IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WBC put a six month termination notice in their two year lease, sneakey bleeders
On the edge
post Aug 4 2016, 06:57 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 98

QUOTE (Lolly @ Aug 4 2016, 12:14 PM) *
My gut feeling is that WBC didn't plan their development very well and/or thought that they could get around the NPPF policy regarding protection of playing fields without providing reasonable alternative provision.

https://www.sportengland.org/facilities-pla...ning-for-sport/

Otherwise there's a time limit on commencing development on land that is being used ( or has previously been used) as a playing field and I think that's the crux of the issue here - I don't imagine the developers will want any timing restrictions on how they implement their planning permission. I imagine this would be highlighted in the agreement between the developer & WBC.

My personal opinion is that it's a real shame that redevelopment of the Football club, perhaps with additional sports facilities couldn't have been built into the development plans. It seems like a wasted opportunity - I'm sure on site sports facilities would be a selling point to residents of the proposed new flats & employees at the new business/retail facilities.

Totally agree! Just a little thought and what they think is a lemon could have been lemonade.

--------------------
Know your place!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:51 PM