> Greece / Spain / Italy
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 21 2012, 03:51 PM
Post #81

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 60

QUOTE (dannyboy @ May 21 2012, 04:47 PM) *
You mean 1 billion dead other than yourself? How thoughtful of you.

Nah - You can include me if you like. As long as I sneezed on you. tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Penelope
post May 21 2012, 04:00 PM
Post #82

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,392

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 21 2012, 04:51 PM) *
Nah - You can include me if you like. As long as I sneezed on you. tongue.gif

Now now, play nicely boys.

+Quote Post
Newbelly
post May 21 2012, 04:10 PM
Post #83

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,669

If I can begin to steer things back to topic....

An ageing population is a huge issue for us, but also for China where their "1 baby" policy is leaving them with a huge care issue. I saw the other day (on a TV programme) that there are c.100,000 people employed as "carers" in China, estimates suggest they need 10 Million. blink.gif

Back in Europe, what legacy is being left to the young? Is not that all the more reason that we get things sorted now and not simply pass on the debt?

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 21 2012, 04:13 PM
Post #84

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Pianka

"I believe it is only a matter of time until microbes once again assert control over our population, since we are unwilling to control it ourselves. This idea has been espoused by ecologists for at least four decades and is nothing new. People just don't want to hear it... I do not bear any ill will toward humanity. However, I am convinced that the world WOULD clearly be much better off without so many of us... We need to make a transition to a sustainable world. If we don't, nature is going to do it for us in ways of her own choosing. By definition, these ways will not be ours and they won't be much fun. Think about that."

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post May 21 2012, 07:48 PM
Post #85

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 21 2012, 05:13 PM) *
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Pianka

"I believe it is only a matter of time until microbes once again assert control over our population, since we are unwilling to control it ourselves. This idea has been espoused by ecologists for at least four decades and is nothing new. People just don't want to hear it... I do not bear any ill will toward humanity. However, I am convinced that the world WOULD clearly be much better off without so many of us... We need to make a transition to a sustainable world. If we don't, nature is going to do it for us in ways of her own choosing. By definition, these ways will not be ours and they won't be much fun. Think about that."

Nature always seems to find a way to control a species that gets out of control. Mother nature develops a new strain of something that lives off of the species that is getting out of control. Virus or bacteria will control the humans species one way or another I suspect, if lobbing nuclear missiles at one another doesn't do it first of course? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:14 AM