Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chavghanistan!
Strafin
post Sep 24 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #101

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 55

I went past the incident, once everything had calmed down, took me a while though because one of the idiots had parked their car diagonally half across a disabled space and half in the road. Not one of the drunks, sadly but one of the constabulary.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roost
post Sep 25 2010, 03:05 PM
Post #102

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (Strafin @ Sep 24 2010, 08:54 PM) *
I went past the incident, once everything had calmed down, took me a while though because one of the idiots had parked their car diagonally half across a disabled space and half in the road. Not one of the drunks, sadly but one of the constabulary.

I'm assuming that the incident was treated as an emergency (yes it is just an assumption as I don't know what the incident was), in which case would you rather that the "idiot" had taken the time to carefully select the nearest parking bay and park accordingly?

I can hear it now when they come out to the next assault. "Sorry sir / madam that I couldn't get here in time but took me ages to find a suitable parking space that didn't inconvenience somebody".

Ok that is of course assuming that they even turn up....!

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
Strafin
post Sep 25 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #103

Advanced Member

Member No.: 55

Yes I do, if possible, there was 2 empty spaces, and he drove sideways against the kerb and left it there. If it was an emergency he should have moved it afterwards. When I went by all the traffic in one direction had to stop because a coach was trying to get past, and the copper was just standing chatting to someone watching.

+Quote Post
gardeb
post Sep 26 2010, 06:23 PM
Post #104

Member No.: 570

QUOTE (Strafin @ Sep 24 2010, 08:54 PM) *

Unbelievable !!
Lucky the parking wardens weren't there or he would have got a ticket as well.
Perhaps a complaint to the Chief Constable is warranted !!

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Sep 27 2010, 10:15 AM
Post #105

Advanced Member

Member No.: 19

Have noticed over the last couple of weeks that a few of our lovely town drunks are now positioning themselves outside Rio's to catch the early morning commuters walking to the station. Today I was asked for 20p, I politely decined and carried on my way but behind me I heard one of them say to the other "What's up with people this morning?" if I were the confrontational type I would have liked to turn round and explain to him in some detail what is up with asking people for money but I am not so quietly carried on my way to work.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 27 2010, 10:53 AM
Post #106

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Sep 27 2010, 11:15 AM) *
Have noticed over the last couple of weeks that a few of our lovely town drunks are now positioning themselves outside Rio's to catch the early morning commuters walking to the station. Today I was asked for 20p, I politely decined and carried on my way but behind me I heard one of them say to the other "What's up with people this morning?" if I were the confrontational type I would have liked to turn round and explain to him in some detail what is up with asking people for money but I am not so quietly carried on my way to work.

Tut Tut Gumbo. I thought thats why we worked. To give the town drunks money so they can buy Special Brew in the morning and then shout abuse at us when drunk when we are on the way home after work.

By the way - the girl in the incident the other night had razor blades in her mouth. She should obviously be sectioned as she is a danger to her self and possibly others.

+Quote Post
pinkfluffyclouds
post Sep 27 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #107

Advanced Member

Member No.: 881

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 27 2010, 11:53 AM) *
By the way - the girl in the incident the other night had razor blades in her mouth. She should obviously be sectioned as she is a danger to her self and possibly others.

Good job she had the Special Brew to get them down with they can be hellish to swallow !!!! Of course she won't get sectioned where would they put her.... back out on the streets - care in the community....

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Sep 27 2010, 03:18 PM
Post #108

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 27 2010, 11:53 AM) *
Tut Tut Gumbo. I thought thats why we worked. To give the town drunks money so they can buy Special Brew in the morning and then shout abuse at us when drunk when we are on the way home after work.

