Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skimming machine found on ATM
Andrea
post May 21 2009, 04:15 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

In reference to the story about the skimming machine found this weekend on a Barclays ATM, I was just wondering if Thames Valley Police knows how long it had been there for? Myself and a few of my friends had used the machine on Friday.

Also, just mentioned it to a co-worker of mine and he mentioned that the ATM outside the BP by the Business Park looked as though the pin pad area had been lifted up. Perhaps several ATM's have been hit? Keep your eyes open!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Simon
post May 22 2009, 09:40 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18

How does someone manage to actually attach a machine to the barclays cash machine when it is in the middle of town surrounded by CCTV? What are the banks doing to protect us? Can they not check their cash machines each morning to see if they have been tampered with? Surely it will cost them more money in the long run recovering peoples money than it would monitoring their machines better?

I believe that any bank/shop/location that has a cash machine has a duty of care to its customers to check the machines daily

--------------------
If I ruled the world.......

+Quote Post
Jolie
post May 23 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 83

I think you have a good point there Simon. Surely all banks owe its customers that bit of assurance that their money is safe with them

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:29 AM