> Police response to ASB
GMR
post Sep 29 2009, 10:08 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 33

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Sep 29 2009, 10:27 AM) *
I think it is too late for Gordon Brown and this bankrupt government to start to take notice of what the people of this Country have been asking for. They have missed the boat due to their support of the party and it's members above the needs and concerns of the people and the Country.
Speeches supporting stronger deterents for ASB and control of Yobs will be too little, too late as far as I am concerned.

I agree it is too late for Brown and the Labour party. They've had 12 years in power and they are now bankrupt. The only thing we can hope for is that the Conservatives get into power and that they offer us - the people - something better.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Sep 29 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Sep 29 2009, 10:23 AM) *
[In some cases fear but mostly intolerance.

You see Ossy I think your comment is another example of saying that we are all frightened of our own shadow and that there is not really a problem and If this is the Force talking rather than your own view then this worries me. In fact it worries me either way.
I am not frightened of crime, I am a victim of it, 3 times, and I see precious little being done at the ASB level and effective deterents to prevent it happening again.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 29 2009, 11:27 AM
Post #23

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Sep 29 2009, 11:24 AM) *
You see Ossy I think your comment is another example of saying that we are all frightened of our own shadow and that there is not really a problem and If this is the Force talking rather than your own view then this worries me. In fact it worries me either way.
I am not frightened of crime, I am a victim of it, 3 times, and I see precious little being done at the ASB level and effective deterents to prevent it happening again.

I must also say that I am also a victim of crime/ anti social behaviour. At the moment I've got the local police and a PCSO trying to sort it out.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Sep 29 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 29 2009, 12:27 PM) *
I must also say that I am also a victim of crime/ anti social behaviour. At the moment I've got the local police and a PCSO trying to sort it out.

Well, I am sorry to hear that and the recent West Berks resident survey indicated Thatcham and the surrounding area as a particular hot-spot for ASB and I know this from personal experience also up at Turnpike which I believe is your area.
But it does emphasise the point that ASB is real and not a figment of our imaginations or over reactions.
I hope the Police give you the attention that is required. If not let us know.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Sep 29 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Sep 29 2009, 11:24 AM) *

wow hold on!! you were talking about ASB and now your relating my comment to being a victim of crime which is totally different.

My comment about intolerence relates to what we were talking about, ASB.

Don't twist my comments to fit in with your ideal. I always missed the bit when the thread turned into being about you. I thought you were orginally refering to an article in the paper.

I did not say you were frightened of your own shadow more that society is less tolerant than it used to be. Re read the posts then read my comment in the context it was meant before you all start with the police bashing against me.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post Sep 29 2009, 12:43 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

QUOTE (ossy1 @ Sep 29 2009, 12:46 PM) *
wow hold on!! you were talking about ASB and now your relating my comment to being a victim of crime which is totally different.

My comment about intolerence relates to what we were talking about, ASB.

Don't twist my comments to fit in with your ideal. I always missed the bit when the thread turned into being about you. I thought you were orginally refering to an article in the paper.

I did not say you were frightened of your own shadow more that society is less tolerant than it used to be. Re read the posts then read my comment in the context it was meant before you all start with the police bashing against me.

OK,your're right I appologise.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
ossy1
post Sep 29 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 182

QUOTE (Bloggo @ Sep 29 2009, 01:43 PM) *
OK,your're right I appologise.

Thank you rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 29 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

Ok, Bloggo was decent enough to appologise but where is GMR, the original Mr Me-Me-Me? huh.gif

Or would appologising be too much against his nature? Maybe the whole reason he comments on here is so that he can turn each thread into his very own discussion vehicle!

angry.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Sep 29 2009, 01:42 PM
Post #29

Guests

QUOTE (Chesapeake @ Sep 29 2009, 02:36 PM) *
Ok, Bloggo was decent enough to appologise but where is GMR, the original Mr Me-Me-Me? huh.gif

Or would appologising be too much against his nature? Maybe the whole reason he comments on here is so that he can turn each thread into his very own discussion vehicle!

angry.gif

Finally other people are starting to suss him out tongue.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 29 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #30

Advanced Member

angry.gif

So why are you attacking me all of a sudden and what have I done this time?

And what do I need to apologise for? I haven't said anything wrong and nobody has criticised me on this thread?

