middle age. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
newres
post Mar 8 2019, 10:07 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,961

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Mar 8 2019, 06:24 PM) *
Oh halcyon days. Doubt today's generation will wax lyrical over a computer game in their middle age. cool.gif

No, but they might about their cars. Anyway, I assumed TM was in his Autumn years, not middle aged.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 8 2019, 10:41 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

QUOTE (newres @ Mar 8 2019, 10:07 PM) *
No, but they might about their cars. Anyway, I assumed TM was in his Autumn years, not middle aged.

Never assume anything. I am in my 40s. Anyone else???

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Mar 8 2019, 11:03 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Mar 8 2019, 10:41 PM) *
Never assume anything. I am in my 40s. Anyone else???

56. Still firmly in my prime.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Mar 8 2019, 11:29 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Mar 8 2019, 11:03 PM) *
56. Still firmly in my prime.

Waits for newres to admit being 11...🤣

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:50 PM