IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

47 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Halal, why should we put up with this?, If fox hunting with dogs is outlawed, why not Halal?
SirWilliam
post Jan 28 2018, 12:32 PM
Post #201

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 28 2018, 11:53 AM) *
I feel all animals should be stunned, but if animal welfare is a great concern then one should consider veganisum. From what I read, the cruelty in dairy is every bit as bad as the meat industry.

Though I agree with your position in principle, placating one's own conscience does not prevent the ongoing cruelty. If we all became vegetarian overnight it would result in every farm animal being killed and left to rot, the countryside predominately used for meat would, over a very short period, become unrecognisable, and that land used for food production would rely increasingly on fossil fuel fertiliser. The reality is we are an omnivorous species and eating meat is a staple of our diet but that does not mean we can treat that food sauce with scant regard to welfare.
The sad thing is that if the law of the land was adhered to we would be debating more contemporary topics such as " should our next prime minister be transgender" ?

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jan 28 2018, 01:24 PM
Post #202

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jan 28 2018, 12:32 PM) *
Though I agree with your position in principle, placating one's own conscience does not prevent the ongoing cruelty. If we all became vegetarian overnight it would result in every farm animal being killed and left to rot, the countryside predominately used for meat would, over a very short period, become unrecognisable, and that land used for food production would rely increasingly on fossil fuel fertiliser. The reality is we are an omnivorous species and eating meat is a staple of our diet but that does not mean we can treat that food sauce with scant regard to welfare.
The sad thing is that if the law of the land was adhered to we would be debating more contemporary topics such as " should our next prime minister be transgender" ?

What sort of transgender? So many names for it now to bundle them all up as trans is quite wrong and insulting.😂

You'll be calling none whites coloured soon. A disgrace!!!

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jan 28 2018, 01:26 PM
Post #203

Advanced Member

I feel all animals should be stunned, but if animal welfare is a great concern then one should consider veganisum. From what I read, the cruelty in dairy is every bit as bad as the meat industry.

What about the vegetables? Poor things. You broccoli murderer.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 28 2018, 01:33 PM
Post #204

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,530

Don't please get me started on "gender issues" more snowflake garbage for people with nowt else to worry their tiny little brains about. angry.gif

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 28 2018, 01:36 PM
Post #205

Advanced Member

A true libtard view, draw the curtains, put your fingers in your ears, go 'lalala' to yourself and pretend it's not happening.

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jan 28 2018, 02:34 PM
Post #206

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 28 2018, 01:33 PM) *
Don't please get me started on "gender issues" more snowflake garbage for people with nowt else to worry their tiny little brains about. angry.gif

Je suis. Tut Tut. You must keep up to date to avoid causing hurt.

http://thepbhscloset.weebly.com/a-list-of-...efinitions.html

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 28 2018, 02:52 PM
Post #207

Advanced Member

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 27 2018, 10:42 PM) *
They have. We all know that slaughter houses often attract vicious sadistic people to work in them, its part of the price of being a meat eater, nasty but true, but to do it for religious purposes is indefensible. Do what I do, boycott ANY business that you find using meat slaughtered in this manner. Use farm shops. And get involved with petitions.

Animal cruelty is indefensible for ANY reason. Yes, I do buy meat only from places which can confirm animals aren't slaughtered inhumanly and I also contact in person in writing law makers to get regulatory inspection and enforcement procedures significantly tightened.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 28 2018, 02:58 PM
Post #208

Advanced Member

QUOTE (On the edge @ Jan 28 2018, 02:52 PM) *
Animal cruelty is indefensible for ANY reason. Yes, I do buy meat only from places which can confirm animals aren't slaughtered inhumanly and I also contact in person in writing law makers to get regulatory inspection and enforcement procedures significantly tightened.

Good man! There's a petition, I think it's still open, to stop the export of live animals for slaughter. Please sign it. The more people who pitch in the more chance there is of stopping it. wink.gif

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 28 2018, 03:01 PM
Post #209

Advanced Member

Sadly, yes it is. This whole area is another unsung consequence of 'austerity' cuts in local government and the rise in that wonderful political cop out 'self management'. Trying to get something done is almost impossible, ironically, highlighting cases with a religious aspect is counter productive, because those wanting to prevent stricter regulation are first to shout it's only Islamaphobia!

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 28 2018, 04:02 PM
Post #210

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 28 2018, 01:36 PM) *
A true libtard view, draw the curtains, put your fingers in your ears, go 'lalala' to yourself and pretend it's not happening.

I’m sorry, but I am not seduced by your dog-whistling bigotry. If animal welfare is the sole motive, then I think we should also look at others areas of animal welfare that has similar cruelty.

There’s nothing humane about killing a healthy animal that doesn’t want to die.

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 28 2018, 04:14 PM
Post #211

Advanced Member

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 28 2018, 01:26 PM) *
What about the vegetables? Poor things. You broccoli murderer.

What about vegetables? I just don’t believe in singling people out.

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 28 2018, 04:56 PM
Post #212

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 28 2018, 04:02 PM) *
I’m sorry, but I am not seduced by your dog-whistling bigotry. If animal welfare is the sole motive, then I think we should also look at others areas of animal welfare that has similar cruelty.

There’s nothing humane about killing a healthy animal that doesn’t want to die.

Then do something, anything, just don't just ignore and say "doesn't effect me" And what other areas do you know that eviscerates animals while still alive on a daily basis?

+Quote Post
SirWilliam
post Jan 28 2018, 06:49 PM
Post #213

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10,341

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 28 2018, 02:58 PM) *
Good man! There's a petition, I think it's still open, to stop the export of live animals for slaughter. Please sign it. The more people who pitch in the more chance there is of stopping it. wink.gif

Before we got into bed with europe back in the '70s the live export of animals for slaughter was prohibited. The National Union of Seamen actually balloted for industrial action to prevent the practise being introduced on membership but of course that achieved nothing more than a "spanked bottom" from the free trade brigade.
There are very few countries who take this issue seriously, other than the scandinavians , so I am afraid nothing is going to change anytime soon. It is down to individuals to source their food from known producers but it is very difficult for Mr and Mrs Average to forgo the convenience and pricing of the local supermarket, and that is what those with the power to change are relying on.
Interesting to note that those who object to inhumane slaughter are branded racist / islamophobic/ sentimental nutcases but those who are happy to ignore are categorised as model citizens.

--------------------
Si non prius succederent.......... relinquere

+Quote Post
On the edge
post Jan 28 2018, 07:08 PM
Post #214

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jan 28 2018, 06:49 PM) *
Before we got into bed with europe back in the '70s the live export of animals for slaughter was prohibited. The National Union of Seamen actually balloted for industrial action to prevent the practise being introduced on membership but of course that achieved nothing more than a "spanked bottom" from the free trade brigade.
There are very few countries who take this issue seriously, other than the scandinavians , so I am afraid nothing is going to change anytime soon. It is down to individuals to source their food from known producers but it is very difficult for Mr and Mrs Average to forgo the convenience and pricing of the local supermarket, and that is what those with the power to change are relying on.
Interesting to note that those who object to inhumane slaughter are branded racist / islamophobic/ sentimental nutcases but those who are happy to ignore are categorised as model citizens.

As always, big money. There is much wealth in the meat trade and they won't give that up easily.

Is the answer nearer than we think. The production of vegetable matter is much more efficient and 'created' foodstuff can be just as palatable. Far more people can be fed for far lower a cost or land use.

--------------------
Know your place!

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 28 2018, 08:07 PM
Post #215

Advanced Member

QUOTE (SirWilliam @ Jan 28 2018, 06:49 PM) *

Where is this the case?

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post Jan 28 2018, 08:18 PM
Post #216

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 28 2018, 04:56 PM) *
Then do something, anything, just don't just ignore and say "doesn't effect me" And what other areas do you know that eviscerates animals while still alive on a daily basis?

I’m not sure, but I believe cruelty exists outside of cruel religious malpractice; dairy for instance: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandna...-pound-of-beef/

+Quote Post
je suis Charlie
post Jan 28 2018, 09:23 PM
Post #217

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Andy Capp @ Jan 28 2018, 08:18 PM) *
I’m not sure, but I believe cruelty exists outside of cruel religious mispractice; dairy for instance: http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandna...-pound-of-beef/

What a load of twisted emotional twaddle! Yes SOME male calves go to the veal trade, and yes that's vile, the rest of the argument, basically, TOSH! Still doesn't quite compare to animals being abused, tortured, skinned alive etc just because of some perceived "cultural difference"

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post Jan 28 2018, 09:37 PM
Post #218

Advanced Member

QUOTE (je suis Charlie @ Jan 28 2018, 09:23 PM) *
What a load of twisted emotional twaddle! Yes SOME male calves go to the veal trade, and yes that's vile, the rest of the argument, basically, TOSH! Still doesn't quite compare to animals being abused, tortured, skinned alive etc just because of some perceived "cultural difference"

Nothing will happen. Too many libtards and lefties cant address it because it conflicts with the view that they are "tolerant". The same people would chase a white privilleged person on a horse across the countryside because it suits an agenda.

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jan 28 2018, 09:49 PM
Post #219

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ Jan 28 2018, 09:37 PM) *
Nothing will happen. Too many libtards and lefties cant address it because it conflicts with the view that they are "tolerant". The same people would chase a white privilleged person on a horse across the countryside because it suits an agenda.

Remember the furore over the issue of sentience in animals? yet the same people would apparently condone the suffering of these same animals in the name of tolerance. Double standards or what?

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post
Turin Machine
post Jan 28 2018, 10:10 PM
Post #220

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,104

Anyway, it looks like all slaughterhouses will be forced to have CCTV now, not too soon.

--------------------
Gammon. And proud!

+Quote Post

47 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:59 AM