Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Getting back to normal?, Ha ha ha ha
Mr Brown
post Jul 22 2020, 04:40 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,072

Dear old Boris is pleading with everyone to 'get back to work'; if only! Chap next door runs a small jobbing builders firm; off they go, good order book, and then....no plaster in Newbury at all. Day or so back, look on line. Wicks and B&Q have it....Aaah our website isn't 'up to date'. Get in touch with British Gypsum, Ooooh its all to do wiv Covid...No outlook, no reserved ordering, no alternatives, nothing, so three get laid off!

Meanwhile, public spirited Partner goes to town to collect an old neighbours regular repeat prescription from famous High Street Chemist. Only took two visits (40 mins in queue each time) to sort and get right. When Chemist realises mistake, won't take 'wrong' stuff back! And the NHS is short of money. Apparently, dear lady says mistakes are the norm. Suggest to neighbour that postal service would be better, apparently not, she's tried twice, postman never knocks at all, let alone twice!

Anyone else irritated by the weird way our peers waddle round such stores that do have a bit of stock. Have parents lost the ability to control their kids? Do people really need to block an asile discussing the merits of shampoo with Elsie?

Then get dear old dad calling. 'My iPad (or rather my old one) isn't working properly with quite a few apps; apparently I need to buy a new one. Why can't I just upgrade this one, really green that isn't it' he rages. After a chat, which doesn't pacify him, he lets go about his very new Smart meter, the portable display has stopped working. Endless calls have failed to get any action or even any admission that anything is wrong.

And so it goes on. And still we think we'll survive on our own!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:34 AM