> Error on NewburyToday's forum.
Andy Capp
post Feb 29 2012, 11:13 AM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 317

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Feb 29 2012, 11:03 AM) *
It's probably "Admin/N3wb3ry" or something.
But again with the literalisms and completely miss the actual point. Someone saying "oh, surely it's technically not that hard to fix it" okay then, why don't you fix it? Or could you even?

huh.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
massifheed
post Feb 29 2012, 02:58 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,215

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Feb 29 2012, 11:03 AM) *
It took me 4 hours to make a box on our guest wireless portal thing sit in the middle of the page automatically based upon screen resolution.

Four hours?!?!

I'm hoping this isn't what you do for a living.

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Feb 29 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #23

Guests

It's not tongue.gif

I had never touched HTML before I did that. Metaphorically speaking. You can't really touch HTML unless you print the webpage which is not good for the environment.

+Quote Post
Simon Kirby
post Feb 29 2012, 06:16 PM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,011

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Feb 29 2012, 03:12 PM) *
It's not tongue.gif

I had never touched HTML before I did that. Metaphorically speaking. You can't really touch HTML unless you print the webpage which is not good for the environment.

Centering and such is better done in the style sheet than directly in the HTML really.

--------------------
Right an injustice - give Simon Kirby his allotment back!

+Quote Post
thatcham residen...
post Feb 29 2012, 11:12 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 106

I'm fed up with this Newbury Today web site, no weather no poll, font is terrible,pages keep jumping about. No time for it anymore, i'm going over to Newbury sound !

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Feb 29 2012, 11:16 PM
Post #26

Guests

Cheers Si, you are right. I learnt it in the end after copious amounts of googling. To be honest I still never got it perfect but it was better than nothing.
It was fun but not something I would like to do. I made a website once. On geocities when it was very easy and nice. They changed it now, me no likey.

Close the door, wouldn't want a breeze tongue.gif
Newbury Sound is probably the best of the "local" stations. BBC Berkshire is literally just old ladies moaning about daffodils, Heart FM has those annoying presenters that go right we've got some hits from Lady Gaga on the way..." and then do that really annoying thing where you grit your teeth, press your tongue up against the back of your teeth and breathe in...
And they actually do play the same old crap every day. Some Adele, Katy Perry, The Wanted, and Take That (I said as I kicked Gary Barlow in the ballbag)

They are completely against rap as well...they cut out Snoop Doggs bit in "California Girls" as well, and when was the last time you heard an Indie band, or some hip hop, played on Heart? It's a middle of the road radio station for people who drive in the middle lane on motorways.

The only good show on Heart is Club Classics.

+Quote Post
Biker1
post Feb 29 2012, 11:29 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 103

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Feb 29 2012, 10:53 AM) *
If it's not that difficult why don't you fix it for them.

Actually there is something on this forum that is more irritating than the fault highlighted in the OP. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
thatcham residen...
post Feb 29 2012, 11:33 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member

Member No.: 106

QUOTE (thatcham resident @ Feb 29 2012, 11:12 PM) *
I'm fed up with this Newbury Today web site, no weather no poll, font is terrible,pages keep jumping about. No time for it anymore, i'm going over to Newbury sound !

Oh and i forgot to say, the time is alway's an hour fast. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 1 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #29

Guests

QUOTE (Biker1 @ Feb 29 2012, 11:29 PM) *
Actually there is something on this forum that is more irritating than the fault highlighted in the OP. tongue.gif

yes it's the forum going to the top of all threads rather than the latest post kthxbye

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 1 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #30

Advanced Member

Member No.: 56

QUOTE (thatcham resident @ Feb 29 2012, 11:33 PM) *
Oh and i forgot to say, the time is alway's an hour fast. sad.gif

No it's not. It's a problem with the widget they chose for the clock so you can't tell what hour it's actually pointing at.

If you download a decent browser like Firefox or Chrome, and install Adblock the problem (the clock and the page jump that panel causes) goes away, although that's treating the symptoms rather than the disease (which really needs to be cured).