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 29 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Sep 29 2009, 02:42 PM) *
Finally other people are starting to suss him out tongue.gif

Could you tell me what I've done wrong?

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Sep 29 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #32

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 29 2009, 07:38 PM) *
Could you tell me what I've done wrong?

I could be flippant, but I won't.

My serious reply is manyfold but mainly posting for the sake of it, hijacking threads, patronising people and never backing down.

Not always mind, just too often.

A recent example would be Iommi's bat query.

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 29 2009, 09:57 PM
Post #33

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Sep 29 2009, 10:55 PM) *
A flippant reply would be the above questions grammar.

A serious reply would be manyfold but mainly posting for the sake of it, hijacking threads, patronising people and never backing down.

Not always mind, just too often.

A recent example would be Iommi's bat query.

First of all I don't post for the sake of it. However, my question was about this thread; what did I do wrong here?

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Sep 29 2009, 10:01 PM
Post #34

Guests

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 29 2009, 10:57 PM) *
First of all I don't post for the sake of it. However, my question was about this thread; what did I do wrong here?

Wow that was quick!

I decided I didn't like my response so I edited it, anyway I was talking generally, not about just here.

Still I'm off now, as you may have noticed I am not on here as much these days, as it can suck one in and suddenly one finds that one has not done much with one's time.

Tara wink.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 29 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Sep 29 2009, 11:01 PM) *
Wow that was quick!

I decided I didn't like my response so I edited it, anyway I was talking generally, not about just here.

Still I'm off now, as you may have noticed I am not on here as much these days, as it can suck one in and suddenly one finds that one has not done much with one's time.

Tara wink.gif

When you mention about spoiling Iommi's bat thread; you mean the same as you did to this thread? By bringing something up that has no relevance to this topic? I suppose we can all be guilty of that wink.gif

So I didn't do anything wrong on this thread; thank you.

All the best. wink.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Sep 30 2009, 08:33 AM
Post #36

Guests

Actually GMR I was agreeing with this which was posted earlier on this thread.

angry.gif

+Quote Post
GMR
post Sep 30 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #37

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Bill1 @ Sep 30 2009, 09:33 AM) *
Actually GMR I was agreeing with this which was posted earlier on this thread.

But that still doesn't change my question; what has that post got to do with this thread? Also were do I need to apologise on this thread, if I need to apologise?

We were having a perfectly good and civil debate before Chesapeake got the wrong end of the stick and you jumped on the bandwagon (accusing me of something you did yourself). As for Chesapeake; I PM'd her and asked her what I had done wrong. Even though she has looked at the PM she hasn't bothered to acknowledge me.

There is too much finger pointing on here, only for the finger pointers to do what they are accusing others of doing. Can we now get back to the topic?

+Quote Post
Roost
post Sep 30 2009, 12:56 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

Member No.: 31

Topic Schmopic!

Looks like we'll need another thread for "Bill1 vs GMR" in addition to the Iommi one already running!

Let's save time and just have a "World vs GMR" topic, although it seems that the whole forum is already heading in that direction! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Roost

Welcome to the jungle....

+Quote Post
Chesapeake
post Sep 30 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 205

QUOTE (GMR @ Sep 30 2009, 10:17 AM) *
But that still doesn't change my question; what has that post got to do with this thread? Also were do I need to apologise on this thread, if I need to apologise?

We were having a perfectly good and civil debate before Chesapeake got the wrong end of the stick and you jumped on the bandwagon (accusing me of something you did yourself). As for Chesapeake; I PM'd her and asked her what I had done wrong. Even though she has looked at the PM she hasn't bothered to acknowledge me.

There is too much finger pointing on here, only for the finger pointers to do what they are accusing others of doing. Can we now get back to the topic?

Hi GMR and Co.

Sorry I have not responded but been tired and unwell. sad.gif I was referring to the fact that you (GMR) had mentioned your own problems again and how you have been a victim and Ossy said "wow hold on!! you were talking about ASB and now your relating my comment to being a victim of crime which is totally different" and "missed the bit when the thread turned into being about you" and it seemed to fit in with you and your post as well as Bloggo's.

Sorry if I got it wrong. Can't tell if I am wrong or right at the moment. Going back to bed I think and I'll get out of the other side and see if things get better. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_Bill1_*
post Sep 30 2009, 01:22 PM
Post #40

Guests

Get well soon Chesapeake!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:14 AM