Reply to this topicStart new topic
> park toilets, need to go ? The Pavillion will be the answer
worried
post May 14 2012, 11:10 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,676

West Berkshire Council wish to demolish the toilets in Victoria Park, they are certainly tired now, unsightly a little, beyond repair mmmmmm I dont think so, thats just daft, has Newbury Town Council had anything to say on this matter. I do hope they will not be demolished until new ones are available ? People in the park need a loo close by, I hope people are not going to be told to use the Wharf loos which are some little walk.

I can't help feeling that the Pavillion is now back on the agenda, removal of the loos will be first little step in the campaign to create an argument for the Pavillon ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 14 2012, 11:36 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

QUOTE (worried @ May 14 2012, 12:10 PM) *
West Berkshire Council wish to demolish the toilets in Victoria Park, they are certainly tired now, unsightly a little, beyond repair mmmmmm I dont think so, thats just daft, has Newbury Town Council had anything to say on this matter. I do hope they will not be demolished until new ones are available ? People in the park need a loo close by, I hope people are not going to be told to use the Wharf loos which are some little walk.

I can't help feeling that the Pavillion is now back on the agenda, removal of the loos will be first little step in the campaign to create an argument for the Pavillon ?

Who gives a sh!t??? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post May 14 2012, 12:01 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

I think they are taking the p*ss

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
TallDarkAndHands...
post May 14 2012, 12:02 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 60

Newbury's gone down the toilet.

+Quote Post
Bloggo
post May 14 2012, 12:07 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (TallDarkAndHandsome @ May 14 2012, 01:02 PM) *
Newbury's gone down the toilet.

Not for long it would seem.

--------------------
Bloggo

+Quote Post
Roger T
post May 14 2012, 12:25 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,712

The amount of toilet humor in this thread is quite disgraceful. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Andy Capp
post May 14 2012, 12:44 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 317

I suspect that this is more about 'spoiling' the view for PW flat residents, than anything else. What will 'cottagers' do now?

+Quote Post
John C
post May 14 2012, 01:07 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,022

I sincerly hope that this is not a back door way of the pidgeon loft monstosity getting built but I do think there needs to be some toilets in Vicvtoria Park, either where the are or as an extension to the cafeteria.

+Quote Post
Roger T
post May 14 2012, 01:17 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

I guess we shall be forced to do our business as nature intended, in a bush. Or a tree. I remember the last time I had to go in a bush. For a tinkle, not a plopsie. Was only a few weeks ago actually. Not my proudest hour.

+Quote Post
dannyboy
post May 14 2012, 01:21 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 51

QUOTE (Roger T @ May 14 2012, 02:17 PM) *
I guess we shall be forced to do our business as nature intended, in a bush. Or a tree. I remember the last time I had to go in a bush. For a tinkle, not a plopsie. Was only a few weeks ago actually. Not my proudest hour.

maybe you should have chosen somewhere more seculded than the centre of the Robin Hood roundabout?

+Quote Post
Roger T
post May 14 2012, 01:42 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

laugh.gif

I thought nobody would notice. I had disguised myself as an oak but I guess you saw through it.

+Quote Post
Jayjay
post May 14 2012, 02:21 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member

Member No.: 357

I think we should have toilet facilities in the park, but not necessarily where they are now. The new PW toilets are situated almost opposite the old block so not too inconvenient (pun intended). Maybe new ones should be nearer the play area.

+Quote Post
blackdog
post May 14 2012, 04:46 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

Member No.: 130

QUOTE (Jayjay @ May 14 2012, 03:21 PM) *
I think we should have toilet facilities in the park, but not necessarily where they are now. The new PW toilets are situated almost opposite the old block so not too inconvenient (pun intended). Maybe new ones should be nearer the play area.

Absolutely - in the middle of the park, together with some changing facilities for users of the tennis courts and a new cafe with room for some under cover seating. Forget the pavilion and provide what is actually needed, where it is needed.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post May 14 2012, 05:01 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (Jayjay @ May 14 2012, 03:21 PM) *

I suppose it will depend on the disruption caused to connect to the main sewage if they are sited near the play area.
Not sure if there is a sewer running through the park?
As long as they don't build it with the timber cladding that is now left over from the Pavillion design. A fire hazard if ever there was one? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post
Nothing Much
post May 14 2012, 05:17 PM
Post #15

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6,171

I expect a mini digger could run a new sewer to where it used to go.
They could knock one up or down in a weekend. The Jehovas seem to pop one up overnight.
A sightly convenience should be no trouble for J.S-H.
ce

+Quote Post
NWNREADER
post May 14 2012, 08:26 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,265

QUOTE (Roger T @ May 14 2012, 02:42 PM) *
laugh.gif

I thought nobody would notice. I had disguised myself as an oak but I guess you saw through it.

I disguised myself as a window once, but people saw through that too......

+Quote Post
Roger T
post May 14 2012, 10:18 PM
Post #17

Advanced Member

Suggesting to hide behind the curtains, and definitely shut the blinds.

+Quote Post
HeatherW
post May 15 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 988

I can understand why they want to remove them. As a woman I find them intimidating and frightening. I usually will use a toilet in a Pub or a restaurant.

+Quote Post
HJD
post May 15 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 322

QUOTE (blackdog @ May 14 2012, 05:46 PM) *
Absolutely - in the middle of the park, together with some changing facilities for users of the tennis courts and a new cafe with room for some under cover seating. Forget the pavilion and provide what is actually needed, where it is needed.

Now, you know that is a far to sensible suggestion for this town.

+Quote Post
Cognosco
post May 16 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,212

QUOTE (HJD @ May 15 2012, 08:29 PM) *
Now, you know that is a far to sensible suggestion for this town.

Besides a certain architect has the wooden cladding already in stock for the pigeon loft Pavillion. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Vexatious Candidate?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:25 PM