What annoys me about myself is that I said 'no sorry' when in my head I said something totally different which would no doubt get my post deleted smile.gif

Still not sure what the solution is to this problem, obviously these people have some deep rooted issues and probably a trouble life but sometimes I feel like the American General characther that Kenny Everett once did on his television show. Apologies to those too young to remember but feel free to google the words '"round them up, put them in a field and" to get what I am on about.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 27 2010, 03:44 PM
Post #109

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Sep 27 2010, 04:18 PM) *
What annoys me about myself is that I said 'no sorry' when in my head I said something totally different which would no doubt get my post deleted smile.gif

Still not sure what the solution is to this problem, obviously these people have some deep rooted issues and probably a trouble life but sometimes I feel like the American General characther that Kenny Everett once did on his television show. Apologies to those too young to remember but feel free to google the words '"round them up, put them in a field and" to get what I am on about.

Sounds like a waste of bullets to me! wink.gif

+Quote Post
x2lls
post Sep 28 2010, 10:17 AM
Post #110

Advanced Member

Member No.: 511

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 27 2010, 04:44 PM) *

Thought this very apt!!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=902_1285537465

laugh.gif

--------------------
There their, loose loser!

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post Sep 28 2010, 10:26 AM
Post #111

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 27 2010, 04:44 PM) *

Bombs, it would be a waste of bombs.....

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Sep 28 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #112

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,076

This is why licensing teams need to stop putting resources into entrapment techniques with local venues and target the retailers. Ban these people from consuming alcohol within a set area (asbo?) then find out where these people are getting their alcohol and close the shops down. This has gone far enough.

With regards to premises, focus efforts on tracing trouble back to venues who have allowed them to get smashed, with even tougher penalties for venues that discount alcohol.

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Sep 28 2010, 11:47 AM
Post #113

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Sep 28 2010, 12:25 PM) *
This is why licensing teams need to stop putting resources into entrapment techniques with local venues and target the retailers. Ban these people from consuming alcohol within a set area (asbo?) then find out where these people are getting their alcohol and close the shops down. This has gone far enough.

With regards to premises, focus efforts on tracing trouble back to venues who have allowed them to get smashed, with even tougher penalties for venues that discount alcohol.

As I have previously stated I think giving all or a proportion of these people's benefits in vouchers that could only be redemmed for food and clothing would go some way to reduce this problem as well.

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Sep 28 2010, 12:00 PM
Post #114

Advanced Member

I'm sure they would have some kind of legal argument under human rights, but I love the idea.

+Quote Post
Gumbo
post Sep 28 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #115

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Richard Garvie @ Sep 28 2010, 01:00 PM) *
I'm sure they would have some kind of legal argument under human rights, but I love the idea.

You have to be kidding me! They spend all their day getting pi$$ed using mainly money from benefit that the majority of society suppliment by going out to work and then when the average person in the straight says "hold on a minute that doesn't seem right" and suggests a possile alternative it is thrown out because it would be infringing the pi$$ heads human rights!! seriously this is why this country is on its knees!

+Quote Post
Richard Garvie
post Sep 28 2010, 12:17 PM
Post #116

Advanced Member

You are totally right. Part of the joys of belonging to Europe!!!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Sep 28 2010, 01:59 PM
Post #117

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Gumbo @ Sep 28 2010, 12:47 PM) *
As I have previously stated I think giving all or a proportion of these people's benefits in vouchers that could only be redemmed for food and clothing would go some way to reduce this problem as well.

I could not agree more. I caught one woman in front of me in the shop in Pound St trying to swop milk tokens (whatever they are?) for Special Brew. And another one was trying to fence what was obviously stolen goods for the Brew. blink.gif

+Quote Post
Brad
post Sep 28 2010, 02:24 PM
Post #118

Advanced Member

Member No.: 954

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Sep 28 2010, 02:59 PM) *
I could not agree more. I caught one woman in front of me in the shop in Pound St trying to swop milk tokens (whatever they are?) for Special Brew. And another one was trying to fence what was obviously stolen goods for the Brew. blink.gif

I think this "special brew" should be banned, it's likened to a parasite sit's on the brain and turns its drinkers into work shy, lazy, aggressive scumbags.

+Quote Post
Iommi
post Sep 28 2010, 02:47 PM
Post #119

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

I'm happy to pay this small subsidy so that people are kept in a dazed state, preventing them from becoming competition for me in the employment market! tongue.gif

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:17 AM