+Quote Post
Brewmaster
post Mar 1 2012, 09:07 PM
Post #31

Advanced Member

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (JeffG @ Mar 1 2012, 10:57 AM) *
No it's not. It's a problem with the widget they chose for the clock so you can't tell what hour it's actually pointing at.

Despite the lack of numerals on the clock I can easily tell that it is an hour fast.

If you download a decent browser like Firefox or Chrome, and install Adblock the problem (the clock and the page jump that panel causes) goes away, although that's treating the symptoms rather than the disease (which really needs to be cured).

I have Firefox but still the clock problem is there.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 1 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #32

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Brewmaster @ Mar 1 2012, 09:07 PM) *
I have Firefox but still the clock problem is there.

Did you install the Adblock Plus add-on? That's what gets rid of the clock.

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 1 2012, 10:59 PM
Post #33

Guests

Along with every other pop up. I had Adblock and NoScript and it restricted my browsing so severely I got rid of it. You have to bleedin' well "allow" on every single site you use. And some sites have multiple scripts so you have to allow each one.
Great if you are a big corporate company who want to maximise security, for the home user (even one who is technically minded), it's like drowning in wall paper paste.

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 2 2012, 09:00 AM
Post #34

Advanced Member

Why start talking about Noscript which is something else? Adblock doesn't interfere with your browsing.

Edit: at 09:00 the little hand is definitely pointing to where the 9 would be. As someone else said, it jumps rather than moving progressively, so it gives the illusion of being an hour fast at certain times. It's definitely the choice of clock widget that's the problem, but that's insignificant compared with the screen jumping.

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 2 2012, 09:06 AM
Post #35

Guests

I know. Normally though people run them together. Apparently it's like Fish and Chips. Fish is nice except it's from fish so it's always bony sad.gif
Although if you use forums I'd not recommend using AdBlock plus as it messes up with the boards eg when using smilies.
smile.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif ohmy.gif tongue.gif sad.gif wink.gif laugh.gif huh.gif

+Quote Post
JeffG
post Mar 2 2012, 09:38 AM
Post #36

Advanced Member

QUOTE (xjay1337 @ Mar 2 2012, 09:06 AM) *
Although if you use forums I'd not recommend using AdBlock plus as it messes up with the boards eg when using smilies.
smile.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif ohmy.gif tongue.gif sad.gif wink.gif laugh.gif huh.gif

No it doesn't. Where do you get your odd ideas from?

+Quote Post
Guest_xjay1337_*
post Mar 2 2012, 09:41 AM
Post #37

Guests

My ODD future.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 6 2012, 04:46 PM
Post #38

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Brewmaster @ Mar 1 2012, 09:07 PM) *
Despite the lack of numerals on the clock I can easily tell that it is an hour fast. I have Firefox but still the clock problem is there.
QUOTE (JeffG @ Mar 1 2012, 09:14 PM) *
Did you install the Adblock Plus add-on? That's what gets rid of the clock.
QUOTE (JeffG @ Mar 2 2012, 09:00 AM) *
Why start talking about Noscript which is something else? Adblock doesn't interfere with your browsing.

Edit: at 09:00 the little hand is definitely pointing to where the 9 would be. As someone else said, it jumps rather than moving progressively, so it gives the illusion of being an hour fast at certain times. It's definitely the choice of clock widget that's the problem, but that's insignificant compared with the screen jumping.

Meanwhile; all one needs to do is read the clock like a digital one. Look at the little hand, say 5, then count the progress of the big hand. e.g. the big hand pointing to the 8 means 40 minutes past. Therefore, 5:40. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Exhausted
post Mar 6 2012, 06:05 PM
Post #39

Advanced Member

Member No.: 320

Just have a look down the bottom right of your screen and the time is shown there whatever site you are looking at.
What a lot of fuss, how do you manage to work out the time if you don't have the newburytoday forum up.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Mar 6 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #40

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Exhausted @ Mar 6 2012, 06:05 PM) *
Just have a look down the bottom right of your screen and the time is shown there whatever site you are looking at.
What a lot of fuss, how do you manage to work out the time if you don't have the newburytoday forum up.

The point people are making is that the clock is of a poor quality anyway, so why have it.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:36 PM