GMR
post Sep 30 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Sep 30 2009, 02:05 PM) *
Hi GMR and Co.

Sorry I have not responded but been tired and unwell. sad.gif I was referring to the fact that you (GMR) had mentioned your own problems again and how you have been a victim and Ossy said "wow hold on!! you were talking about ASB and now your relating my comment to being a victim of crime which is totally different" and "missed the bit when the thread turned into being about you" and it seemed to fit in with you and your post as well as Bloggo's.

Sorry if I got it wrong. Can't tell if I am wrong or right at the moment. Going back to bed I think and I'll get out of the other side and see if things get better. laugh.gif

What is the 'co' bit for?

This thread – if you read the main topic – is about 'yobos'. So I thought I would contribute, as it concerns problems I was having with 'yobos'. Are you now saying we are not allowed to mention personal issues on here (more so if they are related to the topic)?

My reply about the problems I was having was in response to Bloggo who happened to mention the problems he was having.

So you are saying Bloggo and I shouldn't have mentioned our situation; ok, I apologise.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Sep 30 2009, 01:51 PM
Post #42

Guests

I think you've responded to the wrong post there GMR laugh.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 30 2009, 01:53 PM
Post #43

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Sep 30 2009, 02:51 PM) *
I think you've responded to the wrong post there GMR laugh.gif

Thanks, I've sorted it.

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Sep 30 2009, 01:58 PM
Post #44

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 30 2009, 02:53 PM) *
Thanks, I've sorted it.

Now you've corrected it my post looks foolish, not for the 1st time though eh? wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 30 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #45

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Sep 30 2009, 02:58 PM) *
Now you've corrected it my post looks foolish, not for the 1st time though eh? wink.gif

Not really because I thanked you; so people will know that there was a problem and I sorted it.... so again, thanks. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 30 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #46

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 29 2009, 12:27 PM) *
I must also say that I am also a victim of crime/ anti social behaviour. At the moment I've got the local police and a PCSO trying to sort it out.

I have to ask GMR are you sure that they are not making a counter allegation against you for anti-social behaviour? dry.gif

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 30 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #47

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Sep 30 2009, 02:22 PM) *
Get well soon Chesapeake!

The above was a really kind thought Bill and I thank you for your gentlemanly compassion. wub.gif

Manners Maketh Man (William of Wykeham Chancellor of England and Founder of Winchester College and New College, Oxford)

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Sep 30 2009, 06:48 PM
Post #48

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

http://www.policeoracle.com/news/Blame-The...Know_20375.html

Now this is a good peice of writing and just about sums it up.

+Quote Post
Guest_Newbury Expat_*
post Sep 30 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #49

Guests

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Sep 30 2009, 11:48 AM) *
http://www.policeoracle.com/news/Blame-The...Know_20375.html

Now this is a good peice of writing and just about sums it up.

Interesting article, thanks Ossy.

Certainly it's a sad indictment on society that the culture of blame is to pin problems on the police and all the time take away the means for them to do their job. Of course the media and politicians will never take any form of responsibility and as it can never be an individuals fault any more, it leads to unnecessary pillorizing of an important institution.

My experience of 'the law' over here is a little different I guess. At my local Starbucks we often get 4 or 5 deputies and sherriffs grabbing a drink and a table for a bit. As a result they are present in the community, know many of their public by face and name and present a human face beyond the badge (and of course the gun). It's rare to see any of the local yobs disrespect them to their face (how much that is due to the gun I'm not sure tongue.gif ).

That they are afforded the time to take breaks in public together without being accused of wasting public money is a big part of this. When I read about similar breaks in the UK it's been inclusive of such a reference to 'waste' - I think even on these forums people have suggested that it's unreasonable for them to get a bite to eat while on duty!!

You can't ask/expect the police to be present in the community and yet deny them the opportunity to participate in community activities such as grabbing a coffee. Little thing, sure, but it all adds up.

+Quote Post
Darren
post Sep 30 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #50

Advanced Member

Member No.: 61

My experience of 'the law' over here is a little different I guess. At my local Starbucks we often get 4 or 5 deputies and sherriffs grabbing a drink and a table for a bit. As a result they are present in the community, know many of their public by face and name and present a human face beyond the badge (and of course the gun). It's rare to see any of the local yobs disrespect them to their face (how much that is due to the gun I'm not sure ).

Very interesting point.

If the police did that in the UK, can you imagine the fuss.

"Haven't you got any murderers/rapists/child molesters to catch!"

Watching C.O.P.S. does show that the US police have a lot less disrespect from the the locals. Lots of "Yes Sir, No Sir"

I think even on these forums people have suggested that it's unreasonable for them to get a bite to eat while on duty!!
Maybe not on here, but there is a view from the public that eating is somehow not allowed.

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post Sep 30 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #51

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

QUOTE (Sarah @ Sep 28 2009, 09:13 AM) *
Not sure on this but I seem to remember reading that this has been the policy since 1998. unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Oct 1 2009, 06:15 PM
Post #52

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Newbury Expat @ Sep 30 2009, 08:22 PM) *
That they are afforded the time to take breaks in public together without being accused of wasting public money is a big part of this. When I read about similar breaks in the UK it's been inclusive of such a reference to 'waste' - I think even on these forums people have suggested that it's unreasonable for them to get a bite to eat while on duty!!

QUOTE (Darren @ Sep 30 2009, 09:40 PM) *
Maybe not on here, but there is a view from the public that eating is somehow not allowed.

I am afraid that people on here have in the past commented negatively on the police having a break! blink.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 08:45 AM