> Looking after children
Iommi
post Sep 24 2009, 07:37 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 20

QUOTE (Andy @ Sep 24 2009, 12:30 AM) *
Quite a few primary and pre school teachers manage to do this every day and for a lot less money!!!
And fewer hours, plus school holidays, etc.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sarah
post Sep 24 2009, 07:42 AM
Post #42

Advanced Member

Member No.: 191

QUOTE (Andy @ Sep 24 2009, 12:30 AM) *
Quite a few primary and pre school teachers manage to do this every day and for a lot less money!!!

I think you'll find that in term time, children in the care of child minders are usually under four years old, so in need of a lot of supervision.

You'll also find that pre-school, reception and nursery teachers do not take a class alone, they have several assistants depending on the numbers in a class. They also have breaks when others supervise the children and canteen staff to provide meals, and as Iommi said work fewer hours.

+Quote Post
Rachel
post Sep 24 2009, 11:50 AM
Post #43

Advanced Member

Member No.: 258

[quote name='Andy' date='Sep 24 2009, 12:30 AM' post='9209']
Of course saying "Shame on you" and scowling with an angry face was an extremely respectful in your opening gambit, silly me for misunderstanding and taking offence.

And I appologised in the same post, giving my reason as defending the work of childminders & their renumeration.

And as you fail to grasp the simple economic fact that if they all stuck together and raised their rates, then it would not be worthwhile the parent continuing to work as they would not then earn enough to justify the expense of child minding, then there's no real point in discussing it with you further.

I grasp this point fully, thus my comment refering to what a mess the country would be in.

How well I know it. Glad you appreciate us rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:09 